[1.12.x] Waypoint Manager - New Dependency added

linuxgurugamer

Just a quick question. I saw it asked but not an answer about custom waypoint hiding/removal. Is it possible to reset the waypoints to the ones shown by default without deleting custom ones from the menu panel individually? I can set them to active, of course, to hide them on the screen.

• 7 months later...

EhCxGok.png

Is there a way to move the element in the red box? It overlaps with the stock text  alerts like "Entering X Waypoint" and "Quicksaving".  Looks like I can rescale it, but I can't seem to find a way to move it around. Thanks for maintaining the mod @linuxgurugamer!

Edited by not-a-cylon
formatting

18 hours ago, not-a-cylon said:

Is there a way to move the element in the red box? It overlaps with the stock text  alerts like "Entering X Waypoint" and "Quicksaving".  Looks like I can rescale it, but I can't seem to find a way to move it around. Thanks for maintaining the mod @linuxgurugamer!

I'll take a look at it.  Looks like you are using an ultrawide monitor,that's probably messing with positioning a bit

17 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll take a look at it.  Looks like you are using an ultrawide monitor,that's probably messing with positioning a bit

@not-a-cylon It's already logged: 

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/WaypointManager/issues/9
It has done something similar on 1920x1280 and 4K. I just noticed this again when getting gravity scans in orbit, waiting for it to say "Entering zone XYZ" 

It does it on my perfectly ordinary 1080p display also. The most common issue for me is when the part overheating gauge appears, it covers the waypoint text. Which, since I use SystemHeat, is often, because the radiators get hot.

I love this mod, by the way. I use it to mark biomes to target for landing, and (with the icons and colors) to keep track of which ones I've sent science probes to, and which ones I've sent kerbals to, etc.

Edited by AmanitaVerna

• 2 weeks later...

New release, 2.8.4

• Added ability to drag the onscreen live display of status to anywhere on screen (need to hold down either left or right control button)
  • Added reset button to settings page to reset the position of the live display to the default
  • cleaned up some really old code

That sounds very useful @linuxgurugamer, thanks. Any chance of adding an option to toggle a background shading (like the huds in KER)? It can be very difficult to read the display when flying around cloudy parts of Kerbin (pale text against a white background is hard on my old eyes:blink:).

@linuxgurugamer Just did a bit of testing and I can't get the settings menu to display.

Spoiler

60Lgkrp.png

After I first encountered the problem, I tested on clean 1.12.5 install with just Waypoint Manager (and dependencies) installed. New sandbox save, enter VAB, add mk1 pod, launch, test WP.

Log file here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoMBZCPKpMrQxTE0l_tCCJYEyjn7?e=R8QIlV

Not sure how useful that log will be as it contains 0 errors or exceptions.

Rolled test build back to WPM 2.8.3.5 to confirm menu worked fine in that version under same test.

Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2024 at 11:27 PM, Aelfhe1m said:

That sounds very useful @linuxgurugamer, thanks. Any chance of adding an option to toggle a background shading (like the huds in KER)? It can be very difficult to read the display when flying around cloudy parts of Kerbin (pale text against a white background is hard on my old eyes:blink:).

Not sure, I'll see what I can do

On 3/6/2024 at 2:20 AM, Aelfhe1m said:

@linuxgurugamer Just did a bit of testing and I can't get the settings menu to display.

Looking into it

Edit:  I found the problem with the settings window.  I'm going to see if I can get that background shading in there for you 

Edited by linuxgurugamer

New release, 2.8.4.1

• Fixed setting window not displaying (unintended sideeffect of the previous update)
  • Added colored background (grey) for onscreen display (controllable via slider in settings window)

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 2.8.4.1

• Fixed setting window not displaying (unintended sideeffect of the previous update)
  • Added colored background (grey) for onscreen display (controllable via slider in settings window)

Thanks for that quick update. I've tried it in my RP1 build and it works (mostly) great. Seems to be a slight problem with the setting not being reapplied on subsequent launches.

Steps:

• In game, I bring up the WPM config panel and set a display opacity of about 60%. Grey background displays behind on-screen text correctly.
  • Next flight without changing any settings, grey background is absent, but opening the WPM config panel shows it still set to about 60%.
Spoiler

R1m4hF7.png

This is more of an annoyance than a breaking problem, as it's simply fixed by reopening the config and tweaking the opacity up or down slightly.

Oh, and the green on grey is still a little bit hard to read. A darker grey or black would be better if it's not too much trouble. (Or an option to change all the text to white would also work)

43 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Steps:

• In game, I bring up the WPM config panel and set a display opacity of about 60%. Grey background displays behind on-screen text correctly.
  • Next flight without changing any settings, grey background is absent, but opening the WPM config panel shows it still set to about 60%.

I see it, and it's really wierd,  Not sure yet what's happening, when I tested using the scaling, that worked, and it's literally the same block of code

New release, 2.8.4.2

• Fixed Next flight without changing any settings, grey background is absent
    • Multiple initializions are needed because KSP/Unity is stupid and loses the background texture between scenes
  • Added ability to control the grey scale of the display background
  • Adjusted display lines to not overlap

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Hi! I have an issue with this mod: I can see an icon in toolbar but when I click it nothing happens - no windows, no UI, nothing. However, all icons from contracts are displaying and reacting and I can set navigation to them. Is there an easy fix for such behavior? It is a shame to use only a fraction of functionality of this great mod

UPD.: Nevermind, reinstall did the trick, now mod works like a charm

Edited by MiB2k

8 hours ago, MiB2k said:

Hi! I have an issue with this mod: I can see an icon in toolbar but when I click it nothing happens - no windows, no UI, nothing. However, all icons from contracts are displaying and reacting and I can set navigation to them. Is there an easy fix for such behavior? It is a shame to use only a fraction of functionality of this great mod

How did you install WPM, CKAN or manually?  If manually, did you install all of the dependencies?

You may want to read this post on how to report issues.  Often, evidence of abnormal behaviour is in the log file so help out the mod author/maintainer and the rest of us plebeians as we try to diagnose the problem you're having.

On 5/30/2024 at 8:53 PM, Brigadier said:

How did you install WPM, CKAN or manually?

It was CKAN installation and i triple checked that version was latest. Unfortunatelly I saw your suggestion too late and all those logs have gone by now

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, MiB2k said:

Unfortunatelly I saw your suggestion too late and all those logs have gone by now

That's ok, the logs are generated every time you play.  If you can replicate the issue with minimum time in-game (start, replicate the problem, exit, save the log to keep the file small), post the log file and any screenshot/video if you can.

Edited by Brigadier