KSP Weekly: Starman to Ceres

SQUAD

I was surprised to read he didn't just barely mention KSP in passing either; he's literally talking about playing it himself and how much fun he has etc.  He has also gone on to answer a bunch of KSP fans in that very tweet's replies string.  Certainly the moment when you would think Squad would chime in and thank him for the kind words at the very least.  There is invaluable PR potential there in so many ways; much more so than random fan artwork.

Edited by klesh
grammar

30 minutes ago, tater said:

I bet the person running the twitter account doesn't know who he is.

Hold on... let's see if we can find out...

Calling @Darth Badie.... Do you know who's running the Squad twitter account??? 
If so, you might want to let them know about this... Mr. Bruno is quite a big deal... :D

17 hours ago, tater said:

Hey, @SQUAD,

Oh come on, this insanity about not immediately responding to Tony Bruno's tweet is ridiculous.

He made that tweet on a Friday night. Do you know where PR people like to be on Friday nights?

Not at work. As point of fact, the Squad PR people may not even be playing KSP. They might not even want to think about KSP, and just relax doing their own thing.

It would be a nice gesture, but expecting a response in between Friday night and Saturday afternoon is a bit much.

Anyways, looking forwards to Making History. The EVA parachutes are a nice touch for certain types of abort. Does anyone know if something's been said about whether there'll be a quick eject-all-Kerbals-and-pop-chutes button?

10 minutes ago, Starman4308 said:

He made that tweet on a Friday night. Do you know where PR people like to be on Friday nights?

Not at work. As point of fact, the Squad PR people may not even be playing KSP. They might not even want to think about KSP, and just relax doing their own thing.

2 hours ago, tater said:

So ksp ( @SQUAD) has tweeted in the last hour...

12 minutes ago, Starman4308 said:

Oh come on, this insanity about not immediately responding to Tony Bruno's tweet is ridiculous.

It would be a nice gesture, but expecting a response in between Friday night and Saturday afternoon is a bit much.

Anyways, looking forwards to Making History. The EVA parachutes are a nice touch for certain types of abort. Does anyone know if something's been said about whether there'll be a quick eject-all-Kerbals-and-pop-chutes button?

As @klgraham1013 pointed out, KSP has tweeted since then. More to the point, I posted about it right here, pretty soon after the tweet in question, and DMed KSP, as well, in case they missed it in their sea of tweets they might get. I posted it here after my first post just to let them know, in case they legitimately missed it.

34 minutes ago, Starman4308 said:

I was thinking the same thing. I'm fairly sure @SQUAD doesn't work over the weekends, so they might not know about it, or about our posts on here.

There is a chance @Darth Badie might check in, but realistically we might not hear back from anyone at @SQUAD until Monday. 

Edited by Just Jim

37 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

Only during crunch time.

And that will most likely be right before the update is released... So they might be enjoying the next couple weekends off.

Who can blame them??? :D 

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Calling @Darth Badie.... Do you know who's running the Squad twitter account??? 
If so, you might want to let them know about this... Mr. Bruno is quite a big deal... :D

What we don't realize that it's actually @Darth Badie  hacked into Mr Bruno's account and plugging KSP, that's why she's not running the Squad tweeter atm :cool:

As a side note, I chimed into that twitter thread and got a like from Mr Bruno!  :D of course for all I know he was spam-liking every post...

31 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

What we don't realize that it's actually @Darth Badie  hacked into Mr Bruno's account and plugging KSP, that's why she's not running the Squad tweeter atm :cool:

Hehehe...

Actually, if you mouse-over her name, you can see she hasn't been on all day, so I'm betting she's gone for the weekend. Hope she's having fun, whatever she's up to... :cool:

Or maybe they have alteady responded in private to Mr Bruno,.  Lets face it Squad (or any company for that matter) have to be careful what they post on public media.  Even a simple forum post saying 'Hi Mr Bruno, we are pleased that you like our game' could risk setting off all sorts of speculation and rumours.

Whatever, its great that senior figures in the space industry are aware of and enjoy KSP.

Now, if only Starman had a Kerbal plushie in the passenger seat...

3 hours ago, klesh said:

He has also gone on to answer a bunch of KSP fans in that very tweet's replies string.

I replied with something along the lines of "KSP allows us "normal" people to do what we always wanted to". He liked it.

My reply got a like by the CEO Of the United Launch Alliance. I have problems believing that.

Edited by Delay

6 minutes ago, pandaman said:

Or maybe they have alteady responded in private to Mr Bruno,.  Lets face it Squad (or any company for that matter) have to be careful what they post on public media.  Even a simple forum post saying 'Hi Mr Bruno, we are pleased that you like our game' could risk setting off all sorts of speculation and rumours.

I enjoy the forward thinking of this statement, but I do disagree. The whole point of being active on twitter are public statements like these, and for a small company like Squad this is nothing but pure gold. Failure to follow up in public on this (with at t he very least a retweet) is a PR failure and unless wild promises are made, a simple tweet (acknowledging Mr. Bruno's tweet) would have no negative consequences at all.

@ToryBruno, we're proud that you're one of us. Would you mind that we add Tory Kerman to our roster? would have been a golden publicity opportunity.

(disclosure: I work closely with somebody who does this kind of stuff for a living)

Seriously, guys? Does it really need to be a scandal and a controversy as to how quickly Squad replies to something? That they might not even feel a need to respond to? On a weekend? With game news and a car on it's way to the asteroid belt, Tweet response time is what you're choosing to be excited about? 

Seriously? 

55 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Does it really need to be a scandal and a controversy as to how quickly Squad replies to something?

Can't we make comments without it being considered a scandal or controversy, just comments?  We can also comment about those other things, and probably have as well.

On 2/9/2018 at 4:19 PM, Azimech said:

Happy to read this, and thank you Squad. The problems in my personal sphere are almost gone and I'm almost ready to be back to this wonderful community. I've got big plans for the future!

Glad things are looking up. :)

When can we expect an engine that uses kerbals with deployed parachutes as moving parts? :D
I suppose this is predicated on a few things:

• Do helmets work as bearings?
  • How engine exhaust affects chutes?
  • Do the shrouds clip though other objects? (probably)
  • Can you use the trim keys in parachute mode? (probably).

Excuse me, I'll be off designing a Kerbal fountain...

22 minutes ago, FleshJeb said:

When can we expect an engine that uses kerbals with deployed parachutes as moving parts? :D

...And behold, the device that was meant to save more Kerbal lives is likely to spell doom for more of their kind...

I remember when printed magazines were circulated, weekly and sometimes, monthly. These would often contain a "letters" column where people, sometimes well-known people, would make a comment about something, and then in the following issue, maybe a week or month later, you could read a reply.  

I don't know how RPG players survived, waiting that long for a hint to come back while they were stuck in a dungeon surrounded by legions of the undead.  (I cheated: I went to the library or bookstore to read a hint book.)

Edited by basic.syntax

3 hours ago, FleshJeb said:

Glad things are looking up. :)

I've contemplated using the colliders of kerbals in a bearing.

qyESYXk.png

emyhj.jpg?a421680

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.