[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

F1-AS? Also... that image says UA1205, but it shows UA 1204s... oops. 

In fact I went with 2x UA1207s, because:

A - MLP Saturn V base doesn't fit for 4 SRBs

B - UA1207s make more sense to use (I mean those leftover IIIM boosters need some use after all)

4 hours ago, AdrianDogmeat said:

In fact I went with 2x UA1207s, because:

A - MLP Saturn V base doesn't fit for 4 SRBs

B - UA1207s make more sense to use (I mean those leftover IIIM boosters need some use after all)

I just noticed something. The 1205s, or rather 1204s :P, are welded together like the Energia's boosters.

34 minutes ago, AdrianDogmeat said:

Also they lack TVC tubes and the top protruding separation morots

The TVC tank is probably just between the two motors, which we can't see on either pair. 

As for the separation motors, they are there. The image is just so low resolution you can see them without zooming in ridiculously. At least, I think I see them. There's some black pixels on the nose cone that looks like the separation motor holes. They are facing the viewer, so hard to see them. 

Hmmm. Cobalt, don't suppose we could get a dual UA120X mount for Saturn purposes? :P

Edited by GoldForest

On 9/8/2024 at 6:10 AM, AdrianDogmeat said:

Not really, it's based on this concept:
SV.jpg

Love the wrong size on the UA1205... they are 3.05m (10ft) diameter.   lol

The Lack of a TVC tankage has been mentioned.   But it should be noted that the Lock-Roll/Flex-Roll tech was shared with everyone circa 1968ish.   United Aircraft/United Technologies Chemical division would have had access to that system.   Likely the CT-156x would have utilized this system instead of the injection TVC.   The 156" study was put on hold while Lockheed/Thiokol each tested the Lockheed design for TVC.   Note most of the publicly available source material for the CT-156x SRMs still show the TVC injection tank.  But those same documents predate the hold and the eventual switch to LOCK-ROLL TVC (later renamed Flex-Roll after US Govt purchased the patent.)

But honestly, CT-1562s are the same height as the UA1205 and the same basic overall TWR/DeltaV as 2 UA1205s together.   It would have been the better choice.

I THINK there is a 3 Segment SRB booster in Photon Corp... it is a good stand in for the CT-1563 (a UA-1208/3segment SMRU length stage.)   Sure it could have handed bell placement (instead of the Shuttle-only Conic nozzle.)

Edited by Pappystein

8 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Is that what it's called? *Check Beale's github* Oh, yep. That's the one. I would probably wait until it's released though. 

So whats release V0.1 then? Because thats what im running right now

Edited by BSS_Snag

10 minutes ago, BSS_Snag said:

So whats release V0.1 then? Because thats what im running right now

It's an alpha release or beta release. 

1.0 would be actual release. At least, imo anyway. 

And it's super early. 0.1 was released 3 weeks ago, well before Shabby 0.4.0, which only released yesterday.

At minimum I would probably wait for an update to Resurfaced, just to make sure it's compatible with the latest update of Shabby, but that's just me. I'm not against using dev releases, I'm using BDB and Tantares dev versions as we speak. But parts mods and plugin mods are two separate monsters. I'm more weary about using initial versions/early releases of WIP/Development plugins because they tend to game break with each update. That's just me though. Like I said, "I" would probably wait. I should have probably used the word "will" instead of "would." That's my bad, apologizes. Never meant to say you should wait. If you want to use a dev plugin, that's your right to do so.  

8 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

It's an alpha release or beta release. 

1.0 would be actual release. At least, imo anyway. 

And it's super early. 0.1 was released 3 weeks ago, well before Shabby 0.4.0, which only released yesterday.

At minimum I would probably wait for an update to Resurfaced, just to make sure it's compatible with the latest update of Shabby, but that's just me. I'm not against using dev releases, I'm using BDB and Tantares dev versions as we speak. But parts mods and plugin mods are two separate monsters. I'm more weary about using initial versions/early releases of WIP/Development plugins because they tend to game break with each update. That's just me though. Like I said, "I" would probably wait. I should have probably used the word "will" instead of "would." That's my bad, apologizes. Never meant to say you should wait. If you want to use a dev plugin, that's your right to do so.  

Fair enough, well it hasn't broke so far.

Edited by BSS_Snag

Anyone interested trying out the new PBR stuff you can grab Resurfaced from here:

The latest update to shabby (linked there) is a dependency and deferred is reccomended. Of course you need the BDB dev branch for our converted parts. Keep in mind we still in early days of the conversion and it will take some time for the whole mod. But Atlas/Atlas V, and a bunch of probes are converted so far.

Remember to set the KSP reflection quality as high as you can manage for metals to look right (reflection refresh rate can be set to the lowest). Also things in the VAB generally look better with deferred but still not great but they will look good in flight (hopefully!).

B0wMPPG.png

Z1g1Paj.png

YzxRWKf.png

tZgbJDa.png

Edited by Zorg

Excellent work as always, BDB team. 

Meanwhile... (spoilered to avoid clutter)

Spoiler

https://imgur.com/jAnjfyK

https://imgur.com/gzK1gnJ

Stabilizing legs and hubs are from Nertea's SSPXr, the windowed connecting module is from benjee10's PET. This mess will eventually go to Minmus so landing vertically and then tipping the wetlabs horizontally can be waived.

Edited by Nachtgeist789

On 9/11/2024 at 12:38 AM, Nachtgeist789 said:

Excellent work as always, BDB team. 

Meanwhile... (spoilered to avoid clutter)

Hide contents

image.png?ex=66e26f0d&is=66e11d8d&hm=f0f

image.png?ex=66e26f0d&is=66e11d8d&hm=772

Stabilizing legs and hubs are from Nertea's SSPXr, the windowed connecting module is from benjee10's PET. This mess will eventually go to Minmus so landing vertically and then tipping the wetlabs horizontally can be waived.

It is best to use a dedicated image hosting site like Imgur for your images.  Discord is getting pretty nasty about stopping outside links into discord images if too many hits happen to them (Assumption on my part)   I have had whole posts in various discords I use SAVAGED because the images I had embedded there were linked outside of Discord (not necessarily by me!)

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

It is best to use a dedicated image hosting site like Imgur for your images.  Discord is getting pretty nasty about stopping outside links into discord images if too many hits happen to them (Assumption on my part)   I have had whole posts in various discords I use SAVAGED because the images I had embedded there were linked outside of Discord (not necessarily by me!)

Yes, Discord is trying to stop people using it as a general image hosting place. External linking of Discord uploads shouldn't be working anymore - I'm actually surprised it worked for @Nachtgeist789. I saw it coming back in 2017 and never stopped using Imgur, though to be fair I have no idea how that service still exists either.

3 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

So I probably should know this by now, but what’s PBR and were do I download it?

Physical-based rendering - a technique to create realistic light reflections on surfaces. Metallic surfaces are shiny, etc.

You need two aforementioned mods (Resurfaced and Shabby) and the latest BDB dev version from Github.