[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

30 minutes ago, shujijiang said:

大家好,我有一个问题。我加载了游戏,但卡在一个无限的黑色加载屏幕上,上面有旋转的行星。

https://imgur.com/a/vbbpgPi

Hi everyone I have a problem. I loaded the game but it got stuck on an infinite black loading screen with spinning planets on it.

Please provide an English translation when posting outside the international section. Google translate will do good. 

To answer your problem, we can't figure anything out unless you give us your log files. Your problem might not be related to BDB. 

Apollo Direct, North American 1961 version. 

Uses the Apollo Blk V SM as the ascent stage well as the S-IVA as the lander/descent stage. 

Yeah, didn't go so well. Was landing on an incline and tried to take off to head to flatter land... got space disorientation and well... 

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

X9107fB.png

ju02IJf.png

ygD8yJK.png

oxEt64c.png

JbI7dQL.png

kirQUj7.png

b0BUzD0.png

Edited by GoldForest

3 hours ago, LoadingTimeExpert said:

Trying to do munar missions with the early pioneers. Only having solid kick stages is rough

My typical approach with solid kick stages starts by ingoring the position of the Moon (since I play KSRSS or RP-1) entirely. I then do some test flights to produce a launch trajectory that is both consistently repeatable and crosses the orbital path of the Moon. Finally, I figure out the correct time to launch so that this trajectory will cross the Moon's trajectory at the right time for the Moon to be there.

14 hours ago, GoldForest said:

@Rodger I just noticed this, but the top half of the S-IVA (S-IV-2200) doesn't have any fuel switching. 

Fixed, the integrated sep motor was preventing the fuel switch patch getting applied.

14 hours ago, shujijiang said:

大家好,我有一个问题。我加载了游戏,但卡在一个无限的黑色加载屏幕上,上面有旋转的行星。

https://imgur.com/a/vbbpgPi

Make sure Kopernicus is up to date, and make sure your planet packs, or parallax, are installed correctly.

6 hours ago, hugoraider said:

Can you guys update less often? I have trouble catching up :D.

No, seriously, it's amazing to see this great mod still being updated and maintained on such a regular basis :cool:.

haha, honest advice for wanting to play with dev branch is use GitHub Desktop (or similar git client) and clone the repo on your PC, so you can update your copy easily anytime there's small updates, without having to redownload the whole thing. You can even symlink the Bluedog_DB folder from the Github location to GameData and not even have to copy it over manually when it updates. (I recommend using Link Shell Extension for easy symlinks on windows)

5 minutes ago, Rodger said:

haha, honest advice for wanting to play with dev branch is use GitHub Desktop (or similar git client) and clone the repo on your PC, so you can update your copy easily anytime there's small updates, without having to redownload the whole thing. You can even symlink the Bluedog_DB folder from the Github location to GameData and not even have to copy it over manually when it updates. (I recommend using Link Shell Extension for easy symlinks on windows)

How do you clone the Dev branch though? Whenever I tried to do it, it would copy it, but then I can only access the master branch. 

Also, 1 Gigabyte packed! BDB now takes up a compressed area of 1 Gig! And it's almost 2.8 uncompressed. I think it's safe to say BDB is the LARGEST mod of KSP. 

On the main github page, select open with github desktop from the green Code button

mRSorYE.png

then once cloned, in GH Desktop select the branch here:

S5zEOwX.png

Shouldn't need permissions to access it, you just won't be able to push to any of the branches. That would require forking your own copy of the repo which you can edit, then make PRs from.

Edited by Rodger

You want a honest advice about playing with BDB 1.14 Dev? I mean actually playing, like starting a new save and such, and not just fooling around in sandbox?

DON'T.

1.14 is going to be a literal Apocalypse to pretty much all your crafts that include BDB parts. You see, merging parts requires making a new part - a literal new part, with a new ID, cfg and such - which means that you'll have to rebuild all your crafts that use this part. Old parts may be just deprecated and not deleted, but that doesn't free you from the Big Rebuild.

Personally, I'm just fooling around and dabbling with rebuilding. Actual rebuilding will come no sooner than BDB team declares that it's safe to do so. Or 1.14 release.

3 hours ago, Rodger said:

On the main github page, select open with github desktop from the green Code button

mRSorYE.png

then once cloned, in GH Desktop select the branch here:

S5zEOwX.png

Shouldn't need permissions to access it, you just won't be able to push to any of the branches. That would require forking your own copy of the repo which you can edit, then make PRs from.

Didn't work. I select the Dev Branch, and it doesn't download it, only the master branch. 

gpze4wW.png

Edited by GoldForest

Once you select the dev branch, check for the x15 folder in parts. It should be a pretty fast swap, it doesn’t need to redownload everything. Or you can press “fetch origin” to make sure

Edited by Rodger

3 minutes ago, Rodger said:

Once you select the dev branch, check for the x15 folder in parts. It should be a pretty fast swap, it doesn’t need to redownload everything.

Ah, I found the problem. Turns out it was saving it to a totally different location. IDK why. I guess it couldn't detect the old folder, so created a new one for some reason. 

2 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

You want a honest advice about playing with BDB 1.14 Dev? I mean actually playing, like starting a new save and such, and not just fooling around in sandbox?

DON'T.

1.14 is going to be a literal Apocalypse to pretty much all your crafts that include BDB parts. You see, merging parts requires making a new part - a literal new part, with a new ID, cfg and such - which means that you'll have to rebuild all your crafts that use this part. Old parts may be just deprecated and not deleted, but that doesn't free you from the Big Rebuild.

Personally, I'm just fooling around and dabbling with rebuilding. Actual rebuilding will come no sooner than BDB team declares that it's safe to do so. Or 1.14 release.

I mostly play in sandbox anyway, so it doesn't bother me too much :D.

@Rodger

Did you delete the B9 SAS switch because the SAS upgrades were not being applied? It was the case for me. To bad because it was a really cool idea. 

Ablestar needs an engine ignitor patch for more ignitions. I've made one myself by copying the agena patch. I wish I knew that earlier that it was possible to do that. 

1 minute ago, dave1904 said:

@Rodger

Did you delete the B9 SAS switch because the SAS upgrades were not being applied? It was the case for me. To bad because it was a really cool idea. 

Yeah the feature unfortunately didn't work, B9PS just can't set SAS level, it would require an update to B9PS which is unlikely at this point.

39 minutes ago, LoadingTimeExpert said:

How come the Early Lunar Shelter looks different now than it did two years ago? Also does anyone have any documentation about this lunar shelter? 

There's multiple Lunar Shelter craft in BDB, that one is the "Early Lunar Shelter" with 3 crew capacity, but there's also "AES LM Shelter" which is the one based on the Ascent Stage with two crew capacity. Then there's also Shelter/Laboratory too lol

Spoiler

yDGaIsW.png

22 hours ago, Gupyzer0 said:

Requesting rescue mission!!! :D

Ahem...

On a lonely planet, slowly spinning its way to damnation

Amidst the incompetence and unpreparedness of lesser space programs

One team stands resilient against the herds!

Putting their lives on the line to aid players

Who were previously unaware of the Quicksave option!

Yes it's the incredible adventures of Jebediah

And his crack team of Kerbonauts!

They are... THE BLUNDERBIRDS!

Saving the Kerbin race one stranded explorer at a time!

(Sorry, I had to)