All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The other SXT nerta is called LV-NX4 "Fat Mun" Atomic Rocket Motor with the part name SXTNERVAB and has this config, @PART[SXTNERVAB]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen] // LV-NX4 "Fat Mun" Atomic Rocket Motor { PLUME { name = Hydrogen-NTR transformName = thrustTransform localRotation = 0,0,0 localPosition = 0,0,-2.3 fixedScale = 1.2 energy = 1 speed = 1.5 } @MODULE[ModuleEngines*] { %powerEffectName = Hydrogen-NTR } } It seems to work fine.
  3. how long of you been playing ksp?

I can't believe that it was May 2016 when I bought the game. KSP has sent the quality of my life skyrocketing. Happy Explosions!
  4. SpaceX Discussion Thread

Am I the only one not particularly looking forward to BFR? that means replacing Falcon where we get awesome launches at least every month (9 or heavy) for bfr that will accumulate payloads and do them all at once only a few times a year. id rather more awesome launches than less awesome launches
  5. On Windows 8.1 x64, downloaded 1.0.5 clean, and it does start up into the main screen for me, allows to change settings etc, even allows to start new games. New career starts with fully upgraded buildings though, and in SPH/VAB no parts are shown at all, so basically nothing can be done from that point on. Game folder shows a lot of files missing. But it does load up. Deleted folder again, reinstalled from my own archived 1.0.5, and all runs well. The Steam 1.0.5 repository is definitely screwed up.
  6. Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

Here is a shot of my Dres Spacecraft. I hope you like it. This would be my second recorded interplanetary mission, so I am making sure I have enough Delta-v. Even then, in my equations are falling short. Hopefully I can get a refueling spacecraft over there as well... Happy Explosions!
  7. Bad science in fiction Hall of Shame

I was expecting a platform for writers to write their stories and readers to read others stories online. I wasn't prepared for what seems like a gigantic teen girl audience that took over de website.
  8. Thread to complain bout stuff

Set a wake up alarm using apple bedtime because it tracks sleep and stuff. For some reason I never woke up. Set an alarm for 6:00 though. That did work.
  9. Google Picture War RELOADED

Multiple explosions involving rocket fuel? No problem!
  10. Moobase Alpha - A game involving space cows running a moon base. (Moonbase Alpha)
  11. I feel like this is where all forum posts go bad, but I'm not sure where to post this. I'm having an issue with KSC Switcher, which doesn't seem to have an active forum thread, and seems to have been adopted separately by GPP and Realism Overhaul. TBH I can't even be sure if anyone is even trying to support it.. but it's included in the GitHub download as an 'optional mod' so there's that? And it doesn't feel right to file an issue with GPP since it's a different mod entirely. Issue: Recovering a craft anywhere on Gael that isn't 'BIOME at GSC' or on the launchpad/runway results in an erroneous distance, often in the hundreds of kilometers. (The problem here being that in career mode you don't get appropriate refunds.) Reproduction Steps: 1. Install GPP according to the install guide. 2. Install KSCSwitcher. 3. In the Tracking Station, click on any of the launch-sites provided by KSCSwitcher, yes any of them. 4. Launch a craft, and recover it >3ish kilometers away (I used the smallest SRB and the Mk1, with some fins, tilting over right away and parachuting down gets you the distance you need.) You should get a recovery distance of hundreds of kilometers, or at least a -wrong- number. Someone else posted about this a long while ago, but no-one replied to him. I tried for awhile to fix this myself, and discovered an actual oversight with the .cfg that refers to KSCSwitcher, it lacks a replacement for the 'DefaultSite' variable, if you set this to the name of one of the sites, ex. KSC_Main, then when you start a new campaign you won't need to go into the tracking station, the glitch will already be observable. Ironically, if you never use KSCSwitcher, you'll never be bothered by this. Another note is that if you are using KerbalKonstructs (just the native additions GPP provides.) then as soon as the glitch is active, you won't be able to see the additions it makes in the Space Center screen anymore. Though they still appear if you load a craft while at the main launch site. Obviously this is easily fixed by.. just not using the KSC Switcher mod, or by not caring about recovery distance, the former is what I'm doing, but I spent all day puzzling over this so I might as well post my findings so I can get told I'm making a simple mistake.
  12. A Thread for Writers to talk about Writing

I understand the feeling like you don't have to drive to write. I find the best thing to do is not jump to a different story, but to change up your story. Drastically. Therefore my stories can get a little disjointed, but I keep writing on them. Happy Explosions!
  13. Blasty's No Contract Career

Flight Nine New facilities mean new opportunities for world firsts! Bob is chosen for his bravery (but also mostly for his ability to clean out test tubes) to be the first Kerbal to walk in space and to visit the Mun. Lift off is a breeze with the larger boosters allowed at the upgraded launch pad. Things go well! The Mun is orbited, science is collected over 8 biomes, milestones are completed, and there is even some fuel left over hmm... After several minutes of envelope-scribbling and node-fiddling a plan is cobbled together to also visit Minmus A series of burns is planned to first escape the moon and lower the periapsis, then a transfer burn to raise the apoapsis out to Minmus, and then a course adjustment to ensure intercept. What could go wrong? Nothing. Nothing went wrong! Everything worked perfectly and Bob got to take these amazingly happy selfies while looking down at Minmus. After surveying 8 biomes over several orbits, Bob gathered his data and burned for home, splashing down safely 21 days after launch. funds after flight - 342,150 science after flight - 1156.1 technology researched - none buildings upgraded - vehicle assembly building 2
  14. [1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

I got this problem as well. I think it's the latest version on Kopernicus but I haven't tested it yet.
  15. KSP Challenge: Lithobraking!

Here's my entry! https://imgur.com/a/yBwwq Think I managed to get 75 points! But that is of course for the judges to decide Edit: excrements, I think I'm too late Well I did DO it in time, as can be seen from the livestream - guess I should've posted here earlier...
  16. Its a part of the mod list. I use it because I just can't stand the physics and the floppiness of everything. Better than spamming struts, especially since the VAB can only hold 255 parts. Anyway, the 50th Installment might take some time. The deadline is around Thursday, but probably will be finished before then. Happy Explosions!
  17. Trying to rotate spacex's Tesla in space

Well I tried to quicksave in real life the other day...
  18. Back when I was a kid

Yes. Or I had the thick skin to begin with
  19. Hi everyone ! Good day on Kerbin ! My SPH growing Slowly but surely . Have a new Copter to share with you . Probably need some minor tweak but is ready to fly . Let's check ^ Eurocopter EC665 Tigre I'm feeling good with the global shape , got wooble for a few sec at start , seems the front landing gear , but don't know why , that's stop fast after the launch ! Here's the first 'good' version to try . Good stability , fly safe at level flight . Decent autonomious , Easy take off & landing , well isn't bad . https://kerbalx.com/ZLM-Master/Eurocopter-EC665-Tigre Coffée still not include with the .craft
  20. The No Contract Career Challenge

Sweet, though there are more than that. You also get funds for leaving and entering SOIs for the first time, and returning home from for the first time. Not 100% but I think you also get a little for the first flag planted.
  21. When would YOU like to wake up from cryosleep?

Valid point but terribly depressing. Well since we get to choose, can we at least make it the afternoon?
  22. Bad science in fiction Hall of Shame

Lucy: "We only use 10% of our brain, and at 100% we become god or something like that." Me: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" Also, I let a garbled screech in Rogue One, during the final battle, as they are in orbit but they aren't moving compared to the planet under them. AUGH.
  23. Today
  24. Bad science in fiction Hall of Shame

That's actually what the "B" means
  25. It is definitely this mod. When loading to the pad I get a good 5 seconds of 15ish FPS and then it jumps back to 60.
  26. Blasty's No Contract Career

Awww I thought they fixed that. You're not the first to try that trick!
  27. [1.3.1] Docking camera (KURS) (14.feb.18)

DId you guys get around to reading a previous question I had asked about being to start the docking camera in clear view by default (instead of with noise on)?
  1. Load more activity