What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

11 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Guy joins the forums here. Zero posts. First thing he does is follow me. This could prove to be interesting.

[snip]

His website url links to a homework doing page where you can pay for someone else to do your homework... Odd.

Edited by Vanamonde

On 4/21/2018 at 11:38 AM, Just Jim said:

Mockingbirds.... wow...

If you haven't ever encountered one, they're the most insane little bird you will ever see. Not only can they mimic thousands of other birds,... they are utterly fearless, and will go after crows, hawks... even bald eagles!!! No kidding, I've seen them chase off after an eagle more than once... and the eagle back down! If dinosaurs evolved into birds, and I have no reason to question... then it was the meanest of the smaller raptors evolved into mockingbirds... :mad:

So why bring them up??? Because yesterday a pair of mockingbirds started building a nest in a night-blooming jasmine bush, only 3-4 inches outside my bedroom window! And they've been at all day yesterday and today. Needless to say my cats are not amused.

I don't want to try and take a picture... My windows are heavily mirrored because they're west facing, and they can't see in, but I really don't want to disturb them. It's been fascinating watching them bring one stick after another, and now it's starting to get a definite bowl shape... too cool! :cool:

They are very cool birds. Be prepared for their concerts... they tend to sing their entire repertoire in the early am hours. Mockingbirds pick up songs of other birds based on their travels. Some of them have a list of over 100 to 120 different songs. You can consider that a prized find. It shows the range they've traveled. Indeed!... do not kill them, such a loss that would be.

The only mockingbird commonly found in North America is the northern mockingbird (Mimus polyglottos). The Greek word polyglottos means multiple languages. - Wikipedia

:cool:

11 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

His website url links to a homework doing page where you can pay for someone else to do your homework... Odd.

? Maybe he picked up on my comment to @Pawelk198604 about having someone help him write his cover letter and resume.

I'd hate to think I'm someone's homework. LOL!!! Boy, have I got a story for you.

Edited by Vanamonde

I digged a meter deep and wide hole in the sand on the beach, and no i have pain in the back and a blister on my hand.

The crazy things kids do when they are bored, am i right?

5 hours ago, NSEP said:

I digged a meter deep and wide hole in the sand on the beach, and no i have pain in the back and a blister on my hand.

The crazy things kids do when they are bored, am i right?

You shoulda just come over to my place, I’da let you dig a whole bunch of little holes for my landscaping instead. :D

at least you didn’t spend the time eating laundry detergent...

So I figured out that the ASIO4ALL audio driver I was using for Sunvox fixed my latency issue but was also the culprit of several very big other problems I was having, so I switched away from it and now I only have one small problem instead of three big problems. Which means hopefully I can compose on the go with my laptop now!

My city’s main water system go messed up somehow (I heard a pipe somewhere burst), and now all city water is contaminated. The mayor had to warn everyone of potential stomach illnesses that would result from drinking city water and encouraged people to either boil their city water or buy water from somewhere else. Unfortunately, I accidentally had some city water, so if I grow a third eye or feel like my stomach is being eaten from the inside out...I’ll know why. 

2 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

My city’s main water system go messed up somehow (I heard a pipe somewhere burst), and now all city water is contaminated. The mayor had to warn everyone of potential stomach illnesses that would result from drinking city water and encouraged people to either boil their city water or buy water from somewhere else. Unfortunately, I accidentally had some city water, so if I grow a third eye or feel like my stomach is being eaten from the inside out...I’ll know why. 

Isn't this, like, 70% of superhero origin stories?

1 hour ago, Ultimate Steve said:

ProtoJeb already sounds like a superhero name.

Protojeb the Exoplaneteer sounds like something straight out of a 60s Sci-Fi comic.

Who knows, maybe @ProtoJeb21 can detect exoplanets and their properties with the naked eye soon :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Unfortunately, I accidentally had some city water, so if .....

More than likely, if there is a negative impact on your drinking some, the first sign(s) will probably be diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and nausea... that being the case, go see a doctor.

If a 'ragtime-inclined alien' comes bursting out your belly ..... you're on your own dude, cause I'm outta here.

I am going to design 10 spacesuits (Loosely of course, im not going to do NASA-grade stuff here) for a school project. If i don't get a ''dikke tien' (Fat A++++ in Dutch slang), i will complain.

Today, I became a beekeeper! :D

5MS8t0m.gif

Spoiler

DsqxlsS.gif

hfgODmW.jpg

UDiobg7.jpg

WGTVIm5.jpg

A photo of a bee watching me take a photo of a bee.

Beeception.  :confused:

Aaaaaand of course none of the .gif's will work. :mad:

Here's a link if you like creepy crawly things creepy crawling -> https://i.imgur.com/DsqxlsS.gifv

Edited by CatastrophicFailure
#%^*%@!%!$%!!!!

5 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Today, I became a beekeeper! :D

5MS8t0m.gif

Hide contents

DsqxlsS.gif

hfgODmW.jpg

UDiobg7.jpg

WGTVIm5.jpg

A photo of a bee watching me take a photo of a bee.

Beeception.  :confused:

Aaaaaand of course none of the .gif's will work. :mad:

Here's a link if you like creepy crawly things creepy crawling -> https://i.imgur.com/DsqxlsS.gifv

Nice! I love bees and other insects, just not when I'm mowing the lawn. Which is unfortunately where I get the most exposure to them.