KSP2 Hype Train Thread

Or maybe, just maybe, the attachment point size doesn't matter anymore (I'm ready to be proved wrong if there's a footage from the development process) and you could as easily put an Ant engine on that tank.

Unisize attachment point, yes, that's a great idea.

Just now, The Aziz said:

Or maybe, just maybe, the attachment point size doesn't matter anymore (I'm ready to be proved wrong if there's a footage from the development process) and you could as easily put an Ant engine on that tank.

Not sure what you mean, you could always attach parts with different attachment point sizes, they just wouldn't be flush. I'm guessing 2.5m based on the size of the truss connector we can see at each end of the spherical tank.

Just now, The Aziz said:

i was thinking the same thing, a "orb" doesn't really fit as "OH MY GOD ITS 23.75M CONFIRMIED!!!!!1" its more of a "fuel tank" with a weird shape that is highly dynamic shape that doesn't confirm to any real size besides saying "orbs are here" and i would say that orb would be "small" if not medium, so perhaps a "semi modular sized fuel tank" could be stating that there is going be more fuel tank "shapes" for unique building instead of it being in a typical ksp building.

58 minutes ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

We're coming up on being one sidereal month away from launch, and you know what that means! The next time the moon is between Pisces and Cetus, you'll be playing KSP 2!

You haven't seen my hardware. But I will definitely be watching KSP2 videos.

So, what do ya'll think we're going to get tomorrow or Monday in the form of a sneak peak? That's assuming they follow the pattern I've noticed of posting something every 2 to 3 days. 

Airplane flying around KSC - 1/20

Duna Transport - 1/23

Rocket on launchpad - 1/25

Reusable Rocket - 1/27

??? - 1/29 or 1/30

12 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Upscaling is ok, but for obvious reason  a mammoth  in a  tiny  tank  is not reasonable.

Just now, DwightLee said:

Its funny, my favorite part of the roadmaps... is that partial block at the end that is not shown.  KSP2_Steam_About_ROADMAP_EN-sq.jpg

Yeah, when asked about it, KSP Twitter said we'll just have to wait and see. 

And tbh, we don't know what else is past that final 7th tab. It could be 20 more tabs past that one. 

We'll find out in a year or so when the Roadmap gets updated after 1.0.

I'm glad you brought this picture up

Because if one would look at the Interstellar update, there's an Orion engine. Not the Torch drive, not Deadalus, not MH. Orion. I have a feeling that it's when that kind of engines comes out.

1 minute ago, The Aziz said:

I'm glad you brought this picture up

Because if one would look at the Interstellar update, there's an Orion engine. Not the Torch drive, not Deadalus, not MH. Orion. I have a feeling that it's when that kind of engines comes out.

Idk why they're waiting until interstellar to give us Orion Drives. 

Orion Drives are only good for interplanetary trajectories, not interstellar, from what I understand at least. 

Well, most Orion drives. The Orion Battleship might be suitable for interstellar travel due to it being literally the size of a small state, but they aren't showing the Orion Battleship. They're showing on of the smaller Orion Drives. 

It would make more sense to give us Orion drives at launch of EA or at least with Colonies with orbital construction. 

14 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Question (wasn't sure where to ask). 

Will my Chromebook (core i5 10th gen) be able to handle ksp 2?

I know minimum specs aren't out yet, but just curious what others think. 

Chromebook? As in android? 

If your chromebook lacks a graphics card, it's going to hurt you a lot. 

Edited by GoldForest

Just now, PlutoISaPlanet said:

I was looking at KSP specs, I have everything exept a graphics card. 

Trying to find an alternative until the game releases on console. 

Build a pc. 

If your chromebook has thunderbolt, you can get an external graphics card box.

And with Chromebook being android, you'll have to use a Windows VM as the Linux version of KSP 2 (Android is a kernal of Linux IIRC) won't be out until after 1.0. Even then, Steam for Android is still in Beta I believe, so you'll still have to use a VM to get Steam working, I think. And console won't be out for a little bit after 1.0, possibly. 

1.0 is about a year or two away, presumably. You'll be waiting a long time, and your chromebook probably won't handle KSP 2 that well without a graphics card. Integrated graphics have always been bad on Intel machines. 

My guess is we get orion right away, along with some other advanced engines more suited to interplanetary than interstellar (more nuclear engines, magnetoplasma rockets, MAYBE some early fusion drives but I doubt it). Interstellar would be when we start getting huge Daedalus-style fusion drives with ISP in the millions and not just tens of thousands.

Side note, just realized Orion is the perfect drive system for getting off Tylo. Huge thrust AND efficiency on a moon with high gravity and no atmosphere!

And then what, interstellar update, one of the most anticipated thing since the announcement, comes with one (1) engine, maybe in few sizes? Only because everything else doesn't fit with "interstellar" theme and thus should be available on first release? I said it before, Orion fits with way too useful part of the engine chart. Nertea didn't even mention it in his diary.

7 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

And then what, interstellar update, one of the most anticipated thing since the announcement, comes with one (1) engine, maybe in few sizes? Only because everything else doesn't fit with "interstellar" theme and thus should be available on first release? I said it before, Orion fits with way too useful part of the engine chart. Nertea didn't even mention it in his diary.

Orbital Vehicle Assembly aswell

there is alot of "theoretical engines" that could be added. but its in the way to useful part.. but its going to have to happen due to its "theoretical" part of what they want to do with ksp 2.

18 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Fusion engines and fission engines will come with interstellar, not just Daedalus ICFP in different sizes.