[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

3 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

well, i even tried 1.8.0-14 but still the same problem on the situation, the config shows 1.8.1 and no connection ! is RT setting something somewhere other than the save directory and game data? in other words, no matter what version and what name for save game i use now, in that instance of ksp, I get 1.8.1 settings window !

Hmmm, I looked at your initial description of the bug again. You are right that your bug is the same bug @NemesisBosseret had (patch conflicts among RT, kopernicus, planet packs). Contact him to ask how he corrected his own bug (something setting the correct values).

If not, please file a bug report to our GitHub and upload the required files. It is difficult to determine the exact problem without those files. Thanks!

42 minutes ago, TaxiService said:

Hmmm, I looked at your initial description of the bug again. You are right that your bug is the same bug @NemesisBosseret had (patch conflicts among RT, kopernicus, planet packs). Contact him to ask how he corrected his own bug (something setting the correct values).

If not, please file a bug report to our GitHub and upload the required files. It is difficult to determine the exact problem without those files. Thanks!

by required files, what do you need to be provided? The thing is that my instance is heavily modded and there are 4 planet packs there :D but i assume with latest version of kopernicus + Galileo's planet pack + RT, you should be able to reproduce the problem on your side because Galileo's planet pack removes kerbin totally and adds his own home land planet and right from start you would see the issue with any sort of ground station settings being provided :D

I'm testing out an older kopernicus config called Harder Solar System. It can be found here:

It is supposed to add a few ground stations for RT, as as moving the KSC. The KSC and tracking station appear to move just fine, but I don't see any of the other ground stations in the tracking center on a sandbox game. 

Here is the relevant bit of the .cfg

// Needed for RemoteTech Compatibility. No data from stevehead's version is changed. Testing in progress.
RemoteTechSettings
{
	ConsumptionMultiplier = 1
	RangeMultiplier = 1
	ActiveVesselGuid = 35b89a0d664c43c6bec8d0840afc97b2
	SpeedOfLight = 3E+08
	MapFilter = Omni, Dish, Path
	EnableSignalDelay = True
	RangeModelType = Standard
	MultipleAntennaMultiplier = 0
	ThrottleTimeWarp = True
	ThrottleZeroOnNoConnection = True
	HideGroundStationsBehindBody = False
	DishConnectionColor = 0.9960784,0.7019608,0.03137255,1
	OmniConnectionColor = 0.5529412,0.5176471,0.4078431,1
	ActiveConnectionColor = 0.6588235,1,0.01568628,1
	GroundStations
	{
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488
			Name = Mission Control
			Latitude = 28.608389
			Longitude = -19.7
			Height = 75
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 0.996078,0,0,1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 7.5E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc489
			Name = DSN 1
			Latitude = 0.1538
			Longitude = 40.4517
			Height = 1300
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1E+12
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc48a
			Name = DSN 2
			Latitude = -10.4810
			Longitude = 160.3784
			Height = 400
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1E+12
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc48b
			Name = DSN 3
			Latitude = 7.3389
			Longitude = -69.7412
			Height = 200
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1E+12
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc48c
			Name = Polar Launch Station
			Latitude = -42.1875
			Longitude = -18.8965
			Height = 600
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1E+06
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc48d
			Name = Eastward Launch Station
			Latitude = 29.0698
			Longitude = 12.6123
			Height = 1200
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1E+06
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

Does anyone have any clues as to why this isn't working?

3 minutes ago, Errol said:

I'm testing out an older kopernicus config called Harder Solar System. It can be found here:

It is supposed to add a few ground stations for RT, as as moving the KSC. The KSC and tracking station appear to move just fine, but I don't see any of the other ground stations in the tracking center on a sandbox game. 

Here is the relevant bit of the .cfg

// Needed for RemoteTech Compatibility. No data from stevehead's version is changed. Testing in progress.
RemoteTechSettings
{
	ConsumptionMultiplier = 1
	RangeMultiplier = 1
	ActiveVesselGuid = 35b89a0d664c43c6bec8d0840afc97b2
	SpeedOfLight = 3E+08
	MapFilter = Omni, Dish, Path
	EnableSignalDelay = True
	RangeModelType = Standard
	MultipleAntennaMultiplier = 0
	ThrottleTimeWarp = True
	ThrottleZeroOnNoConnection = True
	HideGroundStationsBehindBody = False
	DishConnectionColor = 0.9960784,0.7019608,0.03137255,1
	OmniConnectionColor = 0.5529412,0.5176471,0.4078431,1
	ActiveConnectionColor = 0.6588235,1,0.01568628,1
	GroundStations
	{
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488
			Name = Mission Control
			Latitude = 28.608389
			Longitude = -19.7
			Height = 75
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 7.5E+07
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc489
			Name = DSN 1
			Latitude = 0.1538
			Longitude = 40.4517
			Height = 1300
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1E+12
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc48a
			Name = DSN 2
			Latitude = -10.4810
			Longitude = 160.3784
			Height = 400
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1E+12
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc48b
			Name = DSN 3
			Latitude = 7.3389
			Longitude = -69.7412
			Height = 200
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1E+12
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc48c
			Name = Polar Launch Station
			Latitude = -42.1875
			Longitude = -18.8965
			Height = 600
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1E+06
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc48d
			Name = Eastward Launch Station
			Latitude = 29.0698
			Longitude = 12.6123
			Height = 1200
			Body = 1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1E+06
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

Does anyone have any clues as to why this isn't working?

"Body = 1" might not work if planet pack moves planets around.

Guys if ur trying to make RT or seti RT ground stations to work.    you have to go thru all korpinicous planets vanilla and add on and figure out ur load order    flightindex =1 means that is ur first one loaded    any number of a higher value will load after, if not indexed it will load randomly First ,    you should assign an index number to non indexed planets,   once you know the physical order ie flight index for sun = 1   kerbin = 55,   random next planet =58

You know the order,     kerbin  would be 2 which means body on RT config would be 2        you gotta play with it to figure it out    if it's spawning on a different planet (uncheck both ground stations hidden from view and distance so they are always visible and you will see them from the tracking station) then you know you screwed something up, change the body value until it's right, and or change index number like I did and set kerbin to 2

* if you are trying to save a current saved game this could break ur save.*

*if using seti multiple ground station like RT mods you have to change the body# on each ground station.*

I'm struggling to understand. Can I just add a flightindex line to each ground station to assign index numbers?

EDIT: Figured it out. I didn't have the HSS cfg enabled correctly in the RT settings.

EDIT: Now I'm having similar trouble to @Jiraiyah and @Nemesis bosseret. Can't seem to get a connection to a probe core on the launch pad. I see red dots on the map for ground stations all over the planet, as per the hardersolarsystem config I'm using.

Edited by Errol

@Errol, @Jiraiyah, @Nemesis bosseret

So far, I read multiple reports of yours on the Kopernicus and planet-package dependencies. It is pretty clear that there are patch conflicts when Kopernicus/planet packages were trying to patch our RemoteTech 1.8.1 (like Body=1).

I apology for your trouble because RemoteTech 1.8.0 and earlier versions (as far as Sept 2015) did not have any precedence order for third-party RT tweaks when building up overall settings from our own settings and these tweaks. In RT 1.8.1, I tried to fix this setting feature when dealing with the filed reports of setting override/conflicts, accidentally disabling the function of third-party mod interactions. But cheer up, Yemo (SETI developer) and I had long discussions on a better and safer approach of using MM-patches (precedence order, necessary values instead of full settings) to deliver tweaks directly to our RT settings instead of our current but old approach of reading static RemoteTech_Settings.cfg from third-party mods.

Our RT develop branch already has the implementation of this MM-patch approach (I tested it with my very own MM patch of disabling signal delay and adding extra ground stations successfully). Along with new fixes to the few urgent issues reported, RT 1.8.2 should be out in next few days. I will add a new page to our online manual on this MM-patch approach and explain how a modder should convert his/her RemoteTech_Settings.cfg to a MM patch.

Edited by TaxiService

2 minutes ago, TaxiService said:

@Errol, @Jiraiyah, @Nemesis bosseret

So far, I read multiple reports of yours on the Kopernicus and planet-package dependencies. It is pretty clear that there are patch conflicts when Kopernicus/planet packages were trying to patch our RemoteTech 1.8.1 (like Body=1).

I apology for your trouble because RemoteTech 1.8.0 and earlier version did not have any precedence order for third-party RT tweaks when building up overall settings from our own settings and these tweaks. In RT 1.8.1, I tried to fix this setting feature when dealing with the filed reports of setting override/conflicts, accidentally disabling the function of third-party mod interactions. But cheer up, Yemo (SETI developer) and I had long discussions on a better and safer approach of using MM-patches (precedence order, necessary values instead of full settings) to deliver tweaks directly to our RT settings instead of our current but old approach of reading static RemoteTech_Settings.cfg from third-party mods.

Our RT develop branch already has the implementation of this MM-patch approach (I tested it with my very own MM patch of disabling signal delay and adding extra ground stations successfully). Along with new fixes to the few urgent issues reported, RT 1.8.2 should be out in next few days. I will add a new page to our online manual on this MM-patch approach and explain how a modder should upgrade his/her RemoteTech_Settings.cfg to a MM patch.

Cheers. I never bothered with these sort of bugs, when something new is coming out, it means ksp and mods are getting better. take your time, we all appreciate your efforts

I have problem. If RemoteTech installed, impossile complete unmanned probe stock missions! When i accept new mission to launch new unmanned probe(with antenna) in mission control building, create new probe and launch its to orbit, mission is not achieve. Because not complete requirement "Create new unmanned probe with antenna". Installed on probe antennas with RT - is not antennas, required to meet the condition! Help my! What to do, to RT antennas was considered as antenna for missions condition?

16 minutes ago, rebel-1 said:

I have problem. If RemoteTech installed, impossile complete unmanned probe stock missions! When i accept new mission to launch new unmanned probe(with antenna) in mission control building, create new probe and launch its to orbit, mission is not achieve. Because not complete requirement "Create new unmanned probe with antenna". Installed on probe antennas with RT - is not antennas, required to meet the condition! Help my! What to do, to RT antennas was considered as antenna for missions condition?

We tracked the problem and a working patch was already pushed. The patch release is scheduled for 1.8.2 (in a few days).

Yesterday I found this one:

Now I'm wondering about the compatibility with RT, because:

• all bodies have been replaced (no Kerbin an no Sun)
  • the system is about 6 times the size (antenna range, speed of light)
  • KSC is not on the equator

Has anyone tested this already?

Edited by Nobody6

16 minutes ago, Nobody6 said:

It's a safe bet that you'll have problems. Read back this thread a bit and you'll notice what sort of trouble people have with RT and copernicus for example. I'm sure you can fix it yourself but will need to figure ID for Gael and use that as bodyID for the ground station.

Antenna ranges would of course need to be tweaked as well unless you want to be really hardcore (There probably are configs for 6X solar system somewhere).

6 hours ago, NemesisBosseret said:

@TaxiService good to hear,   I was actually trying to figure out if it's possible to use ksc as a reference point instead of body=1,   or just pinning it to kerbin , that way you don't have to worry about assigning it to the planetary body being correct

Each body of the stock kerbol system has unique ID between 0 and 16 inclusively (source). Basically, modders, not just us, follow the Squad's one-step method of identifying. Also, we don't want to pin permanently to the kerbin body as modders want to modify our body ID for their mods.

10 hours ago, Nobody6 said:

• KSC is not on the equator

Yes I have tested it, either for time being, use the 1.8.0 first release and wait for the 1.8.2 release or ask the developers on how you can add ground stations with the new test release and tweak the settings yourself :wink:

On 11/23/2016 at 8:24 AM, Jiraiyah said:

well, i even tried 1.8.0-14 but still the same problem on the situation, the config shows 1.8.1 and no connection ! is RT setting something somewhere other than the save directory and game data? in other words, no matter what version and what name for save game i use now, in that instance of ksp, I get 1.8.1 settings window !

When you reverted to the earlier version, did you delete your MM cache files?

@Nobody6 you will have problems like I did,   you will have to modify the RT configs urself.    first you gotta figure out which ever the ksc planet is at on the load order, then change body= (#) to the correct number on ur RT config,   next ur going to have to change the GPS of the lat and long to match where ur ksc is at(which you will find in that planets config file)    if ur using seti ground stations will need to repeat this process for each ground station.

@TaxiService just curious where you a comms guy in the military? lol because that would explain why I understand this stuff so well because I was

29 minutes ago, NemesisBosseret said:

@Nobody6 you will have problems like I did,   you will have to modify the RT configs urself.    first you gotta figure out which ever the ksc planet is at on the load order, then change body= (#) to the correct number on ur RT config,   next ur going to have to change the GPS of the lat and long to match where ur ksc is at(which you will find in that planets config file)    if ur using seti ground stations will need to repeat this process for each ground station.

It wasn't that big of a problem. Body ID thanksfully was still 1, and I could use a probe core in a sandbox game to get the coordinates (however, I messed up the calculation with a sign error, because west is negative). And i hope using the root model and some antenna addition (I choose 0.4) should take care of most range problems.

My biggest problem was changing the color of the ground stations, which took me a dozed or so restarts to figure out.

18 hours ago, NemesisBosseret said:

just curious where you a comms guy in the military? lol because that would explain why I understand this stuff so well because I was

No, I am not but I did a lot (and lot) of academic and technical writing in a college. :P

wUljsFo.png

RemoteTech 1.8.2 for KSP 1.2.1 released

This release contains the fixes to the few issues popped up in RT 1.8.1.

What are fixed:
Module Manager patches modify RT default settings. (New manual page)
Satellite or space station contracts can be accepted or fulfilled.
CommNet is permanently disabled by RemoteTech until RT 2.0 integration

Complete changelog is below (include future plans and a warning):

Spoiler

What's New?
===========

* Switched to MM-patched default settings. Player's existing save settings are not affected.
     - Please see: http://remotetechnologiesgroup.github.io/RemoteTech/modders/settings/
* Fixed a problem with contracts (requiring an antenna to be present on a vessel) that couldn't be fulfilled.
* Removed the interface option to enable/disable CommNet and RemoteTech due to the module conflict. CommNet is disabled permanently.

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

* Issue #701: Power and Antenna parts not recognized for contract generation [requested by: symmeclept]
* Issue #703: CommNet still disabled despite enabling CommNet in RT settings [requested by: diomedea, KSP-TaxiService]

Pull Requests
-------------

None

Future
======

We are already moving to make the next RT major release. Issues and feedbacks are still welcome!

Next Major Release
------------------

Dubbed RT v2.x

* Currently implemented features will stay as is (probably with some tweaks) unless we receive different feedbacks from the community.
* We are currently gathering the feedbacks made on the forum and our bugtracker on github to add feature requests to the 2.x branch.

Planned features
------------------

A call to vote will be made soon for features to be implemented in RT 2.0.

Hopefully, there aren't any more bugs found. If you find any bugs, please report them on our github (as it is hard to keep track of bugs here). Feedback is also welcome for the next release, here or on this github post.

Lastly, this is the last release of the 1.x branch and we are already working on the 2.x. We, however, will fix any urgent issue found in RT 1.x branch, that ruins your adventure.

Enjoy!

(I am contacting the planet developers on the RT's changed approach of MM patches)

Edited by TaxiService

A Call to vote for RemoteTech features in RT 2.x

Now RT 1.8.2 is released and the fact that we already started to work on RT 2.0, we'd like to get some feedback.

We have a dedicated page for feature requests in the up-coming RemoteTech v2.0. We'd simply like some feedback from the community about what you would really like to see implemented.

Note that some feature (not present in the above list) will be de facto implemented (Porting RT over CommNet, Making a modular version of RT and a complete overhaul of the Flight Computer)

How to vote?

Thanks to @cyberpunkdreams you can go to the following form: https://goo.gl/forms/GlSuxkNSGvenmkRg2

I'd like to see something else implemented which is not in the list, what do I do?

Please open an issue on our github issue tracker explaining what you would like to see implemented. This will get added to this ballot paper and our feature request recap page.

I'd like to see something implemented which is already in the list but isn't exactly 100% similar to the original request, what do I do?

Go to the related issue on our  github issue tracker and explain what are the differences you would like to see implemented in contrast of the original issue description. This will be added to the recap page.

Do all the features in this list will get implemented?

We don't know. There are some feature requests that we like very much and some less. Nonetheless, we'll implement the feature requests that have been the most upvoted by the community.

When does the vote close?

A month should be enough. And even when it's closed, you'll still be able to comment on our issue tracker.

From the whole RT team, thank you very much for your time! :D 

Edited by neitsa
Add google form