Devnote Tuesday: It’s All In The Details

SQUAD

He means removing elements from the demo, just like the 0.18.3 demo didn't have all the features of the 0.18.x release :)

Ok, thanks for clearing that up! and I agree with those that say that the current demo is a bit...dated! Though I have a strong connection to the current one as that is what sealed the deal for me finally buying this on Steam! :)

The FOV thing will be great for viewing large stations.

And people having been asking for trackIR-type things for IVA view for a while now, so that's good too.

It's good that you're working on a new demo, too. Demos are what gets people to buy games. Books have blurbs, movies have trailers, games have demos.

This cost increases based on your current active crew count. That means, for instance, that going through 100 Kerbals would be far less expensive than having a roster with a hundred active ones.

Frankly, that makes no sense. So, I've killed my first 100 guys, and I can then hire 101th for a dime?

And lastly, this is something that I’m still working on today, I’m adding a camera wobble system, to allow cameras to shake and vibrate in response to external forces. Currently I already have implemented effects when pulling high Gs, when rolling over the ground, and when intense aerodynamic effects are acting on the vessel. there are still a few other causes which I hope to implement, but even now this system already promises to be a significant enhancement to how flying feels.

I certainly hope that it would be toggleable. Because I don't want this Hollywoody-type thing (and I'm sure many would agree with me).

There might not even be one and that makes me sad in the heart.

And makes me crying in joy, because 99.9% of April Fools jokes are just plain stupid things done by some kids who just came out of diapers.

Edited by biohazard15

Who is on what? :P

Oh my god, immersion oriented features being mentioned!

I was very skeptical about this now I am building up some hype.

Just need some sound effects to that and it's going to be good.

I also see that the devs really got caught on the airplane/spaceplane area of KSP, I told you it's fun!

Frankly, that makes no sense. So, I've killed my first 100 guys, and I can then hire 101th for a dime?

Reread that section. They are doing the exact opposite of that. Kill 100 astronauts = astronaut 101 for cheap, have 100 surviving astronauts = astronaut 101 bankrupts the program.

Reread that section. They are doing the exact opposite of that. Kill 100 astronauts = astronaut 101 for cheap, have 100 surviving astronauts = astronaut 101 bankrupts the program.

Reread that section again, and then reread both mine and yours replies.

Would anyone wanted to fly in a spacecraft that crashes and kills its passengers on a regular basis? No - or at least not without a good insurance package.

That's what I'm talking about - astronauts' salaries should be based on your success rate, not on your astronaut corps' size. Kill no Kerbals - and they're cheap. Kill many - and they're expensive.

Gonna add my support to making the camera shake toggleable.

Ditto.

Although, instead of being toggleable, having a "volume" control, which can specify the amount of shaking. At one end, no shaking at all (ie: it would be the same as now). The other end, full shaking.

Reread that section again, and then reread both mine and yours replies.

Would anyone wanted to fly in a spacecraft that crashes and kills its passengers on a regular basis? No - or at least not without a good insurance package.

That's what I'm talking about - astronauts' salaries should be based on your success rate, not on your astronaut corps' size. Kill no Kerbals - and they're cheap. Kill many - and they're expensive.

I've been staring at screens too long. I missed the "no" in your post.

Even though it's not logical I agree with the gameplay consequences of the "hire an astronaut" cost.

New players will kill more Kerbals, and making hiring more prohibitively expensive would just hurt them without actually adding challenge to experienced players.

Experienced players will want to hire more Kerbals, and (if my experience is typical) will also have millions of Kerbucks sitting around doing nothing, so this would actually give us some reason to keep going.

Even though it's not logical I agree with the gameplay consequences of the "hire an astronaut" cost.

New players will kill more Kerbals, and making hiring more prohibitively expensive would just hurt them without actually adding challenge to experienced players.

Experienced players will want to hire more Kerbals, and (if my experience is typical) will also have millions of Kerbucks sitting around doing nothing, so this would actually give us some reason to keep going.

On the contrary - it would encourage the new players to actually think about kerbals' safety - which would only add some challenge, especially with spaceplanes and "no-revert" settings. Kill too many kerbals = lose your career.

KSP has a worldwide distribution, and it's April 1st in a significant portion of the world.

True.... True...

But since Squad is based* in a timezone where it's not April 1st yet, I would think that it would happen later.

*Not all members

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.