This and that

VoidSquid

5 minutes ago, Nigel J. Cardozo said:

someone I'd actually like to meet in RL

In stark contrast to *insert a politician you despise* or *insert a politician you like*  :) 

Ah, politics... and every time you think it can't get any crazier: it just does :D 

I'm very curious how things will look after Corona, or in a year or two.

One thing is true: we're living in interesting times.

Edited by VoidSquid

Just now, VoidSquid said:

In stark contrast to *insert a politician you despise* or *insert a politician you like*  :) 

Ah, politics... and every time you think it can't get any crazier: it just does :D 

I'm very curious how things will look after Corona, or in a year or two.

You're actually quite nice I just wish I could meet you too in RL!

1 hour ago, VoidSquid said:

Ancient Chinese curse:  May you live in interesting times

20 minutes ago, Nigel J. Cardozo said:

Can we block unity analysis?

For some reason, I thought you wrote:  urinary analysis 

19 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ancient Chinese curse:  May you live in interesting times

Very true, and in times of the new virus, the more.

19 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

urinary analysis 

As long as you don't ask me for a sample: go ahead :D 

Yuck... guys, seriously? ;) 

Edited by VoidSquid

5 hours ago, Nigel J. Cardozo said:

According to me, I feel like it is like take for example you are having a bath in your bathroom and suddenly a robot walks in and stares at you and start to film you having a bath. Same thing applies for unity. The robot is unity analysis and the bathroom is KSP and you having a bath is you playing KSP

5 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

For that unity thing, @Snark thankfully took the time to figure out the hosts Unity was talking to, I simply did modify my hosts file:

However, every time you use KSP-AVC or any other Add'On that checks something automatically for you, you trigger a nice log on someones' NGINX/Apache/IIS/whatever log. And with the high concentration of Add'On on fewer hands, we have again a problem of privacy - not to mention SpaceDock and Curseforge.

It's a lost battle.

And in general, I always use VPN, 

The only possible solution.

do not use any "social media", always use not-my-real-identity online whenever possible, and try avoid to provide any personal data when online. What isn't there, nobody can trace :) 

If you use Google, or some of your friends have a "social media" account, you are toast the same.

I gave up trying to fight for my privacy due Facebook, A freaking retard that know me gladly filled all my personal info (including the freaking University I attended, not to mention some previous Jobs I was not willing to disclose) on his personal agenda with my freaking mobile number. Then some other stand-up guy filled my mobile number on his mobile's phonebook using one of my nicknames.

And years of effort were gone through the tubes.

1984 was a prophetic book, we are indeed living on the Big Brother Era - it just happens that Private Companies got there first.

28 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

Kerbal Spying Program would be a hell of a game

And you just justified a nice game mode for multiplayer.

Differently people doing missions on a central server, where they can see what others are doing but not exactly how.

You need to build some spying infrastructure (cold war style) to earn points by reproducing some of the other players hardware or undisclosed missions.

That would be fun!

Ugh... it's getting closer, much closer, Italy just closed all schools an universities.

And my boss went for ski holidays, staying in a 1st class international holiday resort not-so-far...

And my colleague will be back on Monday from a holiday trip to SE Asia, with two major international airports on his trip...

And a friend of mine living in not-so-far city away is now on home office as per order of his company...

And knowing my boss, he'll call me names and tell me he'll fire me (I know him) if I say I'd prefer to do home office (which would be perfectly fine as working remotely is our company's main business).

/me unhappy.

Edited by VoidSquid

23 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

And knowing my boss, he'll call me names and tell me he'll fire me (I know him) if I say I'd prefer to do home office (which would be perfectly fine as working remotely is our company's main business).

Risk Management.

Your boss will be paying you integral if you get sick and in quarantine for half a month or more?

If not, I think it's time to seriously consider a change in your professional hierarchy - i.e. it's time to fire your boss.

2 hours ago, Lisias said:

it's time to fire your boss.

That's what I'm thinking for years, but I have the strong impression he seems to think otherwise.

fun fact (actually not funny at all): he already had two heart attacks, but just continues to do things as if nothing ever had happened.

Edited by VoidSquid

26 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

he already had two heart attacks, but just continues to do things as if nothing ever had happened.

So it's better to hurry up, or you risk attending his funeral and seeing a Unpaid Day Off deducted from your payment...

6 minutes ago, Lisias said:

you risk attending his funeral

My honest comment here would violate the forum rules.

13 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

He has F9

Or so he thinks, yes. Or he's just ignorant.

Edited by VoidSquid

2 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

He tested twice.

We have two phrases in German for what you said to me:

Carrying water to the Rhine river.

Bringing owls to Athens.

EDIT: three actually:

breaking through open doors.

Edited by VoidSquid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.