[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Did squad add like a glow texture to the IVA navball? It seems like since 1.05 hit the IVA navball has a second set of number overlaid on it that don't match up with the texture I use as a replacement. I will get pics if need just wondered if anyone knew for sure, or had a similar problem. Thanks!

@jlcarneiro

Poodmund' Deep Star looks great but doesn't it have any nebulae? I like them  lot, they're easier to recognize and stand out in a screenshot.

The Calm Nebula looks promising to me... Can't you mix both?

The Deep Star Map Skybox will not be changed as it is an actual representation of the Earth's night sky as taken from various satellite's star catalogs. However, the Calm Nebula Skybox does indeed have the Deep Star Map textures screened over the top of the Nebula base textures at 20% opacity for some star depth. Try it in game, you may like it. :D

Edited by Poodmund

31 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

Anyone got a real skybox I can use? Really want one. Thanks in advance!

My Deep Star Map Skybox is "real" in the fact it offers a true representation of the night sky from an Earth viewpoint, you will be able to spot constellations and they should be positioned in relation to each other.

On that note, I've had some comments about it stating a select few stars were too bright or too large. I have reduced the magnitude of these stars to coincide with the majority of the other next-'largest' stars so they shouldn't be as garish now. Download link is the same, overwrite all previous files. :D

@shaw - Thanks for the OP addtion.

Edited by Poodmund

5 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

My Deep Star Map Skybox is "real" in the fact it offers a true representation of the night sky from an Earth viewpoint, you will be able to spot constellations and they should be positioned in relation to each other.

On that note, I've had some comments about it stating a select few stars were too bright or too large. I have reduced the magnitude of these stars to coincide with the majority of the other next-'largest' stars so they shouldn't be as garish now. Download link is the same, overwrite all previous files. :D

@shaw - Thanks for the OP addtion.

Thanks!

I apologize if my question was already answered. I took the time and read  the first few and last handful of pages of the thread and dind't find anything.

Do the texture/RAM management features affect all textures in the game or only the ones in use by this mod?

Edited by zKrieg

Compression is applied on all textures. Mipmap generation (if enabled) affects all textures covered by "generateMipmaps" RegEx patterns in *.cfg (all config files in GameData/ with TextureReplacer {} root node, e.g. @Default.cfg). All textures except the ones covered by "keepLoaded" patterns get unloaded.

If ATM is found all texture management features (isCompressionEnabled, isMipmapGenEnabled, isUnloadingEnabled) are disabled and left for ATM. This is the default behaviour, if set to "auto". "always" enables an option even when ATM is loaded, which might interfere with ATM, and "never" disables the option.

Hey, could you relink my skybox (Vaporo's Blue Galaxy Skybox) directly to my forum thread? The current link leads to my post in the old Texture Replacer thread, which has a broken download link that I can't seem to edit.

Here's the link to the forum thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/90625-vaporos-blue-galaxy-skybox/

Hello can someone point me in the right direction for the custom kerbal suits like in the OP. The ones that are all 1 colour. I've had a look through what's displayed but couldn't find what I was looking for, I think its due to kerbal stuff shutting down?

20 hours ago, Mait3rz said:

Hello can someone point me in the right direction for the custom kerbal suits like in the OP. The ones that are all 1 colour. I've had a look through what's displayed but couldn't find what I was looking for, I think its due to kerbal stuff shutting down?

Pimp My Kerbals and old Universe Replacer suits from the last link.

2 hours ago, Hellbrand said:

Hey does anybody know of a mod that has suits similar to scart91's that  had  diffrent Emblems and colors for pilots, Engineers, and Scientists but kept a stock alike feel to them?

That sounds somewhat like my suit pack that I created.  It was hosted on KerbalStuff.  I haven't gotten it up yet on Space Dock.  I've had some issues with their site when they were brand new, and I've been terribly sick.  I'll see if I can it up possibly this weekend.

This is the link to the post describing it in this texture replacer thread:

See if that is the one you're thinking about.  It might also be this one from Shaymes:

Edited by Cetera

3 hours ago, Cetera said:

@Hellbrand and @The L3mur, my suit mod is up on SpaceDock:

http://spacedock.info/mod/282/Cetera's%20Suit%20Mod

I'll update the original description in this thread as well.  Thanks for the interest in it!  It is always nice to see people enjoying your work.

Those are spot-on cool. Maybe a further refinement of Texture Replacer/suits combo would allow for the decals & highlights to dynamically apply to allow for even more color and style variation.

Every time I come back to KSP, it's a whole new game. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Those are spot-on cool. Maybe a further refinement of Texture Replacer/suits combo would allow for the decals & highlights to dynamically apply to allow for even more color and style variation.

Every time I come back to KSP, it's a whole new game. Thanks!

Thanks!  I'm glad you like them.  I seriously had almost no skills or experience with graphical editing when I started, and I still don't have much.  It was a long labor of love, trying to figure out how to do all of it.  

On 2/27/2016 at 10:27 PM, Cetera said:

Thanks!  I'm glad you like them.  I seriously had almost no skills or experience with graphical editing when I started, and I still don't have much.  It was a long labor of love, trying to figure out how to do all of it.  

Confirming, those are awesome suits; just snagged them from spacedock. Well done.

Cheers.

--edit--

Also be aware, there is minor inconsistency in the screenshots from the final package. I was experimenting with the possible star patterns in the screenshots, and decided on having level three be three stars straight across, not in a triangle. In a couple of pics, an incorrect normal map was used on EVA backpacks, that has since been corrected, and one has a level 1 suit from KSPRC as a placeholder.

I don't think you need to worry about that, but then again, this is the internet, so you probably do need to worry about that.:lol:

Edited by Deimos Rast

I want to apply shininess to one part of my engine. In Unity i have thrustTrasnform model for upper part of the engine, the nozzle, and a separate object for the piece that i want to have shine. All 3 of them make up the entire model of  the engine and when i export it into KSP, everything works fine, but how do i set shininess to the piece that i want? I saw the meshes part in the .cfg file but i don't know how my pieces are called. Anybody know a solution?

23 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Confirming, those are awesome suits; just snagged them from spacedock. Well done.

Cheers.

--edit--

I don't think you need to worry about that, but then again, this is the internet, so you probably do need to worry about that.:lol:

Thanks for the compliments.  And those were my thoughts, back-to-back, when I wrote the description, lol.  Who knows?  People be crazy...

23 hours ago, Joco223 said:

I want to apply shininess to one part of my engine. In Unity i have thrustTrasnform model for upper part of the engine, the nozzle, and a separate object for the piece that i want to have shine. All 3 of them make up the entire model of  the engine and when i export it into KSP, everything works fine, but how do i set shininess to the piece that i want? I saw the meshes part in the .cfg file but i don't know how my pieces are called. Anybody know a solution?

My experience is that textures with a transparency applied appear dull or matte, and those without one get very reflective.  You can have mixes, a texture with a transparency mask applied over 90% of it and then have the reflective part flattened onto the image afterwards giving it a shiny look.  Squad's textures have a lot of this, and I did it to some windows on a cockpit i was using to yield a nice look.  

• 2 weeks later...

Can I get some help please guys since I am clearly doing this wrong. I am trying to replace the firespitter helicopter cockpit texture. I am not sure how to go about actually doing this. Please explain this and thanks in advance for your help!

11 minutes ago, ZedMC said:

Is this Texture Replacer mod still works properly for 1.0.5? And do the EVA helmet's reflection automatically appears once i install this mod? Or i need another suit mod?

Works fine in 1.0.5, and there's a bit of visor reflectivity by default IIRC.