SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

1 minute ago, tater said:

I think the computer became self-aware, and doesn't want to be thrown in the ocean.

Especially when it knows it could have waited a little longer where he would see Earth again.

5 minutes ago, tater said:

I think the computer became self-aware, and doesn't want to be thrown in the ocean.

You know, the ways people do autonomous driving/piloting, that doesn't seem that far fetched anymore. It doesn't have to be ASI to be programmed to try to ensure its own survival.

Edited by cubinator

C'mon! My wifi isn't the best, so it'd be nice if it could just launch!

I really hope it wasn't anything mission critical.

I think they said the launch window was 58 minutes, starting at 7:36, does that mean delay until tomorrow, ooh, they're talking again.

4 minutes ago, tater said:

I just read computer detected a "problem", just like last night.... you may be onto something.  

Just now, Ultimate Steve said:

Let's just hope it doesn't end in fireworks...

But.... but....
Fireworks are pretty. Also seasonal.

21 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

*Enters thread wanting to say something dramatic but doesn't know what to say*

Here goes nothing! Again!

Literally, apparently. :P

18 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Queue epic music...

Que wah wah wah waaaaaaah. :mad:

why, no, I'm not bitter, why do you ask?

15 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Abort? Again? cmon....

Not space-x's day.

Week. 

even missed the abort. It seems I have nothing to add but snide commentary. 

6 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Fireworks are pretty. Also seasonal.

And totally legal in Florida... and Floridians don't usually wait to the 4th.... they're popping off all over while I'm writing this... tomorrow will be nuts.

Funny part is I counted like 15-20 bottle rockets and a couple large scale beauties blowing off before I read on my phone the launch was scrubbed... and if it launches tomorrow evening, I'm not gonna be able to tell it from the rest of the fireworks.  :confused:

Just now, Just Jim said:

And totally legal in Florida

Here, NJ, is alot less interesting - There are restrictions on that kind of stuff. However, I do have a neighbor who does have a license for fireworks.

I guess the bottle rockets are for premature celebration of the launch?

All quiet on the eastern front.....

2 minutes ago, qzgy said:

I guess the bottle rockets are for premature celebration of the launch?

hehehe..... I'll try and get a video tomorrow.... of the launch that is. If it does actually manage to go up tomorrow night, and my phone's camera can pick it up at all from here. 

If so, I can guarantee the video will be interesting, to say the least.... and most likely very loud.

2 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

hehehe..... I'll try and get a video tomorrow.... of the launch that is. If it does actually manage to go up tomorrow night, and my phone's camera can pick it up at all from here. 

If so, I can guarantee the video will be interesting, to say the least.... and most likely very loud.

Be sure you don't accidentally flag down any Trimaxion Drone Ships. :wink:

...and in a great irony they're saying North Korea just launched their own rocket. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

"Number 1037 is aliiive!" doesn't rhyme very well, does it?

If only it was Falcon Five, Then we could say "Falcon Five is Alive!" Nine almost works, but if the 1045 mission is expendable...

Also, speaking of fireworks, it's legal to buy them in my town, but not legal to set them off.

Also, I realized you can buy a HUGE bag (like, the size of a folded-up chair) for less than the cost of three "E" engines.

Now, to go buy some, go out of town, find a huge open area (yeah, right) and fill my model rockets with fireworks!