[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Nose cone switch for GEM63 and GEM63XL so you can get both versions on each. The decoupler also now has a length switch to better match the XL. This is probably better suited to generic use on other rockets as the decoupler will not match the points on the Atlas V. If you really wanted to use the XL on Atlas V, its better to use the short version of the decoupler even if the top sits a little below the nose cone and the corresponding mounting hardware on the SRB. Visually at least the GEM 63 with the conical nose should be a very good match for the CELV's Castor.

Also, the AJ60 and regular GEM63 now have their nozzles canted outwards 3 degrees. Due to an oversight only the XL nozzle had this previously. This has been corrected in a commit yesterday.

1UiYqm7.png

Edited by Zorg

Have a half-issue at the moment, parts are not showing up when searched for. I do have Community Part titles: CCK-No duplicates and Community Category kit installed. Parts appear when found in their relevant part sub-folder in the menu, but as soon as you search for them, Poof. 
Is this a BDB issue or should i go pester CCK?
ksp.log here if you want it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eGhpQK-4OtRs2HkHMc8bx9GLEbL95BMQ/view?usp=sharing

16 minutes ago, Aussie Toad Stool said:

Have a half-issue at the moment, parts are not showing up when searched for. I do have Community Part titles: CCK-No duplicates and Community Category kit installed. Parts appear when found in their relevant part sub-folder in the menu, but as soon as you search for them, Poof. 
Is this a BDB issue or should i go pester CCK?
ksp.log here if you want it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eGhpQK-4OtRs2HkHMc8bx9GLEbL95BMQ/view?usp=sharing

Seems like it's a known issue with CCK-No duplicates:

// ==============================================================
// search panel bug:
// KSP do not parse any parts with the category = none,
// so this patch will disable searching within CCK categories.
//
// if the search is important for you,
// you could delete this file (or uninstall Community Parts Titles Extras: CCK - No Duplicates from CKAN)
// ===============================================================

Basically the CCK-No duplicates patch is hiding the parts as far as the search is concerned.

8 minutes ago, Rodger said:

Seems like it's a known issue with CCK-No duplicates:

Basically the CCK-No duplicates patch is hiding the parts as far as the search is concerned.

Thanks for that, ill remove that patch next time. currently got it around temporally by uninstall the bdb add-on for cck.

On 6/17/2024 at 5:48 AM, Zorg said:

The RD180 derived 2.5m mount is up on github now. Available in 1x, 2x and 4x flavours. And each is available with and without the Atlas V lox pipe connection.

r95mwtM.png

qkCTZ4Y.png

Uqv9xwE.png

cKKEHkc.png

1A6QABL.png

Had a thought, what about an engine mount like this but for the Atlas III variant of the RD-180? Cool hollow mount like this that lets us connect stuff to the fuel line cleanly.

2 hours ago, Taco Salad said:

Had a thought, what about an engine mount like this but for the Atlas III variant of the RD-180? Cool hollow mount like this that lets us connect stuff to the fuel line cleanly.

Thats planned but not done yet.

12 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Am I crazy... or is the upper tank for the Atlas A-thru III missing? 

What? Which upper tank? The cylindrical extension tank? Atlas A and the other ICBMS and direct derivatives dont use a cylindrical extension, just the conical adapter. The rest use variants of the Bossart-BT3-1200 Balloon Fuel Tank

Edited by Zorg

7 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Thats planned but not done yet.

What? Which upper tank? The cylindrical extension tank? Atlas A and the other ICBMS and direct derivatives dont use a cylindrical extension, just the conical adapter. The rest use variants of the Bossart-BT3-1200 Balloon Fuel Tank

I was talking about the Extension tank, but please disregard. I found it. I was just blind...  and crazy.  I thought the extension tank was just a generic tank and not the extension one. 

My apologizes. 

19 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Uploaded the new inline LR101. With that I believe all the old Atlas parts have been revamped.

Looks like the Agena Atlas parts, specifically the SLV-3B fairing and interstage didn't get done, unless I just never noticed the update. 

13 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Looks like the Agena Atlas parts, specifically the SLV-3B fairing and interstage didn't get done, unless I just never noticed the update. 

I don't think they need to be, they are pretty new assets done for the Agena update.

Edited by Zorg

47 minutes ago, Zorg said:

I don't think they need to be, they are pretty new assets done for the Agena update.

Does the SLV-3B fairing look right with the new Atlas? I imagine it probably does given how it is a newer part, but I've not played with the new Atlas parts yet so I've not taken a look at it for the sake of comparison.

5 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

Does the SLV-3B fairing look right with the new Atlas? I imagine it probably does given how it is a newer part, but I've not played with the new Atlas parts yet so I've not taken a look at it for the sake of comparison.

The fairing and base were made to the correct dimensions and the Agena adapter by Cobalt (which forms the base for the base if you will) should also be correct. Everything below can be built accurately too now so Im not concerned about the overall dimensions.

21 hours ago, L27 said:

And I should add, I think this is only the case for the smallest diameter version, the others I would assume to be static

I forgot exactly what types there were, to clarify i mean the 0.625 and 0.9375 meter adapters.

15 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Generic mount based on RD180 Atlas III shroud is now available. Has 1x and 2x nodes both with and without pipe.

No 4x this time? Or still working on that one?

48 minutes ago, Gupyzer0 said:

Guys will you release or perhaps have a list with all the deprecated parts until now for the next update?

Next release will remove parts that have previously been "soft" depreciated, meaning parts that were already hidden from normal use, but still existed. Any new depreciations will be "soft" too, so won't break any craft. The main ones being soft depreciated this round are old atlas/atlasV parts, the old BigG cylindrical SM (replaced by two separate parts), Agena Resupply Container, old Gemini parts (ResupplyCapsule (already replaced with new part), RotationRCS/TranslationRCS, SmallShortAdapter), and some old antennas (mariner4Antenna, scimatarAntenna, solarAntenna)

And this should be all of the "hard" depreciated parts though (all of which should have already been hidden for some time already): https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/tree/depreciation/Depreciated in 1.14

2 hours ago, Rodger said:

Next release will remove parts that have previously been "soft" depreciated, meaning parts that were already hidden from normal use, but still existed. Any new depreciations will be "soft" too, so won't break any craft. The main ones being soft depreciated this round are old atlas/atlasV parts, the old BigG cylindrical SM (replaced by two separate parts), Agena Resupply Container, old Gemini parts (ResupplyCapsule (already replaced with new part), RotationRCS/TranslationRCS, SmallShortAdapter), and some old antennas (mariner4Antenna, scimatarAntenna, solarAntenna)

And this should be all of the "hard" depreciated parts though (all of which should have already been hidden for some time already): https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/tree/depreciation/Depreciated in 1.14

Thank you very much for the quick response rodger! this will help to clean my tech tree file a bit!

7 hours ago, Zorg said:

Uploaded the new inline LR101. With that I believe all the old Atlas parts have been revamped.

ewGCdG1.png

** Makes happy sounding rocket noises **

2 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

@Zorg are the revamped Atlas parts going to need any rebalancing or is it ok if I remake my craft files now?

I really don’t want to have to do it twice.

We havent done a balance pass. My gut feeling is that fuel loads probably wont change but no promises.

17 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Inb4 Pappy jumps in with "I HAVE A DOCUMENT FOR THAT ENGINE!" in relation to the RS-83/84.

Wait!  Do you have documentation for the RS-83/RS-84?   Please share with the class, the only F-1 scale engines I have documentation on are the Pintle TR-106/TR-107, which I would love to see made BDB quality (because they would be a drop in F-1 replacement and smaller)

PS my TR-106/TR-107 documentation is SCANT!

11 hours ago, Zorg said:

v2NO8x1.png

ewGCdG1.png

Nt5rzse.png

Technically that was a Saturn part, but It was grouped with Atlas.   :D

It was made for Roll control on the Saturn 1C rocket from ETS.

Also Thor-Delta also uses LR101 but that is its own mount with a sheild :D

Thank you for all the work you have done on these parts Zorg!   I didn't think they needed much but they are so improved I am very happy with them!

Edited by Pappystein

On 6/19/2024 at 1:09 PM, L27 said:

I saw already thought it was odd that it was static, but I just kinda assumed it was meant to be. It made a bigger launch vehicle necessary. I saw in another mod (FASA, probably) it retracting, and it suddenly clicked that that was probably intended. This article certainly makes it sound like it should be, as if it goes on the bottom a more compact design is obvious, and since it was meant to be a rear docking port and not a storage area it's reasonable that it would be compacted on launch.

I did a bunch of research on Big G for my article a couple years ago (titled Twins no More, it is on the github link below if you want to download it.)   Much of my source material was thanks to Dewayne Day the author of the article you linked.   As I recall, there was never a decision to go with a retractable or fixed Docking Port.  Both were discussed.    

The old FASA mod by Friznit did do a retractable one and as I remember he had nothing but problems with it for the longest time.   It was made long before B9Part switch was a thing after all, and even predated almost all other inflatables in KSP.

The Drawaings Cobalt was using (As I remember from one of his dev/modeling streams) was of the fixed docking port.)   So BOTH are correct as far as I am concerned.

Edited by Pappystein

3 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Wait!  Do you have documentation for the RS-83/RS-84?   Please share with the class, the only F-1 scale engines I have documentation on are the Pintle TR-106/TR-107, which I would love to see made BDB quality (because they would be a drop in F-1 replacement and smaller)

PS my TR-106/TR-107 documentation is SCANT!

Technically that was a Saturn part, but It was grouped with Atlas.   :D

It was made for Roll control on the Saturn 1C rocket from ETS.

Also Thor-Delta also uses LR101 but that is its own mount with a sheild :D

Thank you for all the work you have done on these parts Zorg!   I didn't think they needed much but they are so improved I am very happy with them!

Nope. I was assuming you had documents for the RS-83/84. I'm surprised you don't, since the 83 was due to start prototyping phase before cancelation, which means there should at least be technical resaerch documents right? 

I don't have any documents, but Google does pull this up: https://ntrs.nasa.gov/citations/20020085363

Which is barely anything really. Doesn't even have a schematic which is really all we would need for the BDB team.