Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 26--Welcome to Laythe! Population: [ 2 ]

Mister Dilsby

3 hours ago, Alchemist said:

If male Kerbulans have beards, I wonder what's the quirk with females. Brezhnev-style eyebrows?

From what I remember, the females didn't look much different, but they definitely dressed hotter.... and in my opinion, were much more devious and terrifying then the mirror males...

Anyone here remember Kira's mirror counterpart for DS9???   Just sayin'    :0.0:

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

So, did anyone get the Stay Determined reference? Awe,  it was a good one too.

Sorry, I did not. I looked it up later though and it makes sense. I guess i just haven't played that genre of games.

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

From what I remember, the females didn't look much different, but they definitely dressed hotter....

And not just the females--Kirk too! Believe me if I could have made Val's uniform sleeveless I would have. Also, of course it's just Spock who had the beard, not every male Imperial. But, you know, South Park.

42 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

Also, @Kuzzter, Jeb's sword is asymmetrical and it's bugging me.

Henceforth complaints about the artwork, demands for new missions, exhortations to post faster, and any and all statements beginning with the words "you should..." will be answered by our customer satisfaction officer, Valentina Kermulan. 

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

Henceforth complaints about the artwork, demands for new missions, exhortations to post faster, and any and all statements beginning with the words "you should..." will be answered by our customer satisfaction officer, Valentina Kermulan. 

I wasn't telling you to fix it... It's impressive for powerpoint. I just need to talk about things that bug me so they stop bugging me...

4 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

I just need to talk about things that bug me so they stop bugging me...

No worries... I guess i have the same problem :) 

You're right though it is asymmetric... maybe that just makes it a more terrifying weapon. Hm... perhaps the Empire should also use bad kerning on the flag, that'd really mess with their enemies. 

19 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

No worries... I guess i have the same problem :) 

You're right though it is asymmetric... maybe that just makes it a more terrifying weapon. Hm... perhaps the Empire should also use bad kerning on the flag, that'd really mess with their enemies. 

"Mwaha! Those Kerbulan fools have left a gaping hole in their defenses, and soon Rocomaximus will rule the planet! Wait a second... that flag says "S P QK"! What!? GAHH!!" *crashes ship into flagpole*

My hypothesis? The reason the persistomancers don't know about one another is that each is only able to access and edit his own SAVE's persistence data, and the Kerbals and Kerbulans inhabit different SAVEs. As to how they manage to observe one another, I blame the multiversal glitches that occurred during the crossover. Why wouldn't they leave residue?

'Course this bodes ill for the fate of the Kerbulans if they try to destroy the Kerbals...

it is asymmetric... maybe that just makes it a more terrifying weapon. Hm... perhaps the Empire should also use bad kerning on the flag, that'd really mess with their enemies. 

Properly designed asymmetry in edged weapons very useful for particular purposes, either in stabbing or slashing.  But that makes the weapon specialized for one of those uses and less effective at others.  I would assume the asymmetry of Jeb's weapons makes it work very well for back-stabbing other Kerbulians.

Edited by Geschosskopf

4 hours ago, rlin said:

In Chapter 6, Bob and Nimzo play Cheks. It itself is not a big deal. However, they are in zero G. So why do the pieces float and drift?

It's obvious. Metallic surface of the board, little magnets in the pieces - I have such set.

And there are so many things used in space that are magnetic for the same reason - so you can put them somewhere and they won't drift away across the station.

6 hours ago, Alchemist said:

And there are so many things used in space that are magnetic for the same reason - so you can put them somewhere and they won't drift away across the station.

And let's let that explanation stand for all the stuff in the Planetary Base Systems IVA, which appear to have been rendered for use on the surface, so there are cables on the floor, books on the tables, etc. :) 

So like I said we can expect a gap of a few days before the next pages. But I can always tease :) Here's Intrepid just after Kerbin SOI escape:

3nkIzjA.png

So it turns out that we are able to store data in the lab, it's just that every time we do so the dialogue says there wasn't enough space. Looks like a bug, but a benign one. I'm keeping the lab loaded up with data, of course, and transmitting every 20 days or so--you can see that with Bob and Lisa in there, it makes science at quite a prodigious rate. That'll make Mort happy, since we're licensing 100% of it now, to the tune of 2594.58 kerbucks per science point, or about 28,500 per day for as long as I can keep the data buffers filled.

So I have some external shots now, will get the rest plus the "sound stage" IVAs, and the new pages will appear when they appear. In the meantime, a riddle: what masses about 200 tons, is 42,195 meters long, takes a middle-aged guy in good shape about 3 1/2 hours to finish, and will start appearing in its own thread some time after 1.1 is released and certain critical mods are updated? :D 

27 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

And let's let that explanation stand for all the stuff in the Planetary Base Systems IVA, which appear to have been rendered for use on the surface, so there are cables on the floor, books on the tables, etc. :) 

So like I said we can expect a gap of a few days before the next pages. But I can always tease :) Here's Intrepid just after Kerbin SOI escape:

So it turns out that we are able to store data in the lab, it's just that every time we do so the dialogue says there wasn't enough space. Looks like a bug, but a benign one. I'm keeping the lab loaded up with data, of course, and transmitting every 20 days or so--you can see that with Bob and Lisa in there, it makes science at quite a prodigious rate. That'll make Mort happy, since we're licensing 100% of it now, to the tune of 2594.58 kerbucks per science point, or about 28,500 per day for as long as I can keep the data buffers filled.

So I have some external shots now, will get the rest plus the "sound stage" IVAs, and the new pages will appear when they appear. In the meantime, a riddle: what masses about 200 tons, is 42,195 meters long, takes a middle-aged guy in good shape about 3 1/2 hours to finish, and will start appearing in its own thread some time after 1.1 is released and certain critical mods are updated? :D 

I hate riddles, but I'm guessing something wonderful terrifying. nud nud NUD! NUD NUUUDDDD! A Looj Yessydo. ;) BTW, I saw Squadcast last night and EJ had a 600-part vessel on the stream. 1.1 was humming along at 25 frames per second. And the IVA mode gave you a look inside the cockpit of a stock cargo plane complete with kerbals- no extra stealth kerbals needed to get those interesting shots. :)

3 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I saw Squadcast last night and EJ had a 600-part vessel on the stream. 1.1 was humming along at 25 frames per second. 

Oh my, don't get my hopes up...Intrepid is only about 800, and might get near six once she fires all of her nuclear weapons at Kerbulus puts the scansats in orbit around the Joolian moons and sends in the atmospheric probes.

4 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Oh my, don't get my hopes up...Intrepid is only about 800, and might get near six once she fires all of her nuclear weapons at Kerbulus puts the scansats in orbit around the Joolian moons and sends in the atmospheric probes.

Here's a clip from the stream. :) I'm hoping that updating my mods won't be too bad to do. @RoverDude apparently is already done with his mods (helps to be one of the devs, heh), so I'm guessing it can't be too bad to do. Anyway, Evil Mitch is looking forward to updating the plasma screens for the tantalus ASAP, mostly to avoid getting agonized by Evil Bill.

9 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Here's a clip from the stream. :) I'm hoping that updating my mods won't be too bad to do. @RoverDude apparently is already done with his mods (helps to be one of the devs, heh), so I'm guessing it can't be too bad to do. Anyway, Evil Mitch is looking forward to updating the plasma screens for the tantalus ASAP, mostly to avoid getting agonized by Evil Bill.

OMG...... someone get me a drool bucket!!!!  

22 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

They were definitely touting the performance increase.  The game was running with those frame rates on Kasper's (high-end) laptop.

6 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

OMG...... someone get me a drool bucket!!!!  

Apparently, the Hype Train has an abundant supply of drool buckets.  :)

Happy landings!

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I hate riddles, but I'm guessing something wonderful terrifying. nud nud NUD! NUD NUUUDDDD! A Looj Yessydo. ;) BTW, I saw Squadcast last night and EJ had a 600-part vessel on the stream. 1.1 was humming along at 25 frames per second. And the IVA mode gave you a look inside the cockpit of a stock cargo plane complete with kerbals- no extra stealth kerbals needed to get those interesting shots. :)

YEEEEEE, I should start watching squadcasts again....

Edited by smjjames

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

what masses about 200 tons, is 42,195 meters long, takes a middle-aged guy in good shape about 3 1/2 hours to finish, and will start appearing in its own thread some time after 1.1 is released and certain critical mods are updated? :D 

Hmmmm.  Definitely sounds like a B-Team to me.

Who will it be? Where will they go? - Only Kuzzter knows!
Although I did have a guess.  Just can't remember now who or where.

Happy Concerned Nervous Anxious Frightened Terrified landings!

2 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

In the meantime, a riddle: what masses about 200 tons, is 42,195 meters long, takes a middle-aged guy in good shape about 3 1/2 hours to finish, and will start appearing in its own thread some time after 1.1 is released and certain critical mods are updated? :D 

Could this be the B-Team of Kerbfleet on a Dres Awareness mission?

Stay Determined . . .

Edited by SpaceplaneAddict