[1.12.x] MissingHistory v1.9.3: Handy parts to complement Making History.

Snark

On 2/13/2021 at 6:36 PM, Starhelperdude said:

are there patches that make the RTG engine use LH2 and use system heat heating?

There’s a Kerbal Atomics patch to make most LF-only engines use liquid hydrogen, I think it’s called KerbalAtomicsNTRsUseLH2 or something similar on CKAN or could be found inside Kerbal Atomics itself if downloaded directly, which makes all nuclear engines from most mods use hydrogen instead with an ISP buff to go with it.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

Just a note that I've released MissingHistory v1.9.3.

No new features-- this is just a compatibility update for KSP 1.12.  The only change is that I have removed the 1.25m engine plate from MissingHistory, since KSP 1.12 now provides that part in stock:D

(Note for nerds:  I haven't actually removed the MissingHistory part, since that would break people's ships that have already been saved and/or launched with that part in it.  Instead, I've merely hidden it, so that it will no longer show up in the parts tab of the vehicle editor.  Existing ships will still work just fine, it's just that the redundant part won't be available for new ship builds.)

• 4 weeks later...

I made a small MM patch to remove duplicate engines that ReStock+ provides:

// Remove ReStock+ duplicates

@PART[liquidEngine303]:NEEDS[ReStock]:FOR[MissingHistory]
{
	%TechHidden = True
	@category = none
	@TechRequired = none
}

@PART[liquidEngineT15]:NEEDS[ReStock]:FOR[MissingHistory]
{
	%TechHidden = True
	@category = none
	@TechRequired = none
}

• 4 months later...
16 hours ago, AtomicTech said:

@Snark, can I use some of the parts and their related resources in this mod for my own?

As with all mods posted in the forums, the answer is in the license, by definition.  ;)

On 3/14/2018 at 1:30 AM, Snark said:

License info

• The Porkjet parts and config here (everything in the MissingHistory/PorkjetParts folder, when installed), is licensed CC-BY-NC 3.0 by Porkjet / Squad.
  • "Palici" pod model and texture is CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0 by @steedcrugeon
  • "Stowaway" cabin model and texture is CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0 by @JadeOfMaar
  • The gray/orange texture for the 1.25m tanks is CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 by @Jarin
  • Everything else is CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 by @Snark.

In the case of MissingHistory, there are different bits of it under license to different people, as enumerated above.  But all of them are under licenses that let you re-use the material in derived works (such as your own mod), so the answer to your question is yes, you can use.  :)

Main thing is to be sure you comply with the license requirements in doing so.  Porkjet's stuff is CC-BY-NC 3.0, and everything else is CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 (by various people as listed).   See the full text of the license (follow the preceding links) for the full, official rules pertaining to those licenses.  The executive summary boils down to this:

• you can use
  • you have to give credit to the original author (who that is depends on which bit you're using-- see above list)
  • you can't use for commercial purposes (e.g. anything for sale; but a mod you post here for free is fine)
  • for the "-SA" ones (i.e. everything except Porkjet's), you have to put the same license on your own mod as this one

2 minutes ago, Snark said:

As with all mods posted in the forums, the answer is in the license, by definition.  ;)

In the case of MissingHistory, there are different bits of it under license to different people, as enumerated above.  But all of them are under licenses that let you re-use the material in derived works (such as your own mod), so the answer to your question is yes, you can use.  :)

Main thing is to be sure you comply with the license requirements in doing so.  Porkjet's stuff is CC-BY-NC 3.0, and everything else is CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 (by various people as listed).   See the full text of the license (follow the preceding links) for the full, official rules pertaining to those licenses.  The executive summary boils down to this:

• you can use
  • you have to give credit to the original author (who that is depends on which bit you're using-- see above list)
  • you can't use for commercial purposes (e.g. anything for sale; but a mod you post here for free is fine)
  • for the "-SA" ones (i.e. everything except Porkjet's), you have to put the same license on your own mod as this one

Thanks! I'm looking forward to integrating it!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't know if it's just me, but my Stomper Solid Booster is weird, its TWR is 13,07 (It's heavier than Thumper, but with the same thrust) and burn time is 106 seconds.

With those stats is not a good solid booster, there is something i can change in the cfg file to fix it?

Edited by urturino

6 hours ago, urturino said:

I don't know if it's just me, but my Stomper Solid Booster is weird, its TWR is 13,07 (It's heavier than Thumper, but with the same thrust) and burn time is 106 seconds.

Something has got to be wrong in your game because it is working for me.  Based on your numbers, the thrust isn't getting factored.  The thrust should be increased by the same 2.5x factor as the mass, giving the Stomper a TWR and burn time the same as the Thumper.

By the way, when computing TWR you need to divide the thrust by g (9.80665 m/s2).  This means your TWR is actually 1.33, not 13.07.  If the thrust were being factored by 2.5x as it should be, the Stomper would have a TWR of 3.33 and a burn time of 42 seconds.

I don't know why it is working correctly for me and not for you.  Perhaps there could be something else in your installtion that is interferring and messing it up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.