Hype Train 1.0.5: The Local Train Route

Whirligig Girl

I am not very much hyped for this.. They should have just waited until unity 5 port was done.

All this will lead to is again break mods when we know it is all going to break soon again with 1.1

And since we are limited to 32bit this will lead to even more stability issues since even less ram will be available now.

1.05 wont break mods. its extra parts/redos. They were going to wait but then they figured out that 1.1 will take too long so they are releaseing the parts now

Hi everyone, I have a question.

I thought that 1.0.5 was also a sort of Radio-Communications update involving a similar thing to Remote-Tech.

What happened to that? I've (maybe) wasted about 3 hours making an extraordinarily large ComSat network! It was kinda fun but was it worth it?

I thought that 1.0.5 was also a sort of Radio-Communications update involving a similar thing to Remote-Tech.

KSP 1.1

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/content/352-Kerbal-Space-Program-1-1-update

Antenna Diversity and Probes

A feature we’re sure you’re all familiar with by now, if not you should read this article. RoverDude is still hard at work further refining this feature and incorporating the feedback we received from you, the community. Onwards to QA from there!

Hi everyone, I have a question.

What happened to that? I've (maybe) wasted about 3 hours making an extraordinarily large ComSat network! It was kinda fun but was it worth it?

A) It's in 1.1

B) It was probably not worth no matter what, it as if your probe on Duna can contact a satellite in Kerbin's SOI, it would be able to talk to KSC even without that satellite present.

I'm hyped, and my body is ready. Current career game is nearly done... Been almost everywhere, done almost everything and can't wait to get some new parts to play around with. Slight deflate realizing the antenae relay is going to be 1.1, but net result is HYPE!

I'm also hyped about the new ISRU reactor. It's small and light enough to actually use!

Pffff..... I'm sort of a "wet blanket" about this.. I wanted the old ISRU convertor to be more massive, since even bulkier would break old craft files.

This new tiny ISRU is OP'd. I think for "stock" its a bit overpowered.

Sure you can say one can choose not to use it, it is a single player game... but with that logic, one shouldn't mind if a 50,000 Isp and 50:1 TWR engine is added to the stock game...

I am hyped about hydrodynamics (fine fine hyprodynamics), cargo ramps, and the new jet engines.

and... "meh" about the mk1 cockpit redesign/

no other hype train will reach the one of 1.0. Anyway even though i have stopped playing KSP religiously since 0.90 i am on board this hype train. Can we take bets on when this version is going to be released?

no other hype train will reach the one of 1.0. Anyway even though i have stopped playing KSP religiously since 0.90 i am on board this hype train. Can we take bets on when this version is going to be released?

Smart money's on November 10th.

Smart money's on November 10th.

Not necessarily.

Maxmaps a few weeks back said expiramentals may be a lot shorter for this version (usually it's about two weeks). Plus they seemed to rush most the new information into a single DevNote for some reason. I've never seen that done before. Something tells me the smart money is on November 3rd. If they were going to have another DevNote, you'd think they would save at least one big surprise... or maybe they DID?!?. Still, my money is on Monday for Media release, tuesday for full release.

Edited by Alshain

Wait, when did they say it entered experimentals? I must've somehow missed that in the DevNotes this week.

Well, the future time in Back to the Future was last week, so I guess this works:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/bttf/images/9/91/Timetrain.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131025205033

It wasn't in the DevNotes, it was a day later in the announcement forums.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/137781

Funny thing about that train, it should have never existed. If you think about it, the whole problem in that movie was the lack of Gasoline, but they had a second Delorian hidden in a mineshaft with a tank full of Gas. They could have siphoned some of it off and still not broke the events in 1955, and ended the movie 45 minutes early.

Edited by Alshain

Funny thing about that train, it should have never existed. If you think about it, the whole problem in that movie was the lack of Gasoline, but they had a second Delorian hidden in a mineshaft with a tank full of Gas. They could have siphoned some of it off and still not broke the events in 1955, and ended the movie 45 minutes early.

Actually I recall this being discussed some time in the past 30 years and I googled someone else's reasoning because I couldn't bother to write up my own:

"Gas will go stale within months. And that's modern day Gas, who knows what 1955 gas shelf life is like. The more space in a tank, the more space it has to evaporate. Condensation will add water to the fuel ruining it. Temperature swings will as well. As we know, 1885 had no temperature control to speak of. The older the gas, the less likely it will ignite. Diesel would last longer as it does not need a spark to ignite, just compression.

In short, even if Doc had saved the gas, eight months and imperfect storage would have made it useless by the time Marty showed up."

Even diesel is not fine to this day, in my school we had a tractor with a plastic gaz tank to no condensation and he still had a filter designed to take out water, and there was water in it.

Well, enough of smart talk, I would like a ticket and cake for everyone :cool: