[1.12.x] Toolbar Controller (for modders)

linuxgurugamer

@Joose, well the first thing I noticed was this at the end of the player log:

DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 1 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 8388635.
DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 2 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 8388635.
DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 3 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 8388635.
DynamicHeapAllocator allocation probe 4 failed - Could not get memory for large allocation 8388635.
DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocation 8388635!
Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 8388635B with 16 alignment. MemoryLabel: TempOverflow
Allocation happend at: Line:177 in 
Memory overview

You ran out of system memory when the game needed more.  What's your system spec?

There are also exceptions thrown from Distant Object (or KSPe, I'm not sure), Kopernicus and Sigma Binary in the KSP log that might suggest you don't have the correct versions.  How are you installing your mods, via CKAN or manually?

2 hours ago, Brigadier said:

You ran out of system memory when the game needed more.  What's your system spec?

There are also exceptions thrown from Distant Object (or KSPe, I'm not sure), Kopernicus and Sigma Binary in the KSP log that might suggest you don't have the correct versions.  How are you installing your mods, via CKAN or manually?

I should have enough memory. I have 32GB of ram so I don't think that should be an issue. Almost all my mods are installed with CKAN. I just installed Kopernicus and Sigma Binary like a week ago with CKAN.

Okay well now it's saying I am missing kopernicus.components for Sigma Binary.

Edited by Joose
new info

1 hour ago, Joose said:

I should have enough memory. I have 32GB of ram so I don't think that should be an issue. Almost all my mods are installed with CKAN. I just installed Kopernicus and Sigma Binary like a week ago with CKAN.

Okay well now it's saying I am missing kopernicus.components for Sigma Binary.

Try rebooting your system, and don't have anything else open when you start the game

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere...I'd like to use the toolbar controller to hide buttons for things I don't use often, but this doesn't seem to work if I don't have Blizzy installed.

In the settings GUI for toolbar controller it says "If the Blizzy toolbar is not installed, all buttons will be put on the stock toolbar, regardless of the settings."  Is there a reason why the "None" setting doesn't work if Blizzy isn't installed?

Edited by JonnyOThan

4 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere...I'd like to use the toolbar controller to hide buttons for things I don't use often, but this doesn't seem to work if I don't have Blizzy installed.

In the settings GUI for toolbar controller it says "If the Blizzy toolbar is not installed, all buttons will be put on the stock toolbar, regardless of the settings."  Is there a reason why the "None" setting doesn't work if Blizzy isn't installed?

Didn't think of it at the time, I'llsee what I can do

Version 0.1.9.7 (at least the variant on CKAN) seems to be bugged. According to Player.log, it announces itself as version "V0.1.9" instead of the "V1.0.0" required for mods depending on it (as stated on the first page) :

AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'ToolbarControl' V0.1.9 
(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Which means that all other mods that depend on ToolbarController don't find their dependency anymore...

Rolling back to ToolbarController 0.1.9.6 fixed the problem for me.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.1.9.7

• Added ability to hide button even when Blizzy toolbar is not installed

The change you made in 2b0a034edf3817917c7f50f9f74eb5baad62aaf0 is going to break each and every mod that uses KSPAssemblyDependency to indicate  that it depends on Toolbar Controller. I would strongly suggest reverting the change and releasing a hotfix ASAP.

1 hour ago, RKunze said:

Version 0.1.9.7 (at least the variant on CKAN) seems to be bugged. According to Player.log, it announces itself as version "V0.1.9" instead of the "V1.0.0" required for mods depending on it (as stated on the first page) :

AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'ToolbarControl' V0.1.9 
(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Which means that all other mods that depend on ToolbarController don't find their dependency anymore...

Rolling back to ToolbarController 0.1.9.6 fixed the problem for me.

ah, nuts, I'll get this fixed.

48 minutes ago, siimav said:

The change you made in 2b0a034edf3817917c7f50f9f74eb5baad62aaf0 is going to break each and every mod that uses KSPAssemblyDependency to indicate  that it depends on Toolbar Controller. I would strongly suggest reverting the change and releasing a hotfix ASAP.

I'll get this fixed soon, working on it now

New release, 0.1.9.8

• Reverted disabling the KSPAssembly number (had to modify build server to support this)

Sorry about this.  This one mod is a special case when building, it's been so long since I had to do anything I forgot about it

Fixed and released, and yes, I tested the build file before releasing it.

23 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

For some reason, KSP-AVC has not notified me of the 0.1.9.7 or 0.1.9.8 update.. (I have 0.1.9.6)
Does it take awhile for KSP-AVC to pic up the version data?

Should pick it up in a few minutes, it checks an online site for the version, I wasn't able to get that updated until now

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello all,

After having an issue with my KSP 1.12.3 version of the game I decided to create a new CKAN copy using Version 1.12.4 and reload all my mods.

In this process I found that Toolbar Controller is not compatible with this version.  This means that I cannot install the following mods via CKAN:

Waypoint Manager

PWB Fuel Balancer Restored

Patch Manager

Docking Cam 

All of these required Toolbar Controller in their relationships.

Will anyone be updating the Toolbar Controller to work with the 1.12.4 version of KSP?

Thanks in advance for any information/assistance.

2 hours ago, Xtra said:

Hello all,

After having an issue with my KSP 1.12.3 version of the game I decided to create a new CKAN copy using Version 1.12.4 and reload all my mods.

In this process I found that Toolbar Controller is not compatible with this version.  This means that I cannot install the following mods via CKAN:

Waypoint Manager

PWB Fuel Balancer Restored

Patch Manager

Docking Cam 

All of these required Toolbar Controller in their relationships.

Will anyone be updating the Toolbar Controller to work with the 1.12.4 version of KSP?

Thanks in advance for any information/assistance.

Go to settings -> compatible game versions and check 1.12

1 hour ago, JonnyOThan said:

I understand that part... but there are a lot of older mods that while it may not say compatible they work.

Toolbar controller says it works with 1.12.3, but when I try it with 12.4 it kicks errors into the log.

29 minutes ago, Xtra said:

I understand that part... but there are a lot of older mods that while it may not say compatible they work.

Toolbar controller says it works with 1.12.3, but when I try it with 12.4 it kicks errors into the log.

Then posting said log might be a good idea..?

@JonnyOThan  Thank you for the reply.  I'm working with Lisias on an issue where a whole bunch of parts are just Falling off on the Launchpad before ANYTHING is even touched.  So, please bare with me as I reinstall everything, load up, test, and exit to create the log file for posting.

7 hours ago, Xtra said:

@JonnyOThan  Here is my Latest KSP.Log and a picture of how CKAN states that Toolbar Controller is not compatible.

KSP Log:                https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ltsl09fbp5accKMc4WCtr4-l0uLASh5s/view?usp=share_link

Error message:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/182Gkz-vlaziWxNO1mbotpVIIb2tRgCsv/view?usp=share_link

So...you didn't do this part:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having some strange behavior with Toolbar Controller 0.1.9.8 on KSP 1.12.3. Setting mods to be hidden in the manager menu doesn't seem to hide them properly, and backing out to the main menu and loading the save again seems to have duplicated toolbar items. Relaunching the game appears to fix it but trying to hide and unhide buttons causes the same issues.

V29P9cz.png

Here's the KSP.log (as an aside, how the heck is this thing 6 MB?): https://www.dropbox.com/s/nyhfn28oeqrh2dz/TCbug_KSP.log?dl=0

5 hours ago, TelluriumCrystal said:

I'm having some strange behavior with Toolbar Controller 0.1.9.8 on KSP 1.12.3. Setting mods to be hidden in the manager menu doesn't seem to hide them properly, and backing out to the main menu and loading the save again seems to have duplicated toolbar items. Relaunching the game appears to fix it but trying to hide and unhide buttons causes the same issues.

Here's the KSP.log (as an aside, how the heck is this thing 6 MB?): https://www.dropbox.com/s/nyhfn28oeqrh2dz/TCbug_KSP.log?dl=0

Do you have any other mods which control the visibility of buttons?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.