The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

15 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I am also a huge fan of @CatastrophicFailure's "Whispers of a Kraken". @CatastrophicFailure is a master of action drama, and really reminds me of Tom Clancy. I seriously wish I could write a chase scene as good as his recent ones! He gets one of the book series as well.

:D just chiming in to say

raw

D'awww garsh... :blush:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread. 

6 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

You should be able to ask Steam to take it back to 1.2.

I'm trying, but so far I can only get it to revert to 1.1.3, then back 1.2.1, but no-where in between. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right or not.

4 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

:D just chiming in to say

raw

D'awww garsh... :blush:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread. 

You deserve it!  :)

You're last few chapters have been real nail-biting, edge of your seat thrillers, and got me totally sucked in. Well done!

Well, I haven't had any luck with whatever is wrong, so tomorrow I'm going to try reverting back to 1.1.3. Luckily I have the mods archived, including the old ones, so keep your fingers crossed....

The only thing is I wanted to introduce Kerbnet in the next chapter, but by bringing Sanny the ghost back, I have enough fun stuff to work with I suppose I can put Kerbnet off until later. 

10 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Well, I haven't had any luck with whatever is wrong, so tomorrow I'm going to try reverting back to 1.1.3. Luckily I have the mods archived, including the old ones, so keep your fingers crossed....

The only thing is I wanted to introduce Kerbnet in the next chapter, but by bringing Sanny the ghost back, I have enough fun stuff to work with I suppose I can put Kerbnet off until later. 

Psst...

PM me.... I may have a solution for you...

OK, I had a lot of behind the scenes help and advice today from several members who wish to stay anonymous, and was finally able to get back to version 1.2. Thank you... :D
But when I added the saves and mods, it does the same thing. Odd.

However..... I had a chance to think about the next chapter, and came up with an amusing way to alter things a little so I can use a vanilla sandbox game to get by. Then maybe switch back to Emiko's backstory for a chapter or two, and give this bug a chance to get fixed... whatever it is.

Or, worst case scenario, if it's not mod related, and the save is borked, I'll start a new career and cheat my way back to where it needs to be.

19 hours ago, Garrett Kerman said:

Can't wait for the next chapter, @Just Jim!

Been working on it all day, and finally ended up with this!  Taa Daa!!!

hae0vrn.png

I know, you're all saying to yourself, "But it's just Emiko's Magic Boulder on the Admin building... so what?"

Ahhhh, but this is different. This is Emiko's Magic Boulder on the Admin building... in a new 1.2 sandbox game!  :D

It took me a couple tries to get it right, and I had to go back and read all the advice everyone has given me in the past (thanks again!!!) But I finally figured out how to copy and paste all the ships and personnel from one persistent file to the other without the game breaking... so far... knock on wood. I still need to check some things, but so far it looks like all my kerbals are where they should be, and none of the ships are MIA. Most important, I already looked and Emiko Asteroid made it OK, as well as the new red magic boulder. Those were the most critical. Ships I can replace, but finding another Emiko sized asteroid could take a while.

So this should work for screenshots until the OPM/Kopernicus bug (or whatever it is) gets fixed. 

Edited by Just Jim

Well, I'm finally caught up on this one.  Great to see how this story is developing.  I really liked the Space 1999-ish Eagle and was sorry it had such a short life, but the gratuitous explosion was quite good, even if it wasn't totally gratuitous :wink:

Also, Emiko's adventures on Earth are making me order a selection of top-shelf absinthes.  In her human guise (and with her Wonderland-type adventures), she's the very personification of "la fée verte" :D

12 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Also, Emiko's adventures on Earth are making me order a selection of top-shelf absinthes.  In her human guise (and with her Wonderland-type adventures), she's the very personification of "la fée verte" :D

I know, right? I should have given her faerie wings!  :D

So hey everyone, I got a bunch of the new screenshots done today, and realized I can do both kerbnet and Sanny the ghost in the next chapter. Plus, and this was a really cool bonus, I found one of the new monoliths, and somewhere I totally didn't expect! (No, not Dres... lol)  But sorry, I'm not saying where yet because I can use this one in the next chapter as well.

I should be able to finish up the screenshots tomorrow. 

12 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Naw, that would have made it too obvious.  La fée verte is only for the cognoscenti :)

:wink:

Edited by Just Jim

@Just Jim:

You know how dangerous it is for me to be grading papers all day long... the mind screams out in pain, looking for something to do. SO...earlier this evening, I got to thinking about how cheesy Kerny's favorite television show is in my fan-fic universe. And of course, we all know what television show those Kerbals have been caught watching while on missions - The Saga of Emiko Station!

So... a little about this video clip...

The images are all from @Just Jim's story that he let me borrow...although he had no idea what he was agreeing to. The music score was composed by me this evening (only took about ten minutes), and is called Fun in the Key of Kerbal. Yes, it is meant to sound campy, kinda dramatic at times, playful at others... I even threw in some explosion sound effects just to kinda have a little fun with it. I didn't upload it in HD - it would have taken too long to do - longer than I wanted to take tonight.

The music is licensed by me (adsii1970) under creative commons. <-- Legal requirement. :mad:

As I said... I kinda enjoyed throwing it together, but who knows... I may actually go back to it one day and revamp it... if y'all would want more of it, I can actually expand the video with little problem and can even add to the campy score, since music composition is one of my hobbies... :D

Edited by adsii1970

7 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

@Just Jim:

You know how dangerous it is for me to be grading papers all day long... the mind screams out in pain, looking for something to do. SO...earlier this evening, I got to thinking about how cheesy Kerny's favorite television show is in my fan-fic universe. And of course, we all know what television show those Kerbals have been caught watching while on missions - The Saga of Emiko Station!

So... a little about this video clip...

The images are all from @Just Jim's story that he let me borrow...although he had no idea what he was agreeing to. The music score was composed by me this evening (only took about ten minutes), and is called Fun in the Key of Kerbal. Yes, it is meant to sound campy, kinda dramatic at times, playful at others... I even threw in some explosion sound effects just to kinda have a little fun with it. I didn't upload it in HD - it would have taken too long to do - longer than I wanted to take tonight.

The music is licensed by me (adsii1970) under creative commons. <-- Legal requirement. :mad:

As I said... I kinda enjoyed throwing it together, but who knows... I may actually go back to it one day and revamp it... if y'all would want more of it, I can actually expand the video with little problem and can even add to the campy score, since music composition is one of my hobbies... :D

Oh wow... that is awesome!!!  I feel all sorts of campy today.... and that's a good thing!!!  Thank you!!!  :D

@Kuzzter  I'll be delighted to do one for you. But I dont want to derail this thread. Send me a pm...

@Geschosskopf  Thank you. I was trying to go for "playfully intense". Writing a song less than a minute and a quarter long is tough! I'm honored by your kindness...

Edited by adsii1970