Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

1 hour ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

If I hadn't, then I would be looking at detention for not following a teacher's direction.

Then you should have served it proudly, while asking why a teacher has the authority to order you to do any such thing.

"An oath compelled by force has no moral quality, and so England can never claim rightfully any validity for an oath of allegiance to her given under stress of arms."
Loyal Traitors: A Story of Friendship for the Filipinos
Raymond L. Bridgman

"An oath compelled before an audience of pampered sycophants is just another lie..."
Tower Lord
Anthony Ryan

"... an oath compelled by force could not be held to bind."
King John in Fouke le Fitz Waryn

36 minutes ago, razark said:

Then you should have served it proudly, while asking why a teacher has the authority to order you to do any such thing.

"An oath compelled by force has no moral quality, and so England can never claim rightfully any validity for an oath of allegiance to her given under stress of arms."
Loyal Traitors: A Story of Friendship for the Filipinos
Raymond L. Bridgman

"An oath compelled before an audience of pampered sycophants is just another lie..."
Tower Lord
Anthony Ryan

"... an oath compelled by force could not be held to bind."
King John in Fouke le Fitz Waryn

I did not want a detention only eight days in to the school year. 

2 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

If I hadn't, then I would be looking at detention for not following a teacher's direction.

That reminds me of something....

In 7th grade, we would go into the gym every morning, but occasionally everyone would have to stand up and sing the school song. I just moved my mouth without saying anything. :P

13 hours ago, NSEP said:

Wait, your school has an anthem?

Kinda, it's more of a cheer thing for the various sports teams. We do have a school song, that we have to sing on EVERY assembly. We also have to hold on to the other people's shoulders, and it makes it really uncomfortable when you are touching some fat kid who just had PE. 

Alternator just went out on vehicle number 2.  At least... probably.  Other option is the PCM, given that my gauge cluster is acting... weird.  But the cluster's been wonky since I put it in 7 years ago, so eh.

I was really hoping to put vehicle number 1 down for a bit for some much needed TLC... but looks like that'll be a few days yet. :mad:

37 minutes ago, Fireheart318 said:

Doncha hate it when people just don't understand what you're talking about? I wish I could just set SAS to turn on with a different action group and do other stuff with the T and F keys. Just make it a thing controlled by a cockpit/probe

I think I know what you're talking about, and I've wanted something similar for awhile.  I'll look into your thread after I get home.

27 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I'll look into your thread after I get home.

I made a second one because I felt the first one didn't explain it well enough and resurrecting it wouldn't do much good. Here's both

First - https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/170402-make-sas-an-auto-assigned-module-on-command-pods-instead-of-an-intrinsic-property-of-the-sas-action-group/&tab=comments#comment-3286576

Second - https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/170553-make-sas-a-module-for-action-groups-on-cockpits/&tab=comments#comment-3287431

Today I discovered one of the lesser known downsides of owning an old truck:

SPIDERS!

I'm driving down the highway to get to work and I look over and there's this nasty looking little bugger hanging off the headliner about eight inches from my face. AAAHHH!!! SMASH IT! SMASH IT! SMASH IT!

One of the downsides to LIFE is spiders. Lemme put this in perspective: what's the difference between a spider and a crab? Nothing. Crabs are giant sea spiders with disgusting mouths. Have you ever seen a crabs mouth!? It's like 20 appendages wriggling around... I get chills writing about it.

23 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Today I discovered one of the lesser known downsides of owning an old truck:

SPIDERS!

I'm driving down the highway to get to work and I look over and there's this nasty looking little bugger hanging off the headliner about eight inches from my face. AAAHHH!!! SMASH IT! SMASH IT! SMASH IT!

My friend once found a spider in our tent. He decided to stab it with his        Ka-Bar. The knife went through the floor and into the ground. Duct tape was used.

Just now, TheKosanianMethod said:

My friend once found a spider in our tent. He decided to stab it with his        Ka-Bar. The knife went through the floor and into the ground. Duct tape was used.

Usually when we find spiders in the house I'm a live-and-let-live or catch-and-release sort of guy. But this one got a little too much into my personal space.

49 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

How could you murder that face? Huh?

541dc8355a043977aaea75391b372ef5.png

Sauce - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNqRS1gSJFMNPVwye1gyI_g

ITS SO CUTE.

Though really, if it isn't really annoying me, it probably can live. The exception is the stink bug. Those go down the toilet in a free swimming lesson.

Holy Spider-eyed awesomeness that is the cutest spider I've ever seen. I meant the more 'horrifyingly disgusting and devil- like' type of arachnid devil bugs.  I'd kinda like that as a pet.

Wait crap... This is a complaining thread.. um... Uh...

Trump is stupid for not giving MOAR funding to NASA?

We are doing a 'rite journey' thing today (a bunch of things that are supposed to help us understand who we are and whatever). It's in period 7, the last period, but we have to be there in the plaza by 1:40. Our lunchtime starts at 1:25, so I will only get 15 minutes of lunchtime. I am NOT WASTING HALF AN HOUR OF MY LUNCHTIME FOR SOME STUPID PROGRAM! I am a type of person who actually needs to eat or my weight will go down very quickly, so only having 15 minutes to eat four pieces of garlic bread and a sandwich is near impossible. It's my lunchtime. My only time to take a break and browse the forums or something. Not a time for me to be stuffing food in my mouth to quickly get down to the plaza for some stupid ritual thing that is supposed to take place in period 7, NOT ALSO HALF MY LUNCHTIME! 

:huh::/

7 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Usually when we find spiders in the house I'm a live-and-let-live or catch-and-release sort of guy. But this one got a little too much into my personal space.

Around Sydney, huntsman spiders with leg spans in the 6"-8" range are pretty common. I'm happy to let them lurk in the corners of my lounge room, they're great for keeping down other pests. But yeah, bedroom  interlopers get The Spray and/or The Bootheel.

Uh... I have 4 email accounts set up with my Comcast account. My three secondary email addresses send and receive email just fine. My MAIN email though... Can only send, not receive! :mad:

I've checked the password, and nothing has changed in the configuration, at all. It's configured identically to the three secondary accounts, and I can still see all the emails I can't download just fine in with Comcast's "Xfinity" web browser mail viewer. What I don't get, is why the ONE email account won't work, while the other three do work. All four have the same configurations. I can't imagine the three working and the one not, if the mail server was down. The only difference is the one that doesn't work is my main address, tied with the account itself. The others are secondary addresses.

I just can't figure this out. :confused:

14 hours ago, stibbons said:

Around Sydney, huntsman spiders with leg spans in the 6"-8" range are pretty common. I'm happy to let them lurk in the corners of my lounge room, they're great for keeping down other pests. But yeah, bedroom  interlopers get The Spray and/or The Bootheel.

When I moved to South Africa at first I was home alone during the days, since my girlfriend was still in university and I was still looking for a job. One morning she was off and I had just gotten out of bed. I'm in the shower and I look up and there is this fairly decent sized spider, probably about a 3" leg span, sitting on the wall above the shower. In this case the product of the location factor multiplied by the leg span exceeded my Spider Comfort Zone Score, so I got the Raid, zapped the sucker, then gave him a crush on the floor with the boot heel for good measure. When she got home I was all, "You should have seen the size of the spider I killed in the bathroom this morning." Her response: "YOU KILLED OUR SPIDER?!" (Apparently she was keeping it as a pet. She should have warned me.) I got the "Ugh...Americans...." eye roll (which I was growing quite familiar with at that point), and then, "Okay, fine, but don't kill any mantises, that's bad luck."

8 minutes ago, NSEP said:

I strongly dislike the outdated school system. So much, i want to prupose a better, one, that fits and catches up with the modern world.

This is the reason my wife and I are seriously thinking about homeschooling our daughter. She's in first grade and is already in triple digit addition and subtraction, and single digit multiplication and division. She also has the reading vocabulary of a child in 5th grade (about four years above hers), and is constantly ridiculed by her classmates for being too smart. Yeah, really liquids me off! :huh:

At the last parent teacher conference, her teacher asked me what I did for a living. Not wanting to brag, I told her the university where I work at. Her response was, "oh, so you're part of campus maintenance?" At that point of the conversation, I handed her my business card and corrected her, "no, ma'am, but from now on, you can call me Dr...."  :mad: