1.1 New Feature: Cutaway Interiors!

CalculusWarrior

On 11/03/2016 at 9:19 PM, pizzaoverhead said:

Here's another development tool that wasn't intentionally hidden:

NoThPrV.jpg

amazing! Squad has finally integrated a Dv reader!! they granted one of the bigest players wish!  :P

1 hour ago, Skalou said:

amazing! Squad has finally integrated a Dv reader!! they granted one of the bigest players wish!  :P

This is some sort of joke right?

The picture is referencing the heat/aerodynamics overlay. The Dv readout is from Kerbal Engineer.

I'm assuming you know that? If you are making a joke I must confess I'm not getting it at all.

26 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

This is some sort of joke right?

maybe,

but this guy in jet is going really fast to glowing as much red!!

and where can i download the wonderful blue big antenna? is it the the relay system? i want it !

an update of the forum emoticons could be great to...

On 3/9/2016 at 9:34 AM, regex said:

I'm still wondering what would actually be the point of that.  It doesn't really add anything to the game.

It does if you want full realism and have to manually move your kerbal from command pod to docked vessel, expecially if they give us some tubes and stuff or fuel tanks with internal passageways, or make all the not fuel equipped structural pieces double as passageways.  If you are going for a full IVA game, then being able to move from command pod of a docked ship, through the space station via passage tubes and into the science pod in order to relieve the kerbal there would make a lot of dreams come true, instead of the current method just click here, click there and bam your kerbals are relocated.

Edited by jedensuscg

3 minutes ago, tater said:

Moving kerbals manually is not "full realism," even though many against things being even slightly realistic would misrepresent realism this way. 

Well it would enforce not being able to transfer them through girders and fuel tanks, and make it obvious why it was impossible.

Not that I'm championing it, but it IS a point.

I agree with having passageways, for sure. I'm just saying those of us who call for "realism" are not asking to have to manually move each kerbal to the bathroom, or work their arms to feed them, etc ;) 

13 hours ago, Skalou said:

maybe,

but this guy in jet is going really fast to glowing as much red!!

and where can i download the wonderful blue big antenna? is it the the relay system? i want it !

an update of the forum emoticons could be great to...

Wow, I didn't even notice the new antennas!

But that isn't even the coolest thing...

Did you see they CHANGED JEB'S NAME TO BILL?!?!

with so much fun here i forgot to say what i wanted: :P

On 12/03/2016 at 10:15 AM, 5thHorseman said:

Disabling crew transfer (or any other kind of transfer) would be quite difficult, as the Claw links 2 ships into 1 as if you used docking ports. So, this Claw clone (Clawne?) would link the ships together as well.

And I for one wouldn't mind that. Crew transfer around ships already allows you to go through girders and the like, why not allow transferring through fuel lines? If it bothers you, either don't do it or just assume you're taking a shortcut to doing the busy work of getting out, clambering around, and getting into the other ship.

In fact it is already possible to limit this kind of  crew transfert,

this mod prove it:

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

How are people liking this now that its here?

vOv

I've used it once for a screenshot, no other real need for it.  Could take it or leave it.

3 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I like it, though I won't use it much.

I'd be much happier with it if there was a way to only have it happen to windows.

Actually it entirely depends on the model design. Stock models were designed to show cutaway. Some modders already made their pods and cockpits have only windows transparent with this feature on.

32 minutes ago, Enceos said:

Actually it entirely depends on the model design. Stock models were designed to show cutaway. Some modders already made their pods and cockpits have only windows transparent with this feature on.

Hm. If they're just defined areas maybe we can un-define them. And by "we" I mean someone who knows anything about how models work in Unity. :D

16 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Hm. If they're just defined areas maybe we can un-define them. And by "we" I mean someone who knows anything about how models work in Unity. :D

That's probably the task for Ven's Stock Part Revamp. Cutaway rules represent an overlay mesh with cuts in the model file. One will need to reimport the model into a 3D editor, tweak that mesh and do all the export procedures through Unity editor. Which is not a trivial task.

5 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I like it, though I won't use it much.

I'd be much happier with it if there was a way to only have it happen to windows.

Working on a new version of RPM transparent pods that does exactly that. It's about 95% complete

Edited by JPLRepo