[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

Hey @Nertea, I've made a small patch that adds dark RCS tank variants and was wondering if I could get your permission to release it, since it does use modified restock textures.

Or if it could be incorporated into restock that would be great, but I'm no texture artist, so I don't know if it's good enough for that. Anyway, here's a screenshot of what it looks like. 

tWzG5rS.jpg

On 12/24/2021 at 5:45 AM, Coldrifting said:

Hey @Nertea, I've made a small patch that adds dark RCS tank variants and was wondering if I could get your permission to release it, since it does use modified restock textures.

Or if it could be incorporated into restock that would be great, but I'm no texture artist, so I don't know if it's good enough for that. Anyway, here's a screenshot of what it looks like. 

tWzG5rS.jpg

I'd love to have that!

Hi, maybe someone could give me a hand. There is already a bug logged under ReStock Issue #965 about the Communotron 88-88, as it is extended when newly placed in the VAB. Retracting doesn't help, as it extends again the moment you go to the launch side. There is a solution mentioned in the bug report, where one would remove files and lines from specific ReStock config files. My idea was, to try adding this antenna to my .restockwhitelist file, as I found this easier to do, but the stock doesn't load.

My .restockwhitelist:

Squad/Parts/Utility/rcsBlockRV-105_v2/
Squad/Parts/Utility/rcsSmallLinear/
Squad/Parts/Utility/commDish88-88/

The stock RCS's load perfectly in game, but not the stock Communotron 88-88. Any ideas, why white-listing it doesn't work?

17 hours ago, Cave_Lupum said:

Hi, maybe someone could give me a hand. There is already a bug logged under ReStock Issue #965 about the Communotron 88-88, as it is extended when newly placed in the VAB. Retracting doesn't help, as it extends again the moment you go to the launch side. There is a solution mentioned in the bug report, where one would remove files and lines from specific ReStock config files. My idea was, to try adding this antenna to my .restockwhitelist file, as I found this easier to do, but the stock doesn't load.

My .restockwhitelist:

Squad/Parts/Utility/rcsBlockRV-105_v2/
Squad/Parts/Utility/rcsSmallLinear/
Squad/Parts/Utility/commDish88-88/

The stock RCS's load perfectly in game, but not the stock Communotron 88-88. Any ideas, why white-listing it doesn't work?

Did you disable the part of the config that replaces the textures and models? I assume you did it for the rcs parts since they load as stock.

If the whitelist doesn't work for some reason (I had a similar problem once) I found deleting or commenting the corresponding lines from the blacklist easier.

On 12/25/2021 at 11:18 PM, Coldrifting said:

Here's an update on those dark RCS fuel tanks I've been working on. I've re-added the square chevrons back as white chevrons, and I've also added dark heat shield shroud variants. The heat shields are upside down to better illustrate that the color variants are working.

LyAlXTQ.png

That looks great! Could you maybe make dark variants for parachutes as well?

2 hours ago, Just a random person said:

Did you disable the part of the config that replaces the textures and models? I assume you did it for the rcs parts since they load as stock.

If the whitelist doesn't work for some reason (I had a similar problem once) I found deleting or commenting the corresponding lines from the blacklist easier.

That looks great! Could you maybe make dark variants for parachutes as well?

My brain surely not what it used to be and possibly never was in a good condition in the first place :confused:. Thanks for the hint and sorry to have wasted your time. I totally forgot that whitelisting is only enabling models and textures to be loaded and you need to edit the corresponding Restock patch CFG's as well, so the stock part is loaded at all. I'd edited the ReStock RCS patch, so the stock RCS are loaded and the ReStock ones are added additionally, but totally forgot about it. Thanks again!

2 minutes ago, Cave_Lupum said:

My brain surely not what it used to be and possibly never was in a good condition in the first place :confused:. Thanks for the hint and sorry to have wasted your time. I totally forgot that whitelisting is only enabling models and textures to be loaded and you need to edit the corresponding Restock patch CFG's as well, so the stock part is loaded at all. I'd edited the ReStock RCS patch, so the stock RCS are loaded and the ReStock ones are added additionally, but totally forgot about it. Thanks again!

No problem, glad I could help!

I've posted an earlier version of this in the GitHub wishlist thread, but I don't know if that actually gets read, so I'm posting it here as well. I've been working on a 1.875m docking port for a mod I've been working on, but I think that it's something that should be in stock, and thus in scope for the Restock Plus mod. I'm not sure who to contact about possible inclusion though. Either way, I'm not much of a texture artist, so any tips on how to better texture this would be appreciated too. Here's a picture of what I have so far:

61ms2ww.png

Coming back to KSP after not having played for awhile, I noticed that ReStock's 1.25m "EP-12 Engine Plate" appears in-game even when MH  is installed, which also provides an EP-12 Engine Plate.  The other ReStock engine plates are hidden via MM when MH is installed, but the 1.25m one doesn't have the flag to make that happen.  (Maybe MH didn't provide a 1.25m engine plate before 1.12?  I don't remember.)

Anyway, here's a patch for anyone who's interested:

@PART[restock-engineplate-125-1]
{
	# Hide when MH is installed
	&MHReplacement = True
}

On 1/9/2022 at 12:13 AM, Wyzard said:

Coming back to KSP after not having played for awhile, I noticed that ReStock's 1.25m "EP-12 Engine Plate" appears in-game even when MH  is installed, which also provides an EP-12 Engine Plate.  The other ReStock engine plates are hidden via MM when MH is installed, but the 1.25m one doesn't have the flag to make that happen.  (Maybe MH didn't provide a 1.25m engine plate before 1.12?  I don't remember.)

Anyway, here's a patch for anyone who's interested:

@PART[restock-engineplate-125-1]
{
	# Hide when MH is installed
	&MHReplacement = True
}

This keeps the ugly Squad part and hides the nice-looking Restock part, which unfortunately is counterproductive since having nice-looking parts is the point of installing Restock. Ideally the Restock appearance will be applied to the Squad part at some point, but until that happens the arguably "better" solution is to use the Restock part and just ignore the Squad part.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Cheesecake said:

Wasn`t there a variant of the little girder-truss which had a switch to a triangle and a flat truss? I could swear there was, but didn`t found it.

you know I remember them as well just could not remember where they came from.

On 12/25/2021 at 1:18 PM, Coldrifting said:

Here's an update on those dark RCS fuel tanks I've been working on. I've re-added the square chevrons back as white chevrons, and I've also added dark heat shield shroud variants. The heat shields are upside down to better illustrate that the color variants are working.

LyAlXTQ.png

Wow! These look awesome, would you mind sending them to me? I'd love to try them :)

11 hours ago, Adiri said:

Wow! These look awesome, would you mind sending them to me? I'd love to try them :)

Yeah, same- I'm a teensy bit worried about the copyright issue... but then again, nobody seems to have objected. I feel like the most likely outcome for this is "next version of restock includes this" rather than "cease and desist" :P

I am unsure if this question has already been asked, but is there a chance of an already existing save breaking when adding this mod to it? Basically, If I have a save with tons of vessels already, would it be corrupted if I installed this?

3 hours ago, Kerb24 said:

I am unsure if this question has already been asked, but is there a chance of an already existing save breaking when adding this mod to it? Basically, If I have a save with tons of vessels already, would it be corrupted if I installed this?

Restock is just an asset-swap and shouldn't break anything.

5 hours ago, Kerb24 said:

The only change I've noticed when using Restock is that occasionally placements of things on craft built in stock can be a little odd- the part models don't change greatly, but if you're depending on a very specific offset for purely aesthetic purposes something may change. IME nothing will be damaged functionally.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 4:43 PM, mateusviccari said:

Is there a way to leave the stock engines untouched? I mean, replace all parts with restock except the engines? I've tried removing the "Engines" folder from assets and patches but now the stock engines are missing from VAB

From the OPhttps://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/wiki/Asset-Blacklist-and-Whitelist 

Also: https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/wiki/Restoring-Stock-Parts

Edited by Poodmund