Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-END OF CHAPTER 21! (and hopefully not so many talking heads in 22!)

Mister Dilsby

I think these two will be the saviours of Kerbin. When the Kerbulans come with their murderous warrior bloodlust in order to destroy everything that is good and innocent, enter Billy-Bobby and Dongun Kerman, who have spent years in quiet isolation meditating on and developing an intimate knowledge of Tai-cheese. 

5 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Hey, I'm an engineer; I meet insane people who are able to do basic math all. the. time.

I was an engineer 3 careers ago,  Then a lawyer (Ihey, we all make mistakes), then a truckdriver (another mistake, don't we get 2 like in baseball?), and now a firefighter (next best thing to Nirvana).  Before all that, I was a Sergeant of Marines (actually Nirvana).  In all these careers, the people best able to do basic math were the Marines (to figure out how to drop mortars or artillery on a given ponit) and the firefighters (to figure out how many RPMs they needed to run the firetruck's engine at to produce the amount of gallons per minute required to extinguish V amount of fire at the end of W length of X diameter hose with Y type of nozzle at Z amount of elevation change).  All in real time with bullets and/or flames flying and people at risk.

EDIT:  And I forgot to add, although the Marines and firefighters are totally insane,  I agree with your point, although most non-fire-engine engineers are not all that insane, relatively speaking.

Edited by Geschosskopf

On 31/12/2015 at 3:50 PM, Kuzzter said:

Generally I would avoid it--if i didn't have to grab cinematic screenshots from different angles with and without HUD right at the most dramatic moments. #thethingsIdoforyou

And please don't suggest I let Mechjeb handle the landing. I don't won't use Mechjeb. I consider this a piloting game, and I like to pilot--even if it means crashing sometimes while I take pictures. Youcanuseitifyouwanttoitsnotcheatingbutitisbutlet'snotdiscussthatonthisthreadOK? :) 

Awesome chapters as always, Kuzz...
... and by the way, to take screenshots while playing: ever tried Automated Screenshots?

It's a GREAT tool that allow you to time screenshots in series, to take them during flight (it has an automated "no HUD" ability), with additional option for more screenshots during a crash-landing and save them in any directory you'll like in your pc (no more only "screenshot" one inside KSP) with tons of additional infos in the name file (I save them with real date and hour, the KSP date and hour, infos on biomes, altitude and status of vehicle, and other tons of infos that help me to build later the continuity of the time in my story, days after the actual image collecting)...

... with the bonus to take automatic "quicksaves", if you also like to play safe again game crashes, if you activate the other option (only downside is that them will take to the KSC, and not to the ship you were flying - WARNING for atmospherical ones: GO FAST on tracking station to resume them)

Edited by Araym

On 4/1/2016 at 11:47 AM, Kuzzter said:

Just two, sorry:

>snip images - link to them<

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

( Remember this, Kuzzter: I woke up the entire building I'm living in, laughing so HARD to the last page... it's 6.30 AM here... if they evict me from my appartment, you'll find me on the door of your home looking for a bed :P )

(... and mostly only for Gene and Wernher speechless in the last panel :P )

Edited by Araym
OPS... edited to not duplicate the images (still not totally accustomed to the new forum :P)

12 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

EDIT:  And I forgot to add, although the Marines and firefighters are totally insane,  I agree with your point, although most non-fire-engine engineers are not all that insane, relatively speaking.

Sure, we have insanity, but nothing compares with "let's run toward the lethal thing" insanity.

8 hours ago, Araym said:

( Remember this, Kuzzter: I woke up the entire building I'm living in, laughing so HARD to the last page... it's 6.30 AM here... if they evict me from my appartment, you'll find me on the door of your home looking for a bed :P )

You can stay with @Parkaboy and his frightened dog :) (oh, and please do trim/edit your quotes--duplicate comic pages tend to make the thread SUPER long, and also might confuse people scrolling through to read the book. Thank you! :) )

And now, four more:

gvogN9R.png

4HWH5CY.png

OzDg9xC.png

0by3PJR.png

Well, that was fun. Always wanted an excuse to try that :D And in case you're wondering, yes I did get the trope from that wonderful Ren&Stimpy episode. I've done a check now, and am quite sure I've accounted for all of our other brave crews. Really!

23 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Sure, we have insanity, but nothing compares with "let's run toward the lethal thing" insanity.

Well, that was fun. Always wanted an excuse to try that :D And in case you're wondering, yes I did get the trope from that wonderful Ren&Stimpy episode. I've done a check now, and am quite sure I've accounted for all of our other brave crews. Really!

Running WITH a lethal thing is insane.  Running toward a lethal thing is usually the best way to make it nonlethal :D

Anyway, that was hilarious.  I hope you can juggle the thrust so it flies more or less straight on the way home.

14 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Anyway, that was hilarious.  I hope you can juggle the thrust so it flies more or less straight on the way home.

It sure wasn't straight on the way up--I had a 73 degree offset! But Minmus forgives much. I managed to get enough altitude in the initial burn so that I could fire for orbit in short bursts, re-aligning in between. I'll re-arrange the ships before burning for LKO: there's an axial port on the lab which will mate with the front shielded port of the hauler. Lining it up that way will make it quite controllable. I will have to refuel before coming home, thogh. Fortunately there's still LF aboard the (confirmed abandoned) Minmus Outbound station, and also a Class-A rock in orbit I can mine.

Edited by Kuzzter

You know, they may have Space Madness, but they aren't totally deranged.  They still knew the contents of General Order 0, even if wasn't part of the regs when they left.

And they still had the wherewithal to know what had to be done and do it without any direction from anywhere else.   Even while being mad and spouting gibberish.

Kerbfleet through and through!

Happy Concerned landings!

Skipping the earlier pages' transcripts.

SURFACE...

Melgee: Closing bay doors!
Kurt: And flipping lab!
*Lab begins to roll over on top of Nizmo and Lisa*
Nizmo: Uh oh.
Lisa: Don't just there, Nizmo-run!
Lisa: Ahh!
*KRRASH*
*Lab flips over, landing on Nizmo*
Nizmo: Ow!
Sarge: Incoming vessel!
Kenlie: What the-

New page:
*Ship is landing*

Melbe: Oh, it's one 'a them pre-Kranefly asteroid haulers!  They got retired 'cause the exhaust impinges the rock!
Clauselle: Qu'est-ce que... are they landing?
Dongun: Cheese in sight!  Claw deployed!
Billy-Bobby: We are home-going all the cheese!
Nizmo: Are they doing... what I think they're doing?
Lisa:  Sure looks like it.
Nizmo:  Should we run again? 
Lisa: Ehhn.  Why bother?

New page:
*Hauler-C is hovering over minmus*

Billy-Bobby: Hold still cheese, not moving be!
Melgee?: Who is cheese?
Kurt?: We is cheese!  And also Kurt!
Melgee: And Not-Kurt!
Billy-Bobby: Long cheese to get also?
Dongun: Don't be silly, Billy-Bobby-that's a baguette! [I get it, I get it -MRS] And everyone knows bread can fly all by itself!
*SNIKT*
*Hauler-C pocks up minmus lab*
Billy-Bobby All cheese are belong to us!
Dongun: Yes!  Burning for orbit!
Kurt: On behalf on my colleague, who is Not-Kurt and also Melgee, thank you!
Melgee: Goodbye Lisa!  And Not-Lisa!  And other Not-Lisas!

New page:
*Hauler-C in orbit with cheese Minmus lab*

Gene: Well.  That happened.
Werner: Ja, it sure did...
Werner: ...und as we continue to interact with them, Herr Flightdirektor, they will gradually become less insane.  We will guide them back to Kerbin orbit, and home.  With much therapy, eventually they may be able to lead nearly normal lives.  But they will neve  truly be free of... SPACE MADNESS!!

It's amazing how much harder it is to transcribe madness.  Thanks to Kuzzter!

7 hours ago, Parkaboy said:

"All our chese are belong to us"... :D

Hopefully they are not on their way to destruction. Or they will have no chance to survive. Kuzzter, I hope "You know what you doing" ;)

Edited by FlyingPete

7 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

...Dongun: Cheese in sight!  Claw deployed!...

...Billy-Bobby: All cheese are belong to us!...

It's amazing how much harder it is to transcribe madness.  Thanks to Kuzzter!

... i had again such a hard laugh my belly hurts...

Now we know what happens to abandoned icecream... :0.0:...:D cheeeeeeeeeeeese!

Edited by Mikki
spell:D, again, it is early morning....