[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

@komodo, @Jso Thank you for looking into this, guys! I came up with the number by just eyeballing the size, compared to stock. They're both roughly the size of two stock 0.625m tanks. I did notice that MP tank kept being more efficient, which is why I made the trident heavier, so I may just increase the capacity of the LFO tank a bit. Thanks! :D 

EIDT: I didn't get any modding time this evening, so I will try again tomorrow. Time feels like is running out!

Edited by akron

I just did another quick Github push.

• Tweaked tanks costs
  • Added fairing module to tanks
  • Reduced the Trident ISP to 255

Thank again @komodo for doing these configs.

I am still not sure what will be the best way to balance the LFO system. I can try adding more fuel to the tank and reducing the Lahar engine's mass. I didn't have enough time to test this during lunch so I decided to skip this for now until this evening.

~Cheers

EDIT: By the way, has anyone noticed weird part glitches when using the new stuff on existing active crafts? I have a hard time believing I didn't break anything

Edited by akron

I guess I am the king of multi-posts now...

New Github push. New textures. So @CobaltWolf encouraged me, repeatedly, to do another pass on stockish textures this was hard due to how the UVs were done even after the remake but I got a little something together. I came to realize that there is no way to do a one-size fits all paneling with detailed bits, but I did not want the 2nd attempt to go to waste. There is now a new stock-alike-ish gold and a grey panel. New CF textures due to the new UV arrangement as well as corresponding normals and speculars. Here is a quick low-quality GIF:

GttiCSD.gif

It looks better in-game. Unfortunately, I encountered a glitch that makes the textures black at most angles in space so no space screenshots. I am hoping that it is just me, so can someone test it and get back to me? I think it could also be a symptom of the conversion to DDS in preparation for the BETA 14 release. The price paid by better texture definition is more repetition and some seams. There are more things I can try, take a look and I can always revert back if needed or tweak it a little bit. I welcome you guys to stop by for tonight's Twitch stream at the usual Friday time of around 7:30p-8p EST.

If all goes well, There should be an official release in a couple of days. I appreciate everyone's feedback so I can make it a good one.

~Cheers

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I made a quick Munar Prospector sat (no relation to the real one, sorry) while I waited for my coffee.

STOP! *snip* time

Lovely mission you got there! What probe bus is that? I can't tell

Small update: I added the Road map to the Github Wiki and started working on laying out a plan for each BETA milestone. I realized that each one is very ambitious so they may get split into halves. We'll see. The first release of Ground Ops will be worked on alongside ProbesPlus BETA 15. Afterward I may alternate between the two or work simultaneously as things go. All things subject to change, but let me know what you think.

The Wiki will grow very quickly as I start adding parts info and lists.

Just now, akron said:

Lovely mission you got there! What probe bus is that? I can't tell

Small update: I added the Road map to the Github Wiki and started working on laying out a plan for each BETA milestone. I realized that each one is very ambitious so they may get split into halves. We'll see. The first release of Ground Ops will be worked on alongside ProbesPlus BETA 15. Afterward I may alternate between the two or work simultaneously as things go. All things subject to change, but let me know what you think.

The Wiki will grow very quickly as I start adding parts info and lists.

I was wondering if you'd be able to figure it out. :wink: It's a Barquetta with 2x Quetzal ESMs added in mirror symmetry, and rotated so the longer side of the trapezoid is facing inwards.

Nice, I am a maya user. I use to be pretty good at modeling, even teached it back when modeling and texturing were not neceserly done by the same guy. I didn't export much stuff to unity... Working in the movie industry. Intresting twitch, I might want do my own mod at some point.

3 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

Nice, I am a maya user. I use to be pretty good at modeling, even teached it back when modeling and texturing were not neceserly done by the same guy. I didn't export much stuff to unity... Working in the movie industry. Intresting twitch, I might want do my own mod at some point.

Id love to see it, mate. :wink:

I believe in you!

2 minutes ago, akron said:

I actually use Maya 2014

:0

2 hours ago, Drakenex said:

MARS EXPRESS

*AWESOMENESS*

Full Album Here

This is great! Sorry about the weird texture issue with the normal maps. I fixed it, but it took hours of fiddling and stopped me from getting real work done. I'll post a more detailed report tomorrow, but I'll leave you with the one new thing I did, a small radial-attached monopropellant tank:

QQfGkTe.png

Edited by akron

6 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

FYI, Scientists cannot observe pressure data from your Barometer while on EVA. If data is already there they can collect it, but cannot run the observation.

I think I fixed it, but it does strange things when resetting it. I probably need to understand DMagicScienceAnimate a little further. 

update

Sorry about the quietness, I had some stuff come up this weekend and the only things my computer did was host a Space Engineers map. I fixed the texture glitches as mentioned, got the monoprop bottle in-game, and did a lot of other balancing and changes. The quetzal antenna now has functioning micrometeoroid detectors. courtesy of BDB. The fuel tank naming convention changed so your crafts might break. Github has been updated

Again, last minute stuff before the next release. Please, please, please, let me know how things are playing and if there are any issues to resolve, Specially if you use AntennaRange or Remote Tech! Hopefully the foil textures are looking decent now. I look forward to feedback on how they work with other mods and stock. Thank you all for beta testing!

Work on Surveyor will begin soon.

~Cheers

Edited by akron

8 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

Akron, what is the correct name of the mod for patches? I tried NEEDS[Coatl Aerospace] but that doesn't work.

Found it, CoatlAerospace

I was just about to post it! Glad you got it