Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

1 hour ago, Dale Christopher said:

Can I have a bigger “like” limit @_@!!!!!?

Ooh! Ooh! I know this one! I know this one!

Spoiler

RageFace.jpg

If we all had too many likes, then the concept of likes itself would become meaningless. Kinda like that Bruce Willis movie where the bad guys wanted to turn lead into gold to flood the market and cause a global economic collapse. 

Cuz a collapse of forum economy would also be pretty devis divas dervish bad.

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

2 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Ooh! Ooh! I know this one! I know this one!

Reveal hidden contents

RageFace.jpg

If we all had too many likes, then the concept of likes itself would become meaningless. Kinda like that Bruce Willis movie where the bad guys wanted to turn lead into gold to flood the market and cause a global economic collapse. 

Cuz a collapse of forum economy would also be pretty devis divas dervish bad.

Tell it to all the people who deserve likes but have to go without!

21367876-52-F5-45-C3-9048-31-B06445-DFD9

I think there's something wrong with the enlarged image viewer thing.  I seem to recall before that it stayed with the pictures in a post.  But now, when clicking the right arrow to view the next picture, instead of stopping when it gets to the last image of the post, it displays the first image of the next post.  This could be misleading for picture-heavy threads like WDYDIKSPT.

3 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I think there's something wrong with the enlarged image viewer thing.  I seem to recall before that it stayed with the pictures in a post.  But now, when clicking the right arrow to view the next picture, instead of stopping when it gets to the last image of the post, it displays the first image of the next post.  This could be misleading for picture-heavy threads like WDYDIKSPT.

The what, now? 

4 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

The what, now? 

If you click on a picture in a post, it shadows the rest of the page, and brings up a picture viewer that lets you scroll through the pictures embedded in the post.

Oh, I see. It must be something to do with how the pics are hosted, because not all images here have that zoom function at all, and when I tried it, it would advance through all the images in the remainder of the page. 

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:25 PM, Delay said:

@Vanamonde Something else IT might want to look into?

This notification keeps "unreading" itself. I click on it and it stops being bold as expected, then I come back later and it's bold again, as is the case here:

BOFlm5a.png

Same 

I find it funny how this just became a tech support thread

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:57 PM, Noah the Smol said:

how do you make a 'show hidden content' box?

:)

the eye button next to the grid button

42 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Does the forum now notify you if someone posts a link to a thread you created?

Yep, but you can turn it off in the notification settings (click on the bell, theres a link to the settings in the upper right corner of the dropdown menu):

Spoiler

SIgkiGY.png

Is there a way for me to mark all notifications as read? I usually deal with them when necessary directly through my phone's mail app, but it's left as unread on the notification counter and it led to a snowball effect

Is it against the rules to recreate a thread that was closed by an OP but you want to continue to discuss? Admittedly I am referring to the now deceased SLS/Orion thread. I'd like to continue talking about it on a new thread. But I don't want to remake it if it's against the rules.

38 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Is it against the rules to recreate a thread that was closed by an OP but you want to continue to discuss? Admittedly I am referring to the now deceased SLS/Orion thread. I'd like to continue talking about it on a new thread. But I don't want to remake it if it's against the rules.

Thanks for asking. :) A thread closed by the OP's request doesn't forbid further discussion on the topic. Just no more in that thread. 

• 4 weeks later...