Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-END OF CHAPTER 21! (and hopefully not so many talking heads in 22!)

Mister Dilsby

20 hours ago, Araym said:

how will you handle the porting on KSP 1.2? Are you going to do it later, when all of your mods will be updated? (I take a look to new USI-LS balancement, and now kerbals eat a lot less... will your Intrepid be able to "communicate" to home thru the new radio network??? have you tried some tests???)

I'm still catching up, so I've not really thought much about it yet. At minimum of course the Intrepid and other continuing craft would have to be able to load, so I would have to make sure all my part mods and texture replacer (for uniforms) were updated before I tried to port. 

9 hours ago, Terwin said:

The USI mods have save-breaking changes as part of the transition to 1.2, so I do not think it is possible for him to upgrade unless he hyper-edits the Intrpeid home, recovers it, creates a new Intrepid with the same crew and resource levels, then hyper-edits it back to where it was.  Probably not worth the effort.

Eek! I wonder if it's something that I can correct in the USI config file, or if it's truly save-breaking? I guess I'll find out when I finally download 1.2! In the meantime...

wycLpkL.png

vIH5bJs.png

7 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Thanks Kuzzter!

That was great.  Especially the poke.  :)

And I must say I do so love Vallhenge.  It's a wonder-inspiring sight to see 'for the first time' through the eyes of our heroes.

Happy landings!

I'm new enough to KSP that this is in fact my first time seeing it! Interesting interpretation, @Kuzzter - wonder if that was the intended meaning!

What if it worked as an inter-universe gate, like the one used to access @Parkaboy's Plan Kappa a while back? The arrangement of the pylons could be a message from the monoliths to the Kerbals, urging them to break out of their own canon/savefile/dimension and explore all the others.

Does "formidable" mean something in French? Because for a second there I thought Clauselle had become a Kerbulan, when she called the magnetic field formidable.

5 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Eek! I wonder if it's something that I can correct in the USI config file, or if it's truly save-breaking? I guess I'll find out when I finally download 1.2! In the meantime...

From what I understand, the models of just about everything but the containers have changed, so if you have one or more nom-o-matics on board(or anything from UKS), you will probably need to do something about those parts before you can port the craft to 1.2.

I am not sure because my 1.2 game was started in the pre-release and I have a vessel that will need to return to kerbin before I can install USI-LS myself.

(there has been a lot of re-balancing, like kerbals going from 16 noms/day to 10 and the base habitation rate going from 30 kerbal days per crew capacity down to 7ish and different calculations for habitation/hab bonus/hab multipliers)

There is also apparently a modular fork-lift and magnetic crane as part of USI konstruction(with no need for infernal robotics), not to mention the 'konstruction docking ports' that can be 'welded' or some such to remove the docking port parts and connect the two nodes directly to each other (intended for building bases without having a 2:1 ration of docking ports to station pieces).

So lots of changes with the USI mods, many of them save breaking.

Hmmm, maybe jack standardization isn't Wernher's fault after all.  :)

Maybe there's something deeper and more mysterious going on with electronics development in the Kuzzterverse.

I wonder what devices they brought with them that they might plug in.  K-pod anyone?

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Melbe reminds me of Neo poking the mirror in the first Matrix movie  :)

Actually, that's Joan poking us.

Happy landings!

Edited by Starhawk

On September 9, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Kuzzter said:

No update today folks, except to say that I've landed the Qwammer several times now and I think I am getting pretty good at it. Despite this, visits to the various biomes have been anything but routine... I don't think I'm going to get to all of them, and I definitely will not get to all of them before the 14 day clock runs out and the away team must return to Intrepid

For now, here's a shot as the sun just emerges from eclipse, with Moho transiting.

Z2dmZ1N.png

Yay! I'll like that post.

You are only allowed to give 25 likes today. You are not allowed to give any more likes today.

12 hours ago, Starhawk said:

Thanks Kuzzter!

That was great.  Especially the poke.  :)

And I must say I do so love Vallhenge.  It's a wonder-inspiring sight to see 'for the first time' through the eyes of our heroes.

Happy landings!

I'm so new to KSP that this is in fact my first time seeing it! Nice interpretation, @Kuzzter - wonder if that was the actual intended meaning! Maybe it's a message from the Monoliths, detailing how the Kerbals can break out of their own canon/universe/savefile and explore the rest that's out there.

New idea! General Order Aleph-Null: Do not pursue any course of action that would reveal or jeopardize the future plot. Number Aleph-Null (AKA Infinity) because Shirley surely you have to take care of all Kerbal considerations before catering to extracanocial requirements.

10 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

So does Formidable mean something in French? Because I thought it was a Kerbulan talking for a second...

It means "wonderful", etc.  Google Translate is usually my go-to to get a general idea of words in languages I do not understand, but it is best to keep in mind it can be wrong.
https://translate.google.com/#fr/en/formidable

Edited by everchanging02
Typo

I don't really read music, but I had a clear sequence of notes playing in my head as I read the comic.

I went and checked and my belief was confirmed.  It's been so many years, but I can still clearly hear the notes in my mind.

Hmmm, maybe electronic jack sizes in the Kuzzterverse are based on fundamental universal constants and ratios. :)

Well, anyway, I'm not sure what it is, but I'm pretty sure something is about to happen.

Happy landings!

27 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Hopefully you don't have to be too much of a musician to figure out where this is going :) 

Finally! I just spent the last 20 minutes finding out where I know that sequence of notes from. It's a bit before my time, but still...

Does this mean that they're awakening the Kaken?!? Unlikely...

I rather have the feeling that a new door is about to be pushed open and who (except the author, too bad he's dead) knows what's on the other side.

Edited by Chemp