Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

9 hours ago, p1t1o said:

Buttons on computers, in cars, anywhere really.

Why are they all so unstaisfying?

Why they all have a 1mm travel and make a make that muted "dunk" noise?

Why not proper buttons with a good 5mm of travel and a nice solid "Ka-Klick!"?

What kind of...of sociopath...prefers the former?

Is it just me?

Not at all. Button feedback has become something of a luxury lately, and people sometimes buy items with good button feedback just for it.

Take gaming keyboards for example. If someone made a car with all the buttons recycled from an IBM model M i'd buy it.

Sadly I can't drive :(.

My complaint: people at public pools are so inconsiderate. Oh, here's someone having a nice day, relaxing and enjoying himself. Let's cannonball him.

I have achieved new levels of "Anger Kraken" today.

Specifically I got the fun of watching Windows 10, Steam, Nvidia Geforce Experience Driver Updates, and Windows Defender fight over whether or not my games where gonna run, run then crash or crash magically reboot then freeze for eternity. 

Ah windows 10... I do love you so...

1 hour ago, Mark Kerbin said:

I have achieved new levels of "Anger Kraken" today.

Specifically I got the fun of watching Windows 10, Steam, Nvidia Geforce Experience Driver Updates, and Windows Defender fight over whether or not my games where gonna run, run then crash or crash magically reboot then freeze for eternity. 

Ah windows 10... I do love you so...

The most funny/annoying thing I’ve seen Windows 10 do is fight with itself over an update. It was like:

1. You need to update!

2. *tries to update* You don’t have enough storage!!!

3. Repeat from step 1.

It was hilarious and irritating at the same time!

Sometimes i just want to move out and live on my own, but im too young, so i will have to be patient.

I prefer to deal with my own problems and situations instead of getting involved with that of others.

Well, I drew an awesome profile picture to use as opposed to a crappy placeholder, but it’s larger than the file size! To hell with the entire system!

9 minutes ago, Fraston said:

Well, I drew an awesome profile picture to use as opposed to a crappy placeholder, but it’s larger than the file size! To hell with the entire system!

So make it smaller...

46 minutes ago, Fraston said:

but it’s larger than the file size!

Compress.

_______

I think I don't have anything to complain.

But that cake's a lie.

Edited by YNM

3 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Can teenagers do anything other than talk, disrespect their peers and guardians, talk, get liquided off at nothing, talk, not confess to their wrongdoings, and talk?

Yes. 

Spoiler

Just joking.

5 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Can teenagers do anything other than talk, disrespect their peers and guardians, talk, get liquided off at nothing, talk, not confess to their wrongdoings, and talk?

You've been one.

It's a good way to shave (and shape) thoughts.

Its weird, I have literally had zero problems with Windows10 updates...it plays nicely with steam, geforce, my antivirus stuff...

I think it has updated once or twice since I installed, but they have been fairly benign ones that did their business when I shutdown, completed when I next started up and maybe took 2 mins of my time.

Honestly Steam itself updates and crashes more often.

10 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Oh man you sound like such a teenager right there lol!

(I have also met plenty of adults that exactly match this behaviour)

14 hours ago, NSEP said:

Sometimes i just want to move out and live on my own, but im too young, so i will have to be patient.

I prefer to deal with my own problems and situations instead of getting involved with that of others.

Dont be in too much of a hurry, living on your own has its trials, you just havnt experienced them yet because you havnt needed to. But you will ;)

It is, though, mostly pretty good. 

mostly-.jpg

Edited by p1t1o

They call Natrium sodium because it's in soda.
They call Kalium potassium because it's in potash.

Then why do they call:
Calcium - calcium instead of limium
Ferrum - iron instead of rustium,
Aurum and Argentum - gold and silver instead of mon(ey)ium (maybe yellow and white moniums, I don't know)
Actinides - uranium, plutonium, etc, instead of bombium

Edited by kerbiloid

11 minutes ago, Fraston said:

I’m on an iPad. i CANT MAKE IT SMALLER

Wow, the almighty Apple doesn't have the ability to make pictures the size you want?  Good thing all that money was spent.

Use an online image reducer, because apparently that's a thing that needs to exist.

So a few months ago, I got promoted to Admin on a wiki. I had complete control over it, as it had been dead for some time. Now, the old admins have come back, and decided to go 'Nope! Get out, you've screwed everything up', reverting all my edits, and making me just a member again. I did massive amounts of work on the site, and all of it's been reverted. They were doing NOTHING. The last edit was in NOVEMBER OF 2017! Fine! They can have their stupid wiki! I've been considered for an adminship role in Wikipedia anyway! *Proceeds to go crazy and yell*

Just now, The_Cat_In_Space said:

So a few months ago, I got promoted to Admin on a wiki. I had complete control over it, as it had been dead for some time. Now, the old admins have come back, and decided to go 'Nope! Get out, you've screwed everything up', reverting all my edits, and making me just a member again. I did massive amounts of work on the site, and all of it's been reverted. They were doing NOTHING. The last edit was in NOVEMBER OF 2017! Fine! They can have their stupid wiki! I've been considered for an adminship role in Wikipedia anyway! *Proceeds to go crazy and yell*

huh