Devnotes Tuesday: A week after the release!

SQUAD

1 hour ago, sal_vager said:

That looks to be the case, @Badie handles the dev notes and I believe she is also taking a break.

Maybe if we call her three times she'll appear, Beetlejuice style :)

But if she manages to find any of the devs to get any statements from isn't it's most likely that she'll only get snores and/or unpublishable, and possibly drunk, ramblings? :wink:

1 hour ago, Curveball Anders said:

But if she manages to find any of the devs to get any statements from isn't it's most likely that she'll only get snores and/or unpublishable, and possibly drunk, ramblings? :wink:

She might be the one that gives the unpublishable drunk ramblings, especially after being summoned Beetlejuice-style.

(Oops, that's twice. Can we handle both Badie and Beetlejuice at the sa... oh dear.)

Any news about console version. Could Squad have scrapped it? Because I think that it's way too late for any other excuses besides it being scrapped. 1.1 released 4 weeks ago, and no console version since. It would've taken at least 1 ~ 2 weeks after 1.1 release to make a console version. So, in simplest terms, either most likely the console version's been scrapped, or Squad delayed it for a excruciatingly long time from now.

5 minutes ago, FirstSecondThird said:

Any news about console version. Could Squad have scrapped it? Because I think that it's way too late for any other excuses besides it being scrapped. 1.1 released 4 weeks ago, and no console version since. It would've taken at least 1 ~ 2 weeks after 1.1 release to make a console version. So, in simplest terms, either most likely the console version's been scrapped, or Squad delayed it for a excruciatingly long time from now.

You may be underestimating the amount of work porting a game to a console is for an indie developer. There was never any indication that 1.1 (or any version) would go hand-in-hand with a console release. And just a few weeks ago they were talking about how things were going well in the porting.

Patience, in KSP as in life, is a virtue.

Sorry, I'm just used to game companies like EA. Squad's not like EA. At least Squad isn't money hungry like EA. KSP is worth the €34 I paid for access to it (34 Euro is 40 dollars in U.S). If EA were to make a game like this, they would charge 4x as much for a game like this. Plus, they make the games come out buggy and unplayable (ever heard of the SimCity disaster of 2013) no matter how much they delay it.

25 minutes ago, FirstSecondThird said:

The people to watch in terms of console availability would be Flying Tiger Entertainment, the console versions have been demoed extensively at recent conventions like GDC so definitely not cancelled

DrTurkey was also posting some time ago about getting the rating and console certifications finished

I think, the lower ability to patch issues (especially with the cost to certify deployments) they can't do it (mini-patches as-ready/when-ready) like with Steam, GOG or even their own store so there's probably a bigger delay to clear the known issues list because those patches end up costing significant dollars after release.

[Edit] They might even wait until 1.2 to make the console release after the asset pass and/or with Unity 5.3.x

Edited by NoMrBond

47 minutes ago, NoMrBond said:

They might even wait until 1.2 to make the console release after the asset pass and/or with Unity 5.3.x

As much as I'm loving 1.1, I can't wait to see what the new rocket parts look like after @Porkjet is finished with them.  After seeing the makeover process of the spaceplane parts in 0.25 and 0.90, I'm looking forward to it.  Not to mention @RoverDude's Antenna Range is *planned* for 1.2 as well; huge gameplay mechanic there.

On 4/27/2016 at 11:32 AM, GeneCash said:

Can you imagine getting out of your ship on Val, climbing down the ladder, and looking up at Jool in VR?

That's the stuff dreams are made of! It would be amazing!

On 4/27/2016 at 11:32 AM, GeneCash said:

I'm still burned by buying a $250 3DConnexion Space Mouse and KSP still not supporting it on anything other than Windows.

I have one too, and you can make it work! Mostly, that is. What I did was bind each axis to a key, for camera movement. It works better than I expected, you should try it too!

2 hours ago, mattinoz said:

It's almost Thursday here so I'm thinking no Tuesday devote. 

Squad is on vacation for another week, so I don't even think we'll have one next week either. But the week after that, we ought to get something.

Since we haven't had DevNotes for two weeks, allow me to paraphrase the usual DevNotes:

1.  We did some stuff.

2.  We did some other stuff, but it's a secret, so we can't tell you.

3.  Ted is working with the QA team.

4.  ________________ is out this week working on finals for college/university/trade school/hair dresser college/etc...

I think that about sums it up.

3 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

Since we haven't had DevNotes for two weeks, allow me to paraphrase the usual DevNotes:

1.  We did some stuff.

4.  ________________ is out this week working on finals for college/university/trade school/hair dresser college/etc...

First!

I'm really glad to hear that the new secret feature is being implemented. It's something I've wanted for a while.

Good luck, @________________ ! I had to do the same thing too, a bit ago. It's hard, but you can do it!

Finally, and most importantly... where's the poem?!?

12 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Not on Windows, I take it?

No, gaming (except KSP) is way down the list of consideration when it comes to me buying computing equipment.

Still the analogue solution seems to be working ok.

7 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

1.  We did some stuff.

Blank = Everyone?

19 hours ago, Commander Jebidiah said:

I don't know how your all having so much issues with the wheels because I've never bad any problem with them, infact now I can land planes.

I was quite surprised when I slammed a plane down on the island runway and nothing broke!

On 5/12/2016 at 2:26 AM, Commander Jebidiah said:

I don't know how your all having so much issues with the wheels because I've never bad any problem with them, infact now I can land planes.

It seems to be intermittent, some people don't have trouble with it, some people do.  I've gone back to 1.0.5 because 1.1 is overly broken.  My planes are in the grass blowing up before they can reach flight speed because the wheels don't go straight and steering is ridiculously loose.

Edited by Alshain

On 05/04/2016 at 11:04 PM, 5thHorseman said:

You may be underestimating the amount of work porting a game to a console is for an indie developer. There was never any indication that 1.1 (or any version) would go hand-in-hand with a console release. And just a few weeks ago they were talking about how things were going well in the porting.

Patience, in KSP as in life, is a virtue.

Squad are not making the console port though..

I hope there will be a dev notes this Tuesday even if its just to say were back and fixing all those game breaking bugs.

On 05/12/2016 at 9:26 AM, Commander Jebidiah said:

Most helpful comment ever. :D

Edited by Majorjim

I hope the Devs are really using their vacation to full capacity and spend time with their spouses or family.

I bet that there isn't a devnote on this tuesday because of vacation and christian holyday.

Only one more week of forced vacation before I'm allowed to go back to work "Emjoi: relieved face"

KasperVld (@KasperVld) https://twitter.com/KasperVld/status/731573011233574913 14. Mai 2016

Of course squad is making the console port even if their direct programmers aren't coding on these specific versions. The project has to be supervised. Somebody needs to be the interface. Also i assume that bug hunting and QA has to be done together. Than there is the (promised) graphical overhaul which -in my opinion- can only work out with the programmers of the console verions together

Edited by KroShan
KasperVId twitter formating

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.