[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Still WIP. Deferred makes this look a lot better than without too. The PBR textures will be configured via a new shabby based solution rather than Textures Unlimited. More details to follow soon.

BGbQohz.png

AbfObKa.png

hkGrccM.png

tmG2GB5.jpeg

Z7tAQNl.png

23Y1TkW.jpeg

04edvLc.png

55 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Still WIP. Deferred makes this look a lot better than without too. The PBR textures will be configured via a new shabby based solution rather than Textures Unlimited. More details to follow soon.

BGbQohz.png

AbfObKa.png

hkGrccM.png

tmG2GB5.jpeg

Z7tAQNl.png

23Y1TkW.jpeg

04edvLc.png

Very nice. Almost photo-realistic!

For those that use Parallax, do you have colliders on or off? Having them off seems a bit weird when you are walking/driving/landing through rocks. Having them on would make for some sporty LM & Surveyor landings. I just upgraded my KSP environmental visual setup and was wondering.

Hey y'all back here again because my Google-fu is failing me.

I'm trying out a Juno IV replica to see how viable it is in RP-1 and am having a hard time finding any real sources on it. Everything I search for gives me information on the mission to Jupiter, or rockets from a certain other sandbox rocket building game...

Do y'all have any sources you could point me to? I've read that they would have used different propellant loadings for different types of missions, but haven't seen any sort of numbers associated with that. And is the quoted TLI mass supposed to be doable by the liquid stages alone, or does that include the Baby Sergeant stages that Friznit has in the build guide, which I haven't seen referenced in any of the sources I have found. I'm not sure how much of this is based on actual design studies or speculation.

1 hour ago, Razgriz1 said:

I'm trying out a Juno IV replica to see how viable it is in RP-1 and am having a hard time finding any real sources on it. Everything I search for gives me information on the mission to Jupiter, or rockets from a certain other sandbox rocket building game...

Do y'all have any sources you could point me to? I've read that they would have used different propellant loadings for different types of missions, but haven't seen any sort of numbers associated with that. And is the quoted TLI mass supposed to be doable by the liquid stages alone, or does that include the Baby Sergeant stages that Friznit has in the build guide, which I haven't seen referenced in any of the sources I have found. I'm not sure how much of this is based on actual design studies or speculation.

Try this: https://web.archive.org/web/20220406013827/http://www.spacelaunchreport.com/jupiter7.html

It is an archived site, so it isn’t being updated anymore. However, the author Ed Kyle still regularly participates in the NASASpaceflight.com forums. You could post there and you may get an answer. 

16 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

Titan IV with LRBs - One of the considered alternatives to SRMU development

X9DUAQn.png

Each booster is powered by 5 LR-87's, meaning the full stack has 15 engines in total, 12 being LR-87s

ZJtanCc.png

I love this engine section so much!

rcvw6Af.png

REAMO7b.png

I really love this idea! I've been attempting to download Tweakscale specifically to recreate this, but I've found that multiple Tweakscale mods are available. Which one did you use to create the Titan LRBs? Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, BorfoandShnogs said:

I really love this idea! I've been attempting to download Tweakscale specifically to recreate this, but I've found that multiple Tweakscale mods are available. Which one did you use to create the Titan LRBs? Thanks in advance!

Only use rescaled.

1 hour ago, BorfoandShnogs said:

21 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

Titan IV with LRBs - One of the considered alternatives to SRMU development

(images snipped)

I was fully prepared to see 2 Titan first stages strapped to the center core à la Delta IV Heavy or Falcon Heavy.

I was not expecting "new-build" boosters with LR-87s each.

14 hours ago, Razgriz1 said:

Here is the doc I used. You're right that there's mention of flying with different fuel loads for different missions, but frankly I never understood that. I believe there is also some mention of just assuming the thrust of the first stage engine could be doubled. Both are patterns I've seen from the stuff coming out of Redstone/Marshall in that era.

As for the Baby Sergeants, yeah those shouldn't be there. Just Friznit being Friznit :)

10 hours ago, BorfoandShnogs said:

You don't even need Tweakscale, those LRBs are just the Atlas V tankage in white livery. :)

5 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Nothing out of the ordinary here. Nope. No siree. Nothing. Zip. Nadda. 

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

rMh4NAS.png

No no no!  Where is the Sus!?

Delta IV SUS = Delta K tank with Delta KX engine :D (it is close enough given how little data we have on SUS)

SUS = Delta IV Light/Lite  = Storable Upper Stage.   And yes, the Atlas SUS and the Delta SUS are not related even thought they have the same root name.

Ok joking and minor historical points asside, what did you use for your SRMs?

Edited by Pappystein

8 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

No no no!  Where is the Sus!?

Delta IV SUS = Delta K tank with Delta KX engine :D (it is close enough given how little data we have on SUS)

SUS = Delta IV Light/Lite  = Storable Upper Stage.   And yes, the Atlas SUS and the Delta SUS are not related even thought they have the same root name.

Ok joking and minor historical points asside, what did you use for your SRMs?

I used the H-IIA 2024 SRBs and layout. 

In place of the SRB-A I used Castor 120XL and the Castor 4A-XL for the... Castor 4A-XL

Edited by GoldForest

I'm having a very dumb problem and i don't know what log files to look at to troubleshoot it.

interactive IVAs are only working in the mercury capsule, but not the gemini or apollo capsules. Sorry to ask for help with such a basic thing as diagnostics. It's probably something like i forgot a mod.

46 minutes ago, Kellanium said:

I'm having a very dumb problem and i don't know what log files to look at to troubleshoot it.

interactive IVAs are only working in the mercury capsule, but not the gemini or apollo capsules. Sorry to ask for help with such a basic thing as diagnostics. It's probably something like i forgot a mod.

Copy/Grab your:
KSP.log (Found in the main directory next to the .exe file.)
ModuleManager.log (Found in the Logs folder)
ModuleManager.configcache (Found in your gamedata)

Zip/Rar them together

Then upload them to a file sharing site like Github or Dropbox or GoogleDrive.

Then post a link to the download here so we can take a look. 

Edited by GoldForest

11 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Copy/Grab your:
KSP.log (Found in the main directory next to the .exe file.)
ModuleManager.log (Found in the Logs folder)
ModuleManager.configcache (Found in your gamedata)

Zip/Rar them together

Then upload them to a file sharing site like Github or Dropbox or GoogleDrive.

Then post a link to the download here so we can take a look. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BIThkU8B_-gY5iBc2ABCHWdQiJqVTgJu/view?usp=sharing

thank you for your patience and help. its been a hot minute since i used IVAs so i might be missing something very obvious and if so i apologize.

18 minutes ago, Kellanium said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BIThkU8B_-gY5iBc2ABCHWdQiJqVTgJu/view?usp=sharing

thank you for your patience and help. its been a hot minute since i used IVAs so i might be missing something very obvious and if so i apologize.

Looks like you have all the mods dependencies. 

Tons of FreeIVA nullrefs, which may be the problem, I don't know. You have the latest version, so not sure how to fix that. 

I don't see anything that stands out to me. Of course, I'm not an experienced bug hunter either.

@Rodger might be able to help you. 

Oh, are you selecting an interactable IVA for Gemini and Apollo? Both come with multiple IVAs. 

11 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Looks like you have all the mods dependencies. 

Tons of FreeIVA nullrefs, which may be the problem, I don't know. You have the latest version, so not sure how to fix that. 

I don't see anything that stands out to me. Of course, I'm not an experienced bug hunter either.

@Rodger might be able to help you. 

Oh, are you selecting an interactable IVA for Gemini and Apollo? Both come with multiple IVAs. 

I am. If i select 'stock', 'bdb,' or 'bdb alternate' for the gemini in the VAB it will load those, but if i switch with reviva to any of the others (RPM, DE+MAS, etc) the little kerbal portraits disappear and don't return even if i switch back to one that works, and i cannot enter the cockpit. With both the Apollo and the Apollo Block III the only thing that works is "stock." It's weird. I've uninstalled + reinstalled every mod i can think of that might be related.

It's not a gamebreaker but it is disappointing.

39 minutes ago, Kellanium said:

I am. If i select 'stock', 'bdb,' or 'bdb alternate' for the gemini in the VAB it will load those, but if i switch with reviva to any of the others (RPM, DE+MAS, etc) the little kerbal portraits disappear and don't return even if i switch back to one that works, and i cannot enter the cockpit. With both the Apollo and the Apollo Block III the only thing that works is "stock." It's weird. I've uninstalled + reinstalled every mod i can think of that might be related.

It's not a gamebreaker but it is disappointing.

Might need to ask in the reviva thread, we don't provide the interactive ivas (or even regular ones in many cases lol)

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

What if Saturn I had been delayed and NASA still wanted to test Apollo in orbit? Well, the only logical choice would be Titan 3D.

6iK5rqZ.png

szavqg7.png

PYr4tFA.png

I6vi9YX.png

izuRD9u.png

bl8I0X8.png

I love doing stuff like this. I present to you: Mercury-Titan

b60f327d75c619ab267260eda9b834d3db7e68b4998c6e17fd4588363dddd248cc226a61266d3fb97c1406ed9a1cdccba6aef61e3c4ca3f6e726e524EDIT: don't know why they posted out of order. oh well.

Edited by Kellanium

47 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

I have unlengthened the lengthy boy. He is now a wide boy. 

In other words, abandon length, embrace width. 

Or if you prefer another meme... You know what, forget you, unextends your Extra Extended Long Thor Delta. 

mdsK0NG.png

Q04Ml1i.png

RzDZn8g.png

EpDozqR.png

0qtiLUW.png

8TLn9yc.png

SdU2LHC.png

i think if you really try you can stick a few more boosters on there! :P