The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

Sometimes, Dual, an author might find it useful to send a note that he's working and stuff is coming...not that we have any responsibility to, or that anyone should under any circumstances poke us when we do not, but yeah. 

Also, there are times when the comments get a little...out of hand, and an update from the author is a convenient reminder of what the thread is actually about :) 

28 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

And you can't thwart me because it's technically not evil!

Ah, but you can be thwarted, don't underestimate the power of oppressive moderators! :wink:

Anyway, all the best, @Just Jim, and hope you feel better soon.
I'm sure your loyal readers will be patient and not pester you for more story when they know that your health comes first. ;).

20 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Hurt his back. But I'm confused, because if he hurt his back, shouldn't sitting in one place for a long time help him?

That's... a very painful thing to do for many back injuries.

And now, back on topic :wink:

8 hours ago, Deddly said:

Ah, but you can be thwarted, don't underestimate the power of oppressive moderators! :wink:

Anyway, all the best, @Just Jim, and hope you feel better soon.
I'm sure your loyal readers will be patient and not pester you for more story when they know that your health comes first. ;).

Whoa, Who are you?

Who are you?

Who ah yoo?

Whoa, who is this kid, What's he gonna do?

Edited by obney kerman

Hey everyone, thanks for all the get wells soons. I'm sorry it's taking so long. 

For all the newer readers that might not have read thru the early comments, in a nutshell I broke my back a few years ago and it hasn't been right since. The technical term is a grade 1/2 Spondylolisthesis of the L5 vertebra. Simple translation, my bottom vertebra (and all the ones over it) is about 10mm forward and out of place. And all the discs and stuff around it are all squished and messed up. For the most part it's tolerable, but every now and then I turn or bend or move wrong and it goes all wacky. And unfortunately, like @Deddly rightly pointed out, when this happens I can't sit for very long. Mostly I lie in bed for a few days with a hot pad taking muscle relaxers until it decides to unlock itself.

So it's not as bad today, and I'm hoping it'll be back to normal... more or less... in a few more days. I hope... I want to get this next chapter written, I thought of a fun twist to add to it... :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

3 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Hey everyone, thanks for all the get wells soons. I'm sorry it's taking so long. 

For all the newer readers that might not have read thru the early comments, in a nutshell I broke my back a few years ago and it hasn't been right since. The technical term is a grade 1/2 Spondylolisthesis of the L5 vertebra. Simple translation, my bottom vertebra (and all the ones over it) is about 10mm forward and out of place. And all the discs and stuff around it are all squished and messed up. For the most part it's tolerable, but every now and then I turn or bend or move wrong and it goes all wacky. And unfortunately, like @Deddly rightly pointed out, when this happens I can't sit for very long. Mostly I lie in bed for a few days with a hot pad taking muscle relaxers until it decides to unlock itself.

So it's not as bad today, and I'm hoping it'll be back to normal... more or less... in a few more days. I hope... I want to get this next chapter written, I thought of a fun twist to add to it... :wink:

geez, man. Your a lot more devoted to your story than I am to mine. I slam into a tree skiing and hurt my arm and don't really work on my story at all. Here you are with a almost broken back and yet soldering on. that's really impressive. Wishing you a speedy recovery.:)

14 hours ago, Just Jim said:

If ur still so eager to write on (that would be great!) I MIGHT have got a way for u to try and write on while ur lying in bed: mount a monitor to the ceiling or have a beamer project the image on the ceiling, then use a program that turns ur voice input into text and on u go. Alternatively: Try if u can still type with the keyboard out of view, having it rest across ur legs. Or maybe, if that's more comfy, have the front of it rest on ur belly and support the rear with a pillow, so that it sits at an angle. Keys may be easier to reach that way.

Oh hey, I'm not going to quit writing this. I love writing, and I love my characters and the story, and I don't want to just give up, especially because of my stupid back. I've been putting up with it over 8 years, I won't let it win now. I just need a little more time to get things back to working order.

But to keep everyone happy, and guessing a little, here's a screenshot from the next chapter I took a few days ago, right before my back blew out. Something to make y'all go, "Hmmmm..."  :huh: 

Spoiler

AhFblzz.png

Edited by Just Jim

4 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Oh hey, I'm not going to quit writing this. I love writing, and I love my characters and the story, and I don't want to just give up, especially because of my stupid back. I've been putting up with it over 8 years, I won't let it win now. I just need a little more time to get things back to working order.

But to keep everyone happy, and guessing a little, here's a screenshot from the next chapter I took a few days ago, right before my back blew out. Something to make y'all go, "Hmmmm..."  :huh: 

Reveal hidden contents

AhFblzz.png

Looks nice! Landing field, Research lab, cool base!

EDIT: I see an asteroid...:0.0:

Edited by obney kerman