What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

3 minutes ago, razark said:

Johnson Space Center

I'm not sure how many kinds there are, to be honest.  I'm only familiar with the big moonshot rocket kind.

I meant real/lego/model/whatever else

knowing you went to JSC however, eliminates all but one.

Literally the exact opposite of "Funny" but definitely interesting. Here's a timeline of November 26th.

12 am: Can't sleep. Hop downstairs to do some computer stuff for a while. Decide to take some mental health screens. It turns out I'm "Severely Depressed," at serious risk of self-harm, have severe anxiety, am Bipolar positive, and at risk for something called psychosis. All fun things.

1 am: Still can't sleep. Have resorted to going for the "Tire self out on Youtube" method

2 am: Still can't sleep.

2:30: Okay now I can sleep

6:20 am: Alarm goes off. Turn into a generic zombie and try to wake up via groans.

7:15 am: Trudge downstairs and eat some breakfast

7:20 am: Turn car on to heat it up

7:30 am: After checking my snapchat, I head out to put my stuff in my car. Remove keys to lock house door, walk out to the car, put keys in the ignition, turn, and..... nothin. Try again. Nothing. Try a third time and the car makes this weird buzzing noise as all the lights on the dash weakly flicker before sputtering to its demise. I dun killed the battery. 

13 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

7:30 am: After checking my snapchat, I head out to put my stuff in my car. Remove keys to lock house door, walk out to the car, put keys in the ignition, turn, and..... nothin. Try again. Nothing. Try a third time and the car makes this weird buzzing noise as all the lights on the dash weakly flicker before sputtering to its demise. I dun killed the battery. 

...how did you plan to heat the car up if it wasn't running?

2 hours ago, Geonovast said:

The Star Wars Christmas Special is the only true Star Wars movie.

Star Wars Holiday Special. If you are going to bring up the shibboleth, please use it correctly. ;)

27 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Literally the exact opposite of "Funny" but definitely interesting. Here's a timeline of November 26th.

12 am: Can't sleep. Hop downstairs to do some computer stuff for a while. Decide to take some mental health screens. It turns out I'm "Severely Depressed," at serious risk of self-harm, have severe anxiety, am Bipolar positive, and at risk for something called psychosis. All fun things.

1 am: Still can't sleep. Have resorted to going for the "Tire self out on Youtube" method

2 am: Still can't sleep.

2:30: Okay now I can sleep

6:20 am: Alarm goes off. Turn into a generic zombie and try to wake up via groans.

7:15 am: Trudge downstairs and eat some breakfast

Dead/dying alternator? Ten minutes should have been more than enough to recharge the battery after one start, even in the cold.

3 hours ago, Nivee~ said:

I haven't watched any original Star Wars movies yet, what would that make me? :D

Oh, but you should. They are, truly, very good movies. The latest batch are sub-par, but the originals are definitely worth watching. Machete Order: IV, V, II, III, VI. Everything else comes afterwards, in any order, and is optional. (But I highly recommend Rogue One.)

Edited by TheSaint

44 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

...how did you plan to heat the car up if it wasn't running?

I turned on the heater. I thought the engine was on all the way, but I guess I didn't quite get there. 

36 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

Dead/dying alternator? Ten minutes should have been more than enough to recharge the battery after one start, even in the cold.

I don't think that I got the key all the way forward to actually fire the ignition. I only got enough to where the battery was getting spent. A rookie mistake on my end, and one that I (Hopefully) won't repeat in the near future. 

5 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

III maybe...

So, you're telling me that the most evil villain of my childhood, the scourge of the galaxy, the destroyer of worlds, right-hand man to the Emperor, destroyer of the Jedi did it because...

he was angsty over his girlfriend?

:rolleyes: