[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

On 5/14/2024 at 10:43 AM, The Dressian Exploder said:

Do Near Future Electrical's nuclear reactors support SystemHeat?

I strongly believe not. I've been to System Heat's repo a few times, and NFE's repo just now, and have seen nothing that suggests "yes."

7 hours ago, xXxpacmanxXx said:

image.png?ex=664a506b&is=6648feeb&hm=e71
any idea why this might be happening?

Possible shader mod (TU, TUFX, Shabby/Shady, KS3P?, Reshade?, Restock) conflict or bad settings.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I strongly believe not. I've been to System Heat's repo a few times, and NFE's repo just now, and have seen nothing that suggests "yes."

it's in Extras/SystemHeatFissionReactors/NearFutureElectrical on the SystemHeat repo, was last touched 3 years ago according to github but seems to work

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

23 minutes ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

it's in Extras/SystemHeatFissionReactors/NearFutureElectrical on the SystemHeat repo, was last touched 3 years ago according to github but seems to work

Oh. Nice. And oops. Thanks for pointing that out.

• 3 weeks later...

@Nertea Have you ever considered making a "universal mod"? There would be a selection of the most important parts from all your mods, which would complement Restock and Restock +. It would be such a Restock ++

I use Restock + and it's great. I'm just afraid of the amount of parts from other mods.

14 minutes ago, Saturn1234 said:

a "universal mod"? There would be a selection of the most important parts from all your mods, which would complement Restock and Restock +

Howdy. I can give you a few reasons why this actually isn't an attractive idea:

• This kind of idea is incredibly subjective. Everyone has a unique preference. What particular combination qualifies to you might not to the next guy.
  • Merely releasing (let alone maintaining after) clones of parts (even the exact same part) across multiple mods is automatically a chore and likely not fun at all.
  • It's far easier for you the player to install the mods you want then delete or hide the parts you don't want. Either manually or through Janitor's Closet mod.
  • I can argue that "Near Future Technologies" on the whole is a mod (well, it's definitely a mod suite). It's also definitely a universe because it's vast and pretty complete. The small "universe" that you're trying to describe reads more like a starter kit. :D
    • True enjoyers of Near Future suite do not fear the size of it. They embrace it!

Posted (edited)

Hey, im also having a problem  Near Future Cosntruction. When opening the game, I get an error that LH2OCryo tank type don't exist. I have tried messing with the files, and I think I traced the problem to the tanktypes file on the patches folder, but i was unnable to fix it, so here's my log: KSP.log

So, update on this, it was some of the Kerbalism SIMPLEX extensions, no idea why or whitch one of them was. 

Edited by Willer Kerman
Update on the situation

On 6/4/2024 at 10:47 AM, Saturn1234 said:

That makes sense. Is there a gallery of screenshots with parts from near future technologies? For inspiration.

The top post has a "Full Screenshot Gallery" link for each component mod in the NFT suite.

1 hour ago, WolfieKSP said:

Hello, if you still make mods, could you please make s balloon tank mod? I mean like cryotanks but for Liquid fuel 

I have a nice idea for you to try while you wait: NF Construction trusses for a container and inside is Procedural Parts with whatever texture set fits your style.

I don't see Nertea agreeing at all to make LiquidFuel tanks mod #120.

On 6/9/2024 at 3:02 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

I have a nice idea for you to try while you wait: NF Construction trusses for a container and inside is Procedural Parts with whatever texture set fits your style.

I don't see Nertea agreeing at all to make LiquidFuel tanks mod #120.

Hello, thanks for the advice, might try later, btw you make absolutely gorgeous sunflares! 

• 1 month later...