[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

12 hours ago, GoldForest said:

SdU2LHC.png

SUS,   Total SUS :D

Congratulations with the Delta IV EELV SUS stage! :D

13 hours ago, Kellanium said:

I love doing stuff like this. I present to you: Mercury-Titan

I happen to love seeing Historical and Ab Historical launchers so...

*pulls popcorn from the machine*

Nom nom :D 

RE posting out of order,  If you have Grammarly installed on many browsers, KSPforums + imgur imbeds + Grammerly and probably + the security settings I run, cause all sorts of problems.  To the point I shut Grammarly off when posting on this forum.

Been working on a generic patch for Hypergolic and Fluorine fuels.  These are still WIP but they work as-is and will not interfere with any other BDB patches.

Hypergolic:

Spoiler
//BDB_HypergolicGeneric
// Tag parts :NEEDS[!SkyhawkScienceSystem]:First so it carries over to +PART copies
// Applies the Hypergolic tank switch to non BDB parts.
// NOTE THIS PATCH IS NOT COMPATABLE WITH THE SKYHAWK SYSTEM
//Config by OHN

//Generic B9 tank patch
@PART:HAS[!MODEL:HAS[#model[Bluedog_DB/*]],@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]HAS[#moduleID[fuelSwitch]]]:FOR[zzzSkyhawkScienceSystem]:First
{
	@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[fuelSwitch]]
	{
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Hypergolic
			tankType = bdbAZ50NTO
			title = Hypergolic
			primaryColor = #fee1b8
			secondaryColor = #d9582b
			//addedMass is used to ensure correct dry mass of tanks
			addedMass = #$../../mass$
			@addedMass *= -1.775
		}
	}
}

//NFE Multipurpose Tanks
@PART[nfex-fueltank*]:AFTER[NearFutureExploration]:NEEDS[NearFutureExploration]:NEEDS[!SkyhawkScienceSystem]:First
{
	@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[surfaceSwitch]]
	{
		+SUBTYPE[Gold]
		{
			@name = hypergolicGold
			@title = Az50/NTO (Gold)
			@descriptionSummary = Aerozine50/Nitrogen Tetroxide
			@descriptionDetail = Aerozine50 and Nitrogen Tetroxide blend
			@tankType = bdbAZ50NTO
			@primaryColor = #fee1b8
			@secondaryColor = #d9582b
			@addedMass *= 1.775
		}
		+SUBTYPE[Silver]
		{
			@name = hypergolicSilver
			@title = Az50/NTO (Silver)
			@tankType = bdbAZ50NTO
			@primaryColor = #fee1b8
			@addedMass *= 1.775		
		}
  		+SUBTYPE[Metal]
   		{
			@name = hypergolicMetal
			@title = Az50/NTO (Metal)
			@tankType = bdbAZ50NTO
			@primaryColor = #fee1b8
			@addedMass *= 1.775
		}
	}
}

//NFC Truss Tanks
@PART[truss*]:AFTER[NearFutureExploration]:NEEDS[NearFutureConstruction]:NEEDS[!SkyhawkScienceSystem]:First
{
	@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[meshSwitch]]
	{
		+SUBTYPE[LFO]
		{
			@name = Hypergolic
			@title = Az50/NTO
			@descriptionDetail = Integrated tanks with Aerozine50 and Nitrogen Tetroxide storage
			@tankType = bdbAZ50NTO
			@primaryColor = #fee1b8
			@addedMass *= 1.775
		}
	}
}

//Remove LH2 specific tanks
//@PART:HAS[@MODEL:HAS[#name[Hydrogen*,LH2*,hydrogen*]]]:NEEDS[!SkyhawkScienceSystem]:First
//{
	//@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]
	//{
		//-SUBTYPE[Hypergolic]
		//{

//}
	//}
//}

Fluorine:

Spoiler
//BDB_FluorineGeneric
// Tag parts :NEEDS[!SkyhawkScienceSystem]:First so it carries over to +PART copies
// Applies the Fluorine tank switch to non BDB parts.
// NOTE THIS PATCH IS NOT COMPATABLE WITH THE SKYHAWK SYSTEM
//Config by OHN

//Generic B9 tank patch
@PART:HAS[!MODEL:HAS[#model[Bluedog_DB/*]],@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]HAS[#moduleID[fuelSwitch]]]:FOR[zzzSkyhawkScienceSystem]:First
{
	@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[fuelSwitch]]
	{
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Fluorine
			tankType = bdbFluorine
			title = Fluorine
			primaryColor = #eeffcc
			secondaryColor = #bada55
			//Mass offset is used to ensure correct dry mass of tanks
			@addedMass *= -1.5
		}
	}
}

//NFE Multipurpose Tanks
@PART[nfex-fueltank*]:AFTER[NearFutureExploration]:NEEDS[NearFutureExploration]:NEEDS[!SkyhawkScienceSystem]:First
{
	@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[surfaceSwitch]]
	{
		+SUBTYPE[Metal]
		{
			@name = fluorineMetal
			@title = N2H4/F2
			@descriptionSummary = Hydrazine/Liquid Fluorine
			@descriptionDetail = Hydrazine and Liquid Fluorine blend
			@tankType = bdbFluorine
			@primaryColor = #eeffcc
			@secondaryColor = #bada55
			@addedMass *= 1.65
		}
  	}
}

@PART[truss*]:AFTER[NearFutureExploration]:NEEDS[NearFutureConstruction]:NEEDS[!SkyhawkScienceSystem]:First
{
	@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[meshSwitch]]
	{
		//+SUBTYPE[LH2OCryo]
		+SUBTYPE[LFO]
		{
			@name = Fluorine
			@title = N2H4/F2
			@descriptionSummary = Hydrazine/Liquid Fluorine
			@descriptionDetail = Integrated tanks with Hydrazine and Liquid Fluorine storage
			@tankType = bdbFluorine
			@primaryColor = #eeffcc
			@secondaryColor = #bada55
			@addedMass *= 1.65
		}
	}
}

//Remove LH2 specific tanks
//@PART:HAS[@MODEL:HAS[#name[Hydrogen*,LH2*,hydrogen*]]]:NEEDS[!SkyhawkScienceSystem]:First
//{
	//@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]
	//{
		//-SUBTYPE[Fluorine]
		//{

//}
	//}
//}

I'm currently working on a variety of generic engine patches, but they need to be added in individually. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to DM me, I don't do this kind of coding often.

Edited by OHN

10 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

Playing with deferred PBR on some other partsets. Highly WIP, but some neat results!

103u4Kb.png

YgLkQff.png

JDXeHf5.png

5vD2jOt.png

aV2jhE4.png

These pictures look like they could be used on the box for a plastic model kit (especially the second and fourth one). Good stuff:cool:.

Been playing RO/RP-1 for a bit now, and man do I miss the visual & model quality from this mod. 1957-1959 Atlas parts in that does NOT hold up to the new atlas parts and visual work you guys have done in the base mod. Incredible work!

1 hour ago, BLUAV8R said:

Been playing RO/RP-1 for a bit now, and man do I miss the visual & model quality from this mod. 1957-1959 Atlas parts in that does NOT hold up to the new atlas parts and visual work you guys have done in the base mod. Incredible work!

as I understand it a lot of the parts covered by BDB are NOT in RO because they doggedly stick to Frizznit's FASA mod... which, 10 years ago, was a great mod, but by the time we get to the 2nd generation of BDB model and textures it has been left in the dust.

I do not think FASA hast had any major artwork updates since then Frizznit handed off "ownership" of the mod to RaiderNick and granted CobaltWolf the right to reuse the launch clamps.

PS There is one part set in FASA that I wish was in BDB...   The Fixed wing Soaring Gemini capsule.   It is Ugly,  It is Cludgly and it does not do what most people think it is supposed to do.    Since the wing is to separate after the Capsule is over a body of water and the capsule still splashes down under parachute.   The Fixed wing is to allow " out of sequence" aborts when in orbit.   IE Damn we sprung an O2 leak and we have 25 minutes of Oxygen left.   You use the glide wing to enhance "cross range maneuverability" (the ability to choose your point of landing)  And then once over that new landing point,  Pop the wing/Nosecone to reveal the same parachute that Gemini flew with...   Pop that to land   If you are lucky the parachute attached to the Nosecone will land it close enough to your capsule that it can be recovered as well.... before it sinks into the Ocean.

3 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Single large stretched Atlas V 1st stage upper tank

I mean I was joking, I kinda thought it was all Atlas Tankage with alt engines.   I had to respond to your poke after all :D

Got a weird bug, i think. The ASTP VHF Dopler experiment is functioning as a gravitimeter and the AES LM Materials lab is acting like a cosmic ray detector.

Tried deleting/reinstalling BDB...still doing it.

1 hour ago, Kellanium said:

Got a weird bug, i think. The ASTP VHF Dopler experiment is functioning as a gravitimeter and the AES LM Materials lab is acting like a cosmic ray detector.

Ermm, I think the former is intentional.

18 hours ago, Kellanium said:

Yeah the first is intentional (see the part description), and the LM materials lab experiment was fixed in dev branch a little while ago, and will be in next update (or available now if you brave the dev branch download).

@Pappystein, @Rodger, has the Upper Stage Thrust Buff patch been updated for the new Titan configs, or is it operational as is? Does it work with the Hypergolics patch or is that overkill (if there is such a thing in KSP :lol:)?

Edited by DaveyJ576

1 hour ago, DaveyJ576 said:

@Pappystein, @Rodger, has the Upper Stage Thrust Buff patch been updated for the new Titan configs, or is it operational as is? Does it work with the Hypergolics patch or is that overkill (if there is such a thing in KSP :lol:)?

I have never interacted with the Upper stage patch.  so nothing I have done impacts that

4 hours ago, Rodger said:

Yeah the first is intentional (see the part description), and the LM materials lab experiment was fixed in dev branch a little while ago, and will be in next update (or available now if you brave the dev branch download).

ope. i'm dum re: the doppler (i assumed it was radar ranging.)

I'd brave the dev branch but i don't know how to download it lol.

1 hour ago, Kellanium said:

ope. i'm dum re: the doppler (i assumed it was radar ranging.)

I'd brave the dev branch but i don't know how to download it lol.

Before opening the spoiler below, make certain you understand, you break it, you bought it.   I have been using dev builds for years and I still break a download atleast once every month or two!

If you still want to know:

Spoiler

In the OP, click the Github link

Click CODE on the left side of the screen

Big green button that says master... click  A dropdown appears

Grey button directly below the BDB logo that says master, Click,   Selection menu appears  Choose 1.14 Development

Green button to the right of that that says Code again

Choose to download ZIP.  

Install it (make certain correct files go to correct places.   Some files you need in place 1 and others need to be in place 2 or 3 to work!)

13 minutes ago, slyfox023 said:

for some reason the LEM rover won't unfold when I tried to deploy it, does anyone know why? 

Do you have BG installed? And do you have it unlocked? Do you have autostrut disabled?

So Cautionary suggestion until we get more data

Avalanche Sold Rocket effects just released an update.  It appears to be compatible with the Dev builds of BDB.  This might not be compatible with the RELEASED builds of BDB.   If you are on the Release build of BDB (or you acquired BDB via CKAN) I suggest NOT updating Avalanche until we get verification from that mod.

I have already posted this as a question in their forum

31 minutes ago, slyfox023 said:

what's BG? and I do have autostrut on, does that effect it?

BG is the Breaking Ground DLC, which adds robotics and is required for the deployment hinge and slider

1 hour ago, slyfox023 said:

what's BG? and I do have autostrut on, does that effect it?

Yes, autostruts lock up robotic parts. Setting them to grandparent should unlock them. If it doesn't, disable autostrusts entirely.