My farewell to Kerbal Space Program

HarvesteR

Thanks so much for creating one of the most fun games I've ever played! I'm playing games for almost 20 years now, and few managed to keep me hooked for such a long time, probably dropped more than a thousand hours into KSP.

Wanting to move on after 5 years is understandable. There are always millions of things you could add to the game, as the modding community constantly proves, but the game is indeed in a complete state.

So good luck on your future endeavours!

Best of luck in your next endeavor Felipe.

I'm proud to have been there to see the develpment of your dream-game from the early stages onward.

Sad to see you leave the KSP team, but life goes on and new prospects loom over the horizon, so grab them and don't let go.

HarvesteR, thanks you for everything you put into this game.  It's brilliant, and so must you be.  I owe you a pile of beer, if ever our paths should meet.  Best of success in the future, may your orbital path be forever clear and without too many explosions...

Bye Harvest/Felipe... You will be missed. You will keep an eye on the forums and swing by to say hi once in awhile, right? :wink:

My space agency will hold a farewell ceremony for you, complete with explodey things, SRBs and a speech by Jeb.

On my Duna landing I just did, I set up a tribute to you. It looks like  a bunch of TNT. On my next mission I plan to blow it up, preserving your memory forever in an awesome-looking fireball explosion.

thank you for this world that is now my obsession.

Edited by The Thyroid Man

Sad to see you go, although completely understandable. You have given thousands if not millions of people the chance to explore the big old mysterious place we call space. You have given us a game which I am sure will be played until computers are considered obsolete (and even then, I'm sure there will be a mod for that :wink:).

For whatever your future plans and projects may be, I wish you the best of luck!

Just always remember, if you're ever adrift in space, low on electric charge, fuel, motivation and most importantly, snacks! You will always have this community to give you a gravity assist to swing you back home :)! We will always have your back, no matter mission!

Thank you for everything you have done! Keep burning prograde! :cool:

I am something of a latecomer to KSP, having just started playing a year or so ago, but I have been following development for close to 3 years.

While this is something of a sad moment, it's also exciting news. @HarvesteR, you've got a hell of a mind to come up with this game initially and to have guided it through it's infancy and adolescence to mature into the program it is today. A game without parallel, KSP is so much more than a game. It's a gateway to science and technology concepts that many young people today never experience because it's not considered "necessary" in the current education system. My niece and nephew have become interested in spaceflight because of this game. My nephew has actually turned his science grades around and has started taking pilot lessons, something that would have been totally out of character for him a few years ago. He wants to get a job with one of the burgeoning civilian space companies when he gets out of high school and the military/college. That is all thanks to KSP. 

While it is sad to see this, and something of an end of an era for KSP, it's also exciting. I can't wait to see what you come up with next, HarvesteR. Farewell for now.

So, long and thanks for all the fish! :D

Seriously though, thank you Felipe for such a fun, charming game, that taught me a lot about physics, and ignited a love of all things space! I wish you all the best, and good luck in whatever your next venture may be.

This is truly the end of an era.  I have watched this game grow from its earliest days to what it is now, all under the watchful eye of Felipe, and the idea of him not being a part of the process any longer seems almost wrong somehow.  I still support KSP and will continue to do so; that has not changed.  But going forward it will never be the same after this.  Thank you for your radical dream, Felipe, and for not giving up on it despite the many times that probably seemed like the easiest way to solve the problems it was giving you to pursue it.  Wherever you go from here, I know you'll do well.  Keep in touch with us here in the KSP community, okay?

Get some rest, cultivate some new ideas.  Surprised this didn't happen sooner in all honesty but thanks for sticking around to see it solidified; great work!

Best wishes sir in all that you do.   Thank you for creating the most fun computer game that I have ever played.  You've given me several years of enjoyment through your vision of little green guys, rockets and lots of explosions!  

Edited by nukeboyt

Thank you for all your work! I'm sad to see you go, but I wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavours.

Your game has turbocharged my interest in space, one that has always been present but has been increased infinitely much because of KSP. I've been around since the last few days of version 0.15, and I can safely say that KSP is one of the best games I have ever had the pleasure to play.

Best wishes for you and the KSP dev team

Casper

I also want to echo HarvesteR's thanks to Ezequiel and Adrian, without their support KSP would not exist in its current form, if at all. They had to look at HarvesteR's early work week after week, and decide if the project was going to make orbit, or just fall to pieces on the launchpad, under the weight of its lofty ambitions.

Thank you HarvesteR, for seeing past the noise and focusing on your vision; although at times fans (guilty) might wish KSP had features more like This or That other game, it occupies a unique spot by going its own way. KSP is an accessible simulator of orbital mechanics, made into entertainment by its mascot characters. The game would have been so dry without the Kerbals, whos animated eagerness to reach space inspires players to try  :huh: - and try again :)  

Edited by basic.syntax

I don't think a single man has ever directly caused so much enjoyment AND public science education as you. Thank you for the best computer game ever created by kerbalmankind!

Edited by NBZ

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.