[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

About the latest scatterer update:
I doesn't work with GPP.

Eclipses seem to be fine but there is an issue in the "Atmosphere" section.
A reference to the "SUN" seems to be hardcoded into the scatterer.dll so it produces a massive logspam which slows down the game.

[Scatterer] Added eclipse caster Ceti for Gael

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[Scatterer] Added eclipse caster Iota for Gael

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[Scatterer] Atmosphere config found for: Gael

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at scatterer.Manager.getDirectionToSun () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at scatterer.SkyNode.InitPostprocessMaterial (UnityEngine.Material mat) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at scatterer.SkyNode.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at scatterer.Manager.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at scatterer.Core.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

It doesnt matter if you extract any config files that refer to stock KSP! it nullref's regardless.

I also tried to changed some configs but the problem persists.

overwriting the dll is enough to trigger the logspam.

I'm looking forward to see this fixed :)

Edited by million_lights

Whoa,

the master himself. Thank you for your help - I needed only to add ".jpg" to the link of the image.

Sorry for my writing, I am no native english speaking guy - i am german.

This is a "stock" Tellumo Spaceplane from my Career Game an is capable to reach every biome (ISRU), and can get back to Low Tellumo Orbit with about 500m/s left.

Hope the pictures are interesting

astroheiko

yXSjgzi.jpg

DcvkWWy.jpg

Edited by astroheiko

Sooo,

Not sure how my laptop places in the league of potatoes, but here are my system stats:

JutCHpN.jpg

jNWIIuS.jpg

1. With a basic install (no mods whatsoever), and default graphics settings, everything runs as if were stock. It has been literally years since I played a stock-only game, but everything runs nicely!

2. With only the visual mods included, I notice a FPS drop achieving orbit around Gael. Slightly reducing graphics settings (which I have to do anyway with my usual part mod-heavy installs) solves this.

3. Impatience gets the better of me, and I go ahead and install a selection of my usual mods so I can have a play in sandbox before attacking the system properly in career. I have to remove Scatterer & SVE in order to get reasonable graphics performance, but this is usually the case with a non-GPP install for me anyway.

At this point I refer to the original request @Galileo made for people to run some test on less powerful systems and notice that you specifically requested FPS figures and screenshots. Unfortunately I haven't provided the quantitative data for you and am now far too involved with tinkering with different mods and getting stuck into this brilliant planet pack you guys have made for us!

In summary, GPP gives a slight performance hit on my laptop when installed with the usual volume of parts mods I play with. It is completely playable with a bit of tinkering and compromising.

Sorry I could not be more concise. And thanks for the mod!

AQy9Rqv.png

Maybe i can help too.

This is my PC - pretty old (i build it in 2009 or so) 16 Gigabyte RAM on a litle Overclocked

1EeB5Sr.jpg

This is my GPU

99EEEwI.jpg

Game Data

Y5cCaeZ.jpg

Task Manager

bbmw656.jpg

With my Mothership i have 10 FPS in the Orbit of Tellumo

IQsl6Ed.jpg

Same ship in Orbit of Gael with 30 FPS

hzHCqGq.jpg

I also would say, that the Performance is stockalike, with the exception of Tellumo

8 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@sDaZe epiccccc! Which world is that at 0:50? It's too dark to recognize. I suspect Argo but I couldn't find its more prominent features.

It was the very last planet, im drawing a blank here. 

37 minutes ago, Gamel0rd1 said:

Would it be alright if you could say what program you used to get your planet textures? SpaceEngine feels too limited because I can't control where stuff is, only the quantities of it. Thanks!

A lot of photoshop... I use real textures and blend them. I have used space engine as a base layer and cake on the terrain features. If you are looking for a program that generates them as a complete texture map, you won't find one. Space engine is the closest thing

its a lot of grunt work and trial and error

Edited by Galileo

@Galileo well i just installed GPP and it seems to be running flawlessly just in its pure form on my rig with no extra mods. definietly want SVE. we will see how it does when i add parts parks and such. I had one question about the science in the game. are any of the values changed or just the name on the experiment such as Mystery goo high above gael etc.. 

I would say that performance on my rig is on par with stock performance. 

Edited by Leafbaron

3 minutes ago, Leafbaron said:

@Galileo well i just installed GPP and it seems to be running flawlessly just in its pure form on my rig with no extra mods. definietly want SVE. we will see how it does when i add parts parks and such. I had one question about the science in the game. are any of the values changed or just the name on the experiment such as Mystery goo high above gael etc.. 

Science values have been adjusted for each body but they weren't adjusted to make the game any harder or anything. @OhioBob used whatever algorithm he used to calculate the values. He would probably be better to ask

Just now, Galileo said:

Science values have been adjusted for each body but they weren't adjusted to make the game any harder or anything. @OhioBob used whatever algorithm he used to calculate the values. He would probably be better to ask

Alright thank you. i was just curious if was similiar to OPM where science multipliers at least in the kerbin SOI were set to 1, can't wait to get my career started in GPP

3 hours ago, Leafbaron said:

I had one question about the science in the game. are any of the values changed or just the name on the experiment such as Mystery goo high above gael etc.

Science values for Gael and Iota are the same as Kerbin and Mun.  Ceti has a tiny boast over Minmus for the "In Space High" condition, but is otherwise the same.  Other bodies should have values comparable to, but not necessarily the same as the stock game.  GPP has completely different bodies than stock, so don't expect to have the same science return.

Here ae the celestial body multipliers:

Body Landed Splashed Flying In Space Recovery
Low High Low High
Ciro     16 16 16 2 4
Icarus 18       10 9 9
Thalia 10       8 7 7
   Eta 11       9 8 8
Niven 8   6 6 6 5 5
Gael 0.3 0.4 0.7 0.9 1 1.5 1
   Iota 4       3 2 2
   Ceti 5       4 3 3
Tellumo 9 9 7 7 7 6 6
   Lili 10       8 7 7
Gratian 11   9 9 9 8 8
   Geminus 12       10 9 9
Otho     13 12 11 10 10
   Augustus 14   12 12 12 11 11
   Hephaestus 14       12 11 11
   Jannah 14       12 11 11
Gauss     14 13 12 11 11
   Loki 15       13 12 12
   Catullus 15   13 13 13 12 12
      Tarsiss 15 15 13 13 13 12 12
Nero     15 14 13 12 12
   Hadrian 16 16 14 14 14 13 13
   Narisse 16       14 13 13
   Muse 16       14 13 13
   Minona 16       14 13 13
Hox 16   14 14 14 13 13
   Argo 17       15 14 14
Leto 17       15 14 14

The thing that is going to make GPP more difficult than stock is that Iota and Ceti have far fewer biomes than Mun and Minmus.  Therefore there is less total science to reap from those bodies.

Edited by OhioBob