[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

5 hours ago, NemesisBosseret said:

Thanks, I discover why you can't get the extra ground station.

Spoiler

xKW1xYK.jpg

It is because you didn't include the optional SETIremoteTechConfig mod. :wink:

Please stick to RT 1.8.0 for while because we broke the function of third-party mod interaction in RT 1.8.1 and are fixing it.

40 minutes ago, NemesisBosseret said:

@TaxiService it was working before I updated kss and korpinicous     should I just reinstall seti?

The thing is I check the files of KSS and Kopernicus and find nothing cfg related to the extra ground stations. :-/ I am puzzled at why it was working before KSS and Kopernicus updates when there was no SETIremoteTechConfig mod that adds the extra ground stations.

Anyway, you can reinstall the SETI and perhaps add SETIremoteTechConfig as well.

I guess you may have to reinstall RT and SETI to just be sure.

(It is getting late for me. Best wish to you on the reinstallation)

Edited by TaxiService

I'll attempted it when I get home from work,   all I did was updated kss and korpinicous ,   and boom got zero ground stations,   got Solar power back but no comms at all when before I had the default ksp comms station and no Solar power.    I'm baffled,  does kss or korpinicous effect ksc ground stations at all?     did I screw something basic up?     just trying to get these mods all to work right is like attempting world peace lol

I reinstalled RT 1.8.0  last night but nothing ,  I'll try to reinstall all the seti mods and theven ground station one to see if it works when I get home from work

9 hours ago, TaxiService said:

Please stick to RT 1.8.0 for while because we broke the function of third-party mod interaction in RT 1.8.1 and are fixing it.

Please know RT 1.8.1 also broke stock CommNet functionality, so you may wish to check it gets fixed as well. All was working right in RT 1.8.0, but with 1.8.1 need to have RT active to control probes; CommNet always shows lack of control whatever the settings in RT 1.8.1 start options.

@TaxiService

I m only back at the pc where ksp is installed at the end of the week, so I can not test it at the moment.

About the order of MM patches:

The standard MM ordering described in its wiki is only useful for a very small number of known mods working on the same values. It does not work well for multiple mods, especially if a mod author does not know all the other ones (eg because they do not exist yet).

Therefore the zz, zzzz scheme outlined in my post is highly recommended. With that one, mod authors only have to keep track of other mods working on the same z level. Which is easier because many same level mods are mutually exclusive to begin with and the ones that are not usually adjust for that anyway (eg NewHorizons, OuterPlanets). The double z spacing offers modularity for the future.

With regards to the test config, it needs an additional line to delete the existing ground stations before filling in the new ones, in order to not double the Mission Control entry or create other issues with it (I can not test at the moment, but that should do it, included in line 3: "!GroundStations,* {}"):

@RemoteTechSettings:FOR[TestMod]{
    %EnableSignalDelay = False
	!GroundStations,* {}
    GroundStations
    {
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488
            Name = Mission Control
            Latitude = -0.131331503391266
            Longitude = -74.594841003418
            Height = 100
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0,0,1
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 9E+11
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc489
            Name = KSC Northern Control
            Latitude = 19.65
            Longitude = -77.4
            Height = 3200
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc490
            Name = KSC NE Island
            Latitude = 5.7
            Longitude = -61.28
            Height = 1320
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc491
            Name = Eastern Peninsula
            Latitude = 3.15
            Longitude = -37.35
            Height = 1980
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.4,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 9E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc492
            Name = Eastern Mountains
            Latitude = -2.6
            Longitude = 1.5
            Height = 4400
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.4,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 9E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc493
            Name = Central Continent
            Latitude = 0.4
            Longitude = 56.2
            Height = 2450
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.4,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 9E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc494
            Name = Far Eastern Mountains
            Latitude = -6.6
            Longitude = 113.6
            Height = 6500
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.4,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 9E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc495
            Name = Far Eastern Peninsula
            Latitude = -5.4
            Longitude = 141.9
            Height = 380
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc496
            Name = Crater Mountain Ridge
            Latitude = 1.19
            Longitude = -175.5
            Height = 5900
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.4,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 9E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc497
            Name = Desert
            Latitude = 2.25
            Longitude = -131.8
            Height = 3330
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.4,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 9E+06
                }
            }
        }
        STATION
        {
            Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc498
            Name = KSC Mountains
            Latitude = -0.1
            Longitude = -79.72
            Height = 5450
            Body = 1
            MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
            Antennas
            {
                ANTENNA
                {
                    Omni = 1E+06
                }
            }
        }
    }
} 

@NemesisBosseret

In the example config above, the stations have the line "Body = 1", as do the ones in the SETIremoteTechConfig. I have no idea why or how Kopernicus interacts with that. Since your screenshots have a "Kerbin" as well, that looks like an issue with kopernicus or the the solar system mods you have installed.

1 minute ago, NemesisBosseret said:

@Yemo 

Kerbin ID is set to 101 but RT ignores this when I try to patch config.       I'm trying to figure out with why and playing with it,   it's like it's only seeing the sun

Note that SETIremoteTechConfig is outdated at the moment and might need some more fixes. Did you edit that one directly? Not sure if MM patches work at the moment.

I've tried both 1.8.0 RT stock and seti ,    both don't work but RT worked before,   I think it has to do with the flightindexid number

I'm tempted to just delete the index id from the config on the planet pack and try that

3 minutes ago, Yemo said:

Note that SETIremoteTechConfig is outdated at the moment and might need some more fixes. Did you edit that one directly? Not sure if MM patches work at the moment.

I can upload the kerbin korpinicous config if you want to see it,   I've just been trying to get this dang thing to work for days now.    first had a solar panel bug with korpinicous ,  once that gets fixed RT don't work       ugh

3 hours ago, NemesisBosseret said:

I've tried both 1.8.0 RT stock and seti ,    both don't work but RT worked before,   I think it has to do with the flightindexid number

I'm tempted to just delete the index id from the config on the planet pack and try that

I can upload the kerbin korpinicous config if you want to see it,   I've just been trying to get this dang thing to work for days now.    first had a solar panel bug with korpinicous ,  once that gets fixed RT don't work       ugh

I have a bug that looks some what close to you, I have Galileo's planet pack, although I see my ground stations on the home planet, but take a look at the picture

4454e77e028d44e4a943b2a5a2cb3ff9.png

as you see, there is a sat with antena on the 200 Km orbit, normally in previous versions I would have connection using the same setup to the ground stations, but as you see, in this picture, there is no connection line showing up, also, the ground station don't show it's range as it should be. not sure what is going on and would it be the kopernicus/RT talking to each other as a problem or is it a pure RT 1.8.1 problem

5 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

I have a bug that looks some what close to you, I have Galileo's planet pack, although I see my ground stations on the home planet, but take a look at the picture

4454e77e028d44e4a943b2a5a2cb3ff9.png

as you see, there is a sat with antena on the 200 Km orbit, normally in previous versions I would have connection using the same setup to the ground stations, but as you see, in this picture, there is no connection line showing up, also, the ground station don't show it's range as it should be. not sure what is going on and would it be the kopernicus/RT talking to each other as a problem or is it a pure RT 1.8.1 problem

That's a 1.8.1 issue ,  go back to 1.8.0

My issue was different,  I had issues where the planet pack had a confusing load sequence with single and triple digits ,  and had to configure remote Tech accordingly   and I had to mess with the planet pack configs,   tomorrow I'll tell the mod maker to the planet pack  what I found because he or she is sleeping right now.   I might help him/her make a patch for it.

Edited by NemesisBosseret

2 hours ago, NemesisBosseret said:

My issue was different,  I had issues where the planet pack had a confusing load sequence with single and triple digits ,  and had to configure remote Tech accordingly   and I had to mess with the planet pack configs,   tomorrow I'll tell the mod maker to the planet pack  what I found because he or she is sleeping right now.   I might help him/her make a patch for it.

It sounds like you found the source of this mess that was caused by the planet pack, not our RemoteTech. Best wishes on this.

1 hour ago, TaxiService said:

It sounds like you found the source of this mess that was caused by the planet pack, not our RemoteTech. Best wishes on this.

It was all three actually ,  I had to redo all the configs ,   korpinicous configs and RT and Seti ground stations configs.    don't be surprised if other planet pack/korpinicous users come in crying that remote Tech don't work.    it all has to do with the load order of the planets and where remote Tech applies it's ground station.    

kerbin doesn't always = body=1    

And the index for the planet in korpinicous doesn't = it's loading order number, it's just a value that helps ksp pick the right order,   unlabeled/non indexed get placed 1 some times.      total friken nightmare but right now as far as my testing/ play thru has gone it's stable and all works

3 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

@TaxiService  Question, what happen if a stock transmitter is not replaced by a RemoteTech Module? Will it still be able to transmit science?

Yes, this is what happened in RT 1.8.0. We didn't change stock antennas in any way until we started add our own modules to them in RT 1.8.1.

But I think we are going to mess with the stock antennas' modules in RT 2.x

3 minutes ago, TaxiService said:

Yes, this is what happened in RT 1.8.0. We didn't change stock antennas in any way until we started add our own modules to them in RT 1.8.1.

But I think we are going to mess with the stock antennas' modules in RT 2.x

Great, than make sure that at least everything that was possible before, should remain possible

For next version I have some additional ideas. One in particular idea is about the effect wavelength a transmitter can trnamit and receive, they are not always compatile. For expple a long distance trnamitter might use infrared light to trnamit message, but this can only be received by receivers that are sensitive in the infrared bandwidth.

Edited by FreeThinker

8 hours ago, NemesisBosseret said:

That's a 1.8.1 issue ,  go back to 1.8.0

interesting, two things :

I went back to 1.8.0-11-dev still i get this :

3be519539b844d4e9bcf64116dc417a2.png

why is it still saying 1.8.1? and i got this on a new world generation and i had deleted and reextracted the remote tech folder, so why?

and still i don't have the connection !!!!

58 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

interesting, two things :

I went back to 1.8.0-11-dev still i get this :

3be519539b844d4e9bcf64116dc417a2.png

why is it still saying 1.8.1? and i got this on a new world generation and i had deleted and reextracted the remote tech folder, so why?

and still i don't have the connection !!!!

I advise not to use any pre-release package because it often contains unfinished features (just like this label 1.8.1) or present bugs. 

Edited by TaxiService

52 minutes ago, TaxiService said:

I advise not to use any pre-release package because it often contains unfinished features (just like this label 1.8.1) or present bugs. 

well, i even tried 1.8.0-14 but still the same problem on the situation, the config shows 1.8.1 and no connection ! is RT setting something somewhere other than the save directory and game data? in other words, no matter what version and what name for save game i use now, in that instance of ksp, I get 1.8.1 settings window !