"Plan Kappa" - A KSP graphic novel (Jeb is back in Chapter 53! Well, kinda.)

Parkaboy

55 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

I recognize the first three stories Artie referenced but the last (picture of what appears to be a long-range nuke powered transport) was a new one for me.  Would anyone have that link handy & care to share?

If I'm not mistaken, that's Forgotten Space Program by @Cydonian Monk

What with all the excitement of hydrazine, reviving the monolith, the corruption of the S.A.V.E. etc, I think everyone has missed a very important detail here - namely: What in blue blazes is a cactus doing on a spaceship??

3 hours ago, Deddly said:

What with all the excitement of hydrazine, reviving the monolith, the corruption of the S.A.V.E. etc, I think everyone has missed a very important detail here - namely: What in blue blazes is a cactus doing on a spaceship??

The cactus was part of the decoration on Yardstick base, you can see it in the second panel below:
HOZbSjP.jpg

As for how it ended up in the spaceship later, ask the hydrazine. :wink:

18 minutes ago, Parkaboy said:

Aaaand the crossover is finally concluded here! Thanks for the journey, and a big thanks to @Kuzzter, who was a joy to collaborate with in this story. Next I'll be getting back to normal, easy, end-of-the-world Plan Kappa!

It's the end of the world... as we know it..
And I feel fine!!!!

:cool:

No wonder these Monoliths are so buggy! The run Winkows! 

In my world, I install Kinux on my monoliths.

I love Forgotten SP, it's my favorite of all the serieses? Seriem? Seribus?. But don't feel bad, it's an incredibly close match. 

Edited by waterlubber

3 minutes ago, SaturnianBlue said:

A mass conspiracy?! Oh boy... These corporations are starting to show their true colors... Also, does that mean that both Kerbfleet and Plan Kappa are going to be doomed? What about my universe? :P 

I think Kerbfleet is safe now that PK-Jeb has returned home. Probably. Maybe. I hope so.

That was fascinating.  Another layer of intrigue and obstacles for our intrepid Kerbonauts to wrangle.

I'm a bit curious, though.  If the CEO's didn't step up and buy the KSC shares who would?  It's the end of the world as they know it.  Do they feel fine?  Would the average kerbs still buy shares?

Thanks Parkaboy!

Happy landings!

where is a the representative of jeb's scrapyard at the cabal? is jeb the mastermind behind all of this? i need answers dammit (tin foil hat on)

Also i would not be surprised if jeb's loyalty will be questioned once the cabal goes out of the shadows. Also it would be a really nice twist if jeb with the help of someone **cough**monolith**cough** manages to hack  find the funds to buy the KSC and thus becoming the boss.

keep up the great work

8 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

That was fascinating.  Another layer of intrigue and obstacles for our intrepid Kerbonauts to wrangle.

I'm a bit curious, though.  If the CEO's didn't step up and buy the KSC shares who would?  It's the end of the world as they know it.  Do they feel fine?  Would the average kerbs still buy shares?

Thanks Parkaboy!

Happy landings!

You raise a good point, but not everybody on Kerbin believe the Space Program claims about the end of the world, and there are also some optimistic souls who think everything will work out in the end and that the destruction of Kerbin may be prevented. There may be people hoping to profit from all the ruckus (thinking it's all a hoax), and there may be people willing to buy the shares just to support kerbalkind's only hope of survival. Mort will probably adress this on the next chapter.

90 days. Oh boy. Poop has hit the fan.

Build as many habitat ships as you can build, send them to Lathe, and get as far away from Kerbin as you can before the inter dimensional singularity crushes Kerbin like a grape.......

....but Bob can save us, right? He's SMRT?

Given that the space program already has multiple autonomous extraplanetary facilities, it won't be that easy for other corporations to take over. Not completely. Somebody might end up buying semi-abandoned space center on doomed planet

But the Mun may be a big issue. Or they may end up blowing the Mun up.

Speaking of evacuation, I have an idea: what about accepting a bunch of tourists, but then maybe editing them into proper kerbanauts once you deliver them to bases on other planets? Turning tourist contracts into evacuation contracts (after the way you turned rescue contracts, this sounds completely legit)

19 minutes ago, Alchemist said:

Speaking of evacuation, I have an idea: what about accepting a bunch of tourists, but then maybe editing them into proper kerbanauts once you deliver them to bases on other planets? Turning tourist contracts into evacuation contracts (after the way you turned rescue contracts, this sounds completely legit)

I have one concern with this.  I'm thinking of something similar in my fan-fiction story, except mine (minor spoiler) would be a tourist that doesn't want to return home.  I'm wondering, and Parkaboy may have the same issue if he does what you propose, is what happens to a tourist if the contract expires before its completed?  In other words, if a tourist's contract is good for say, 5 years... but the tourist is still up in orbit when that 5 years is up, then what happens?  Normally when you return a tourist to the planet, they disappear from the personnel roster.....  but if the contract expires while they're still in space somewhere, is that tourist going to disappear from a ship or station, or would it glitch things up.... or does the tourist just hang around until they return to Kerbin.... if they ever do?

8 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

what happens to a tourist if the contract expires before its completed?  In other words, if a tourist's contract is good for say, 5 years... but the tourist is still up in orbit when that 5 years is up, then what happens? 

I've had couple cases of failing tourist contracts (by losing one or two of the bunch - I swear those were accidents). The ones still on your ships stay there - of course they will disappear the moment you recover them on Kerbin and without paying a coin after mission failure (no matter what the flight plan was and what of that you accomplished), but they don't die or evaporate or anything. It should even be possible to grab them, put them into a craft and then close the contract immediately (although that would ruin the reputation).

2 hours ago, kookoo_gr said:

where is a the representative of jeb's scrapyard at the cabal?

Jeb's Scrapyard is suspiciously absent, isn't it?

38 minutes ago, Alchemist said:

I actually was thinking of doing this a while ago, but I ended up deciding to do the recruiting the old-fashioned way, because I'd eventually need to transfer the "colonists" to their new homes, and that would be a bother. I'll just treat my 0-star kerbals as barely trained colonists, I guess...

10 minutes ago, Alchemist said:

I've had couple cases of failing tourist contracts (by losing one or two of the bunch - I swear those were accidents). The ones still on your ships stay there - of course they will disappear the moment you recover them on Kerbin and without paying a coin after mission failure (no matter what the flight plan was and what of that you accomplished), but they don't die or evaporate or anything. It should even be possible to grab them, put them into a craft and then close the contract immediately (although that would ruin the reputation).

I don't care about the rep hit, I can live with that.  In fact it would be worth it to get an "eternal" tourist.... so to speak.  I'll have to experiment with this a bit.

8 minutes ago, Parkaboy said:

Back on topic...
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........  that is interesting....  very interesting....... dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn   :D

Edited by Just Jim

28 minutes ago, Parkaboy said:

I assumed that the KSC was a future development of Jeb's Scrapyard (based on other fan-fiction stories that were posted in the past) and Jeb, Bob, and Bill pretty much started it all. I also recall (IIRC from another Fan-fiction story posted a while ago) that Bill was one of the lone survivors of a hideous incident involving a prototype space station that was launched from the Island (Insular Airfield) and after that the whole island was abandoned.

THAT may explain the absence of Jeb's Scrapyard: it had evolved to the KSC.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.