[1.2] Karibou Expedition Rover [0.3.0]

RoverDude

If you want better braking just reverse until you are at 0.0ms and brake.

..and if you're on slope you roll away as brakes do NOTHING now.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a KSP bug where, if you right click stuff, it kills braking torque. Consider adding in the stock bug fixes modulewheelfix bit.

stock and old karibou wheels do have working brakes. Is it still fix?

guess I'll better try and report back

It worked, changed wheel behavior dramatically. more grip...muuuch more grip, i can now flip over my crane frame rover on acceleration and brakes have max torque 500....just enough to stop 4 ton 8 wheeled rover.

Edited by ZAJC3W

I didn't find it listed (though we all know how well the search results work on here). The deployable emergency shelter does not seem to be providing any supplies when inflated. By the description I thought it would be similar to the DERP lifeboat, were inflating provides emergency supplies. Is there something apparent that I missed when installing, bug, or by design? I even changed over to USI-LS to ensure compatibility.

Edited by JeffreyCor

..and if you're on slope you roll away as brakes do NOTHING now.

- - - Updated - - -

stock and old karibou wheels do have working brakes. Is it still fix?

guess I'll better try and report back

It worked, changed wheel behavior dramatically. more grip...muuuch more grip, i can now flip over my crane frame rover on acceleration and brakes have max torque 500....just enough to stop 4 ton 8 wheeled rover.

As noted, stock bug (hence direction to that thread)

I didn't find it listed (though we all know how well the search results work on here). The deployable emergency shelter does not seem to be providing any supplies when inflated. By the description I thought it would be similar to the DERP lifeboat, were inflating provides emergency supplies. Is there something apparent that I missed when installing, bug, or by design? I even changed over to USI-LS to ensure compatibility.

That's in anticipation of USI-LS habitation requirements (no supplies, just hab space)

I do hope the wheels torque is signifigantly nerfed sometime. 4 of them with motors on can do a wheelie on a 200 ton craft. 2, and I have no grip

Pic of your rover, and consider disabling motors. Note that the Karibou is mostly geared for hauling fairly heavy loads. If torque is too much, just disable a motor set.

As noted, stock bug (hence direction to that thread)

That's in anticipation of USI-LS habitation requirements (no supplies, just hab space)

Pic of your rover, and consider disabling motors. Note that the Karibou is mostly geared for hauling fairly heavy loads. If torque is too much, just disable a motor set.

Yeah, I managed to make it work mostly, by disabling the rear motors, but having the front ones on with full grip strength.

I love this mod! The integration with OKS/MKS is great, the Mk2 parts fit pretty well.

Roverdude, have you considered making a karibou part for the MK3 parts? I thinking something like an extended flatbed with a centered node for a big kontainer or MK3 part?

I love this mod! The integration with OKS/MKS is great, the Mk2 parts fit pretty well.

Roverdude, have you considered making a karibou part for the MK3 parts? I thinking something like an extended flatbed with a centered node for a big kontainer or MK3 part?

Right now the FTT Honeybadger parts make a great Rover platform for the MK3 parts.

There's a KSP bug where, if you right click stuff, it kills braking torque. Consider adding in the stock bug fixes modulewheelfix bit.

After some time with suggested "fix" i have to say that somewhere something went terribly wrong. Or it is tuned for some specific wheel pack.

Rovers tend to flip, takeoff, or explodify under forces caused by accelerating wheels.All wheels even stock ones have too much grip and torque.

As per karibou wheels changing brake speed to 10 cured new wheels, value copied from legacy wheels, all wheels are working and braking absolutely fine with stock wheel module for me.

Can you tell me which line is responsible for lateral grip(side slide). I find them a bit too much sliding for a tanker?

steeringCurve
{
key = 0 16 0 -0.89
key = 10 9
key = 30 2 -0.12 0
}

torqueCurve
{
key = 0 400 0 90
key = 1 450 25 0
key = 5 435 -10 -21
key = 32 64 -6 -6
key = 34 0 -92 0
}

Hey, dude. Here's a couple of weird interactions I encountered. Trying to fit the 1.25m radial parts like the observation cupola and airlock from the Stockalike Station Parts mod onto the Karibou Adapter Plate slice will cause the entire vehicle to spaz out. Fitting stock parts or pieces from Heat Control, curiously, appears to be fine.

8350E30CCBB1EA4F4A2DC64A229377DF081F05BD

And now I can't launch my test craft at all. Screen goes black, Kerbin disappears, and I can't do anything. Not even loading works; have to restart the game. So I can't troubleshoot further, unfortunately.

Edit: because I deleted the karibou Spaces folder. Good jaaaaab. Let me know if you'd like me to test anything else in this area.

Edit2: Appears to be an issue with the colliders for the two parts not playing nice. Node-attaching the airlocks onto stock radial plates appears to be fine as long as the airlock's model doesn't clip into the rover's body. As soon as it does, mucho weirdness.

Edited by Bomoo

.....son of a....

Haha' date=' but for real sort of glad I didn't put that together in my head because the lab windows make it look so cool! Also the Chaka antenna, really need to have the Chaka antenna[/quote']

That's the Lack Luster Labs (by Lack) Antenna which is licensed to Chaka.

Also, included in the license document is a statement from Chaka himself that it is his favorite part in all of KSP. :P

Hey, dude. Here's a couple of weird interactions I encountered. Trying to fit the 1.25m radial parts like the observation cupola and airlock from the Stockalike Station Parts mod onto the Karibou Adapter Plate slice will cause the entire vehicle to spaz out. Fitting stock parts or pieces from Heat Control, curiously, appears to be fine.

And now I can't launch my test craft at all. Screen goes black, Kerbin disappears, and I can't do anything. Not even loading works; have to restart the game. So I can't troubleshoot further, unfortunately.

Edit: because I deleted the karibou Spaces folder. Good jaaaaab. Let me know if you'd like me to test anything else in this area.

Edit2: Appears to be an issue with the colliders for the two parts not playing nice. Node-attaching the airlocks onto stock radial plates appears to be fine as long as the airlock's model doesn't clip into the rover's body. As soon as it does, mucho weirdness.

Most of RoverDude parts don't allow clipping by design. However, its easy to change this in .cfg:

Change:

attachRules = x,x,x,x,0

to

attachRules = x,x,x,x,1

Love this mod - any chance of getting the wheel attach points set up so we can use symmetry to attach wheels? (yes, I'm that lazy...) :)

Thanks!

Danny

Best bet is to create an issue on the karibou github and then cross your fingers.

Most of RoverDude parts don't allow clipping by design. However, its easy to change this in .cfg:

Change:

attachRules = x,x,x,x,0

to

attachRules = x,x,x,x,1

Ah, thanks. I'll try that.