Mission idea: Kerbal Dakar 2017

Triop

If Group does mean multiple players (instead of multiple Kerbals) then does that mean each player does a stage in their own rover or would you pass the save file around so each player takes the same rover on (in whatever state the last person left it) for their stage?

I'm starting to get a feeling that the reason this thread is hot is because it's more of a chatroom than a challenge thread.

I'm not going to open any more threads so from now on all small talk will go here:

I only have a week left to prepare a perfect challenge and all i'm doing is read smalltalk.

Don't get me wrong, I'm guilty of that too but as a host I have to read every single post just so I won't miss anything important.

I love the fact you are all enjoying this, in fact that is why we play no ? &)

Edited by Triop

21 hours ago, Triop said:

I'm starting to get a feeling that the reason this thread is hot is because it's more of a chatroom than a challenge thread.

I'm not going to open any more threads so from now on all small talk will go here:

I only have a week left to prepare a perfect challenge and all i'm doing is read smalltalk.

Don't get me wrong, I'm guilty of that too but as a host I have to read every single post just so I won't miss anything important.

I love the fact you are all enjoying this, in fact that is why we play no ? &)

Hopefully this won't derail, but it seems the best place to reach the right audience: is anyone currently working on an OldKSC to Desert Ruins rally? I mentioned before, I'd be happy to host that, just don't want to step on any toes if somebody has one in the works. 

EDIT: no replies. I've begun planning. I'll wait a bit to release anything so it doesn't take from this event. Weee!

Edited by DrunkenKerbalnaut

Hints and tips from the SM racing dept.  (should be read in a really cheesy American accent, NASCAR and drag race fans will understand)

ALL jet powered racers know that losing a boost flap is bad, so bad that you may consider your race over,  prepare for this occurrence and enable the continuation of your attempt by simply setting an action group to close the air intakes, this has the effect of almost instantly cutting engine thrust, yes,  you lose a bit of spool before you reopen the intake but as a trade off  I'll take that over crash and burn every time

Join us next time......

5 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hints and tips from the SM racing dept.  (should be read in a really cheesy American accent, NASCAR and drag race fans will understand)

ALL jet powered racers know that losing a boost flap is bad, so bad that you may consider your race over,  prepare for this occurrence and enable the continuation of your attempt by simply setting an action group to close the air intakes, this has the effect of almost instantly cutting engine thrust, yes,  you lose a bit of spool before you reopen the intake but as a trade off  I'll take that over crash and burn every time

Join us next time......

Clever!  I KNEW there had to be other ways than just Boost Flaps!

9 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Join us next time......

That is exactly what I use on my rover. I have been using it for ages since I saw @Cupcake... using it on some of his ancient drop ships years ago.  :)

Edited by Majorjim!

Great challenge!!

I have built my first race rover, figured out multiple workspaces in Linux (so I can post and play at the same time), screenshots in Steam and how to save a 1.5Mb png as a 120k jpeg in Linux Mint. I even have a screenshot of Val looking over the carcass of her rover after she hit a tree at 40m/s.

I read up on spoilers and how you want them used to keep the pages from taking forever to load.

Spoiler

Now how in the world do you attach a photo? :)

2 minutes ago, Li0n said:

Just paste the full link (with the extension) and the forum should do its magik.

How do I get a link? On RCGroups, I upload the photo then link to it. On FliteTest I click the insert photo button and it uploads from my PC to the forum and embeds the link in the page.

How do I upload the image to a place where a link will work or do I need to use a 3rd party?

1 minute ago, CranialRectosis said:

How do I get a link? On RCGroups, I upload the photo then link to it. On FliteTest I click the insert photo button and it uploads from my PC to the forum and embeds the link in the page.

How do I upload the image to a place where a link will work or do I need to use a 3rd party?

Imgur.com - upload there, grab link, share here :)

16 minutes ago, Triop said:

Working hard on the challenge...

! New official safefile ! :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6nz4myuv7a1tdmr/AAAn2y3Yj6v0RDsOkfE0yUVaa?dl=0

Flags are still in the same position, but I had to rename them.

Back to work...

@Azimech Has some work to do, moving all those dinosaurs :D 

Thanks Triop. 

45 minutes ago, DrunkenKerbalnaut said:

@Azimech Has some work to do, moving all those dinosaurs :D 

Thanks Triop. 

Didn't think of that...

*Cola came out of my nose....:lol:...cleaning keyboard...

Edit, I guess as an exception he can use his own track. ^_^

Edited by Triop

6 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Wait, WHAT? I don't want to have to rebuild the ODR-05! That took forever to make! (And a little dash of luck)

Ok. I see some people already have stuff on the track, so I guess the old file is still ok to use since the stage positions are the same.