• Fixed nullref when landing gear exist which aren't wheels
  • Replaced internal part highlight code with KSP_PartHighlighter
  • Broken parts now flash instead of being solid
  • Added new options in stock Settings page to control flash speed
  • Added new dependency on the SpaceTuxLibrary
  • Added new monitor window, to show all the failed parts
  • Some code cleanup
  • Replaced internal logging with KSP_Log
  • Change toolbar button visibility to be SpaceCenter only for config, flight only for status
  • Cleaned up logging code
  • Added more tooltips to stock settings page
  • Thanks to github user @ippo343 (original author) for this:
    • Lowered additional part cost for storage containers significantly. Storage in command pods and cargobay costs now 14$ per unit of spare parts instead of 63$, making it slightly more expensive compared to the DangIt Repair Bay (12.8$ per unit).
    • Additionallyaly made the resource initiation check for CommunityResourcePack and made SpareParts transferable according to a suggestion by forum user Fulgora
  • Fixed longstanding issue of alarm playing again after leaving the map view
  • Disabled the highlighting when a part is repaired
  • Fixed nullref in fixedUpdate when a kerbal went EVA
  • Fixed new status window properly disabling the correct parts
  • Changed dictionary key from Part to a hashed key
  • Added alarmDisabled flag to allow alarm to be permanently disabled
  • Added support for KerbalChangeLog
  • Added and improved tooltips on the stock settings page, thanks to forum user @Daniel Prates for some suggested tooltips

Note:  New dependency added:

New Dependency added for version 0.7.20.5

Major thanks to forum user @Daniel Prates for his willingness to be a QA tester for me.  Without him, this release would not have been possible

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...

Just checking in again on the topic of making SpareParts while in flight.  Do we have a way to make them insitu?   In the past there was talk of compatibility patches to make it work with USI mods so the workshop could make these parts.  Has this been done?  I still cant find a part in my parts list that will allow me to manufacture the SpareParts.

• 2 months later...

Good Afternoon.

What process or function does 'Dang it' carry out in the background while in the VAB / SPH? I ask as I noticed something unusual and trying to understand it. On a vanilla install I can have a near infinite amount of manned command pods connected together without any performance impact.  When I install Dang it, Space Tux,  toolbar controller and click through blocker once I get to 30 manned command pods connected together my FPS begins to drop to single figures. 

When I launch the vessel FPS returns to 60 when on the pad or on the runway and this only happens with manned commanded pods.  That's not really problem, however on a 135 mod install I can have near infinite amount of manned command pods connected together without any performance impact. Then I add dang it and my fps drops to single figures with any more than 3 manned command pods. 

I have spend the last week removing and adding mods back in one at a time without any success at identifying a conflict or any red errors in the console. 

Conclusion from my testing was that the slow down was attributed to total number of parts loaded into the game. As after not identifying a conflict with my mods. I then ran vanilla + dang it plus a large number of part packs I don't normally use and was able to replicate it. 

Edited by WhitestWizard

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 11:48 AM, WhitestWizard said:

I get to 30 manned command pods connected together my FPS begins to drop to single figures. 

on a 135 mod install I can have near infinite amount of manned command pods connected

If I can't have a craft with hundreds of  manned command pods, I rather have no craft at all!

Changing the subject: has anyone played through the new vanilla failures + damage repair system? It has nothing going on compared to dangit.  Seems dangit will remain as the best failure/repair option for now.

If both remain active, one will have to carry provisions for both (dangit spare parts AND stock repair kits), so if the stock difficulty settings allow for it, I am guessing the way to go is to disable vanilla damages and use the mod. I am guessing there will be no conflicts.... right?

Edited by Daniel Prates

I was / am wondering the same. One needs to make a distinction between vanilla and dangit failure types as both are very much unique.

DangIt fails parts randomly and with an engineer and `Spareparts` you cannot repair e.g. a smashed solar panel. So if you disable vanilla "failures" you will end up with a permanently broken solar panel if you hit something with it.

I think the best solution would be to have both and make DangIt use the new  vanilla `Repair Kits` but in the end it's up to linuxgurugamer - I am certain he is well aware of the new update :wink:

Even if everything stays as it I'd leave both enabled together - I haven't attempted an update of my install yet though.

8 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Right @Fulgora. On top of that, I just checked and the vanilla repair mechanic is not something you can 'turn off' on the settings. 

Indeed @linuxgurugamer is there a way in which dangit remains the same but uses the new stock repair kit? It would bring together the best of both worlds. 

No idea.  I’m  not going to be able to take a look at the 1.11 changes for a few weeks, and it sounds like DangIt my require a rewrite

• 1 month later...

Did this mod at one point have a mechanic where the more you built a specific craft / part, the more reliable it got? I really remember there was a failure mod with that mechanic and I really thought it was Dang It!, but I've read through the documentation and haven't found anything about it. Was that something the mod used to have and has since been removed, or am I thinking of an entirely different mod?

2 minutes ago, SpacedInvader said:

Did this mod at one point have a mechanic where the more you built a specific craft / part, the more reliable it got? I really remember there was a failure mod with that mechanic and I really thought it was Dang It!, but I've read through the documentation and haven't found anything about it. Was that something the mod used to have and has since been removed, or am I thinking of an entirely different mod?

Not sure about DangIt! but I know OhScrap! has a mechanic like that.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I would like to know if Dang it works well with Roverdude's usi mks mods and with Nertea's near future mods.

I read the wiki and I assume that it is fine, am I right ? Will the new parts from these mods be able to fail? ^^

Edit : Of course I read the red sentence in the OP too. But I am curious about the "As long as some conditions are respected". What are these conditions? :)

Thanks!

Edited by chateaudav

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, highlander0065 said:

Does this mod work on 1.11?  Parts fail correctly, but I can't figure out how to take collect spareparts as a kerbal.  

From the Wiki:

Repairs

If (when) a problem happens, it's not the end: you can still get out and repair the failed part.

To do this, just:

1. go on EVA;
  2. fly to a container of spare parts (typically, your pod);
  3. fly to the broken part;
  4. activate the repair button;
  5. profit!

Yeah, that doesn't work.  A part breaks, I leave the pod (a hitchhiker pod I believe?) which has 640 spareparts, go to the broken item, when I click repair, or whatever the service option is, it says "you need X spare parts to perform this action".  I haven't played in a few versions, but I seem to remember you used to have to click the pod containing the parts and select "take spare parts", or something like that.  

Edited by highlander0065

2 hours ago, highlander0065 said:

Yeah, that doesn't work.  A part breaks, I leave the pod (a hitchhiker pod I believe?) which has 640 spareparts, go to the broken item, when I click repair, or whatever the service option is, it says "you need X spare parts to perform this action".  I haven't played in a few versions, but I seem to remember you used to have to click the pod containing the parts and select "take spare parts", or something like that.  

Don't you need to take the parts with you to fix the broken part?

I don't know, haven't used this in a long time

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, hello there said:

turns out it does not all the command pods have the spare parts but non of the info about reliability nor the actual part failures

You need to be a bit more specific.  Reliability of which parts, and what about actual part failures

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I seem to be having an issue where certain parts tend to lag when I'm in the VAB/SPH. I saw someone else seemed to have a similar issue earlier, however in my case the fps drop occurs with only a single part, but it seems to be inconsistant as only certain parts seem to cause the drop, those being select crew capsuals (mostly modded) and the Mk1 structual fuselage of all things, but none of the command pods seem to lag at all, as it did in their case.

I'm not too sure about their conslusion about it being only related to mod count, seeing as the fps drop only ocurrs when DangIt is installed, not to mention I'm currently running a rather "small" modpack, running only about 30 actual part packs (normaly I'm looking at 50+ part packs), so I'm not conviced it's only due to a large number of parts loaded, as I am very familar with that type of lag, and this is not that.