The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

1 minute ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

hmph. I do get to poke my readers, right? ;)

I MEAN YOU (you're actually only one of three to leave comments besides me so yeah)

If you’re going to poke me, don’t poke me about my mission report thread :)

19 minutes ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

hmph. I guess you have a point there. I do get to poke my editor though, right? @Salmon

No! I am disappointed in you! You betrayed me! I thought you were my fren!

On 3/19/2019 at 6:33 PM, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

Okay... now we're going to start pestering you for Volume 2! Do you think you could start by this summer?

I don't know. Right now I'm just focused on work.

What I thought of when I read the final few paragraphs, realizing this was the end...

Thank you, Jim. You're the reason I really got into writing stories- motivating me to become as popular as the great writers before me. Thank you for everything, friend. 

On 3/29/2019 at 5:45 AM, DarkOwl57 said:

What I thought of when I read the final few paragraphs, realizing this was the end...

Thank you, Jim. You're the reason I really got into writing stories- motivating me to become as popular as the great writers before me. Thank you for everything, friend. 

Yep... Both you and @adsii1970, @Just Jim inspired me to start writing my series!

On 3/28/2019 at 12:45 PM, DarkOwl57 said:

On 4/2/2019 at 12:47 AM, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

Yep... Both you and @adsii1970, @Just Jim inspired me to start writing my series!

Awwww... thank you, too!!!

I know I also speak for @adsii1970 when I say how much we love knowing we've inspired other's to start writing their own stories!!! I could not be more proud!!!!

Ironically enough, I haven't gone anywhere... I'm more involved with the game then ever... It's just little stuff y'all will probably never really see... But I'm still here, and I'm not going away anytime soon.  ;)

13 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Awwww... thank you, too!!!

I know I also speak for @adsii1970 when I say how much we love knowing we've inspired other's to start writing their own stories!!! I could not be more proud!!!!

Ironically enough, I haven't gone anywhere... I'm more involved with the game then ever... It's just little stuff y'all will probably never really see... But I'm still here, and I'm not going away anytime soon.  ;)

:) No one (besides @Salmon, but as the editor he has insider information) has figured out my two references, but one of the kerbals (the first pilot to launch) is actually named Jim after you! Still trying to figure out where I can work @adsii1970 in, but that's a hard name to either kerbalize or just insert!

29 minutes ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

:) No one (besides @Salmon, but as the editor he has insider information) has figured out my two references, but one of the kerbals (the first pilot to launch) is actually named Jim after you! Still trying to figure out where I can work @adsii1970 in, but that's a hard name to either kerbalize or just insert!

Yeah, @Just Jim is pretty easy to work in. And yes, I know adsii1970 is a little difficult to work into a story. I assure you when I chose that user name, it wasn't my intent. :)

I wanted to make it easy (back in the days of SimCity 3000) for folks to find me on game forums. So, I've used this user name since the mid 1990s. Now, I'm down to three game forums and Steam... And I still use the same user name and avatar.

I'm featured in Jim's Emiko Station as Professor d'Alain. You could just use Alain, the French spelling of my name and all will be good!

18 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Yeah, @Just Jim is pretty easy to work in. And yes, I know adsii1970 is a little difficult to work into a story. I assure you when I chose that user name, it wasn't my intent. :)

I wanted to make it easy (back in the days of SimCity 3000) for folks to find me on game forums. So, I've used this user name since the mid 1990s. Now, I'm down to three game forums and Steam... And I still use the same user name and avatar.

I'm featured in Jim's Emiko Station as Professor d'Alain. You could just use Alain, the French spelling of my name and all will be good!

wait... I MISSED A REFERENCE??? *crud* But man, to use a username almost as long as the internet has existed... the only two usernames that are the same for me are my Discord and the forum!

1 hour ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

wait... I MISSED A REFERENCE??? *crud* But man, to use a username almost as long as the internet has existed... the only two usernames that are the same for me are my Discord and the forum!

My email address, [email protected], is the address I created in 1994. I've used it ever since.  

Ugh, while my burnout was major, I became a Portal fan.

And now I read Thompberry's voice sporadically speeding up and slowing way down.

Anyway, amazing plot twists (that's plural.). Why do you make every chapter so poke-the-authory? Well, at least Book 1 is over.

(P.S. "Only take off neck-rings if someone's getting married. Great plot fixer. Consistent, too! The last marriage we had was on Minmus [ok that sounded wrong])

On 4/3/2019 at 9:22 PM, adsii1970 said:

On 4/4/2019 at 3:46 PM, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

Sorry. I should have answered this earlier, but needless to say, I've been kind of busy the last few days.  

But yes. @adsii1970 is Prof. d'Alain... who's fate is unknown... hehehe

On 4/6/2019 at 8:22 PM, HansonKerman said:

Why do you make every chapter so poke-the-authory?

Hmmm... I didn't think I was... but then again, I've always been a bit of a rebel, it's probably sneaking through without me realizing it.

On 4/6/2019 at 8:22 PM, HansonKerman said:

Only take off neck-rings if someone's getting married. Great plot fixer. Consistent, too!

Thanks... I actually thought long and hard about the neck rings, and how to make something like that work, and not seem just gratuitous.... When I came up with the idea for the wedding, removing the neck-rings seemed to fit nicely.

Edited by Just Jim

2 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Sure, that’s how it starts... and then before you know it we’ve got Kerbals streaking. :wacko:

Mmmmm - streaky kerbal. Is that anything like eggs and green ham, do you suppose?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.