[1.12.x] Kopernicus Stable branch (Last Updated February 12th, 2024)

R-T-B

1 hour ago, KerbinIsTheBest_20 said:

When I open up the game it always says that it cant load the custom planetary system and I don't know how to fix it, please help

Did you install everything correctly? Do you have a screenshot of your Gamedata folder? If everything is ok in your install the smart people here are probably going to want to see your logs...

New in this latest version release-154:

1.) Finally fixed CreateColors, making the colorsfix setting obsolete.

Known Bugs:

1.) Not exactly a bug, but worth mentioning: The Kopernicus_Config.cfg file is rewritten when the game exits. This means any manual (not in the GUI) edits made while playing the game will not be preserved. Edit the file only with the game exited, please.

2.) At interstellar ranges, heat can sometimes behave strangely, sometimes related to map zoom (be careful zooming out). It is best to turn off part heating when traveling far far away.

3.) When zooming out all the way out in map view at interstellar ranges, the navball furthermore sometimes behaves oddly. We are working on this and monitoring all the interstellar bugs actively.

4.) Very Old craft files may complain about a missing module. This is a cosmetic error and can be ignored. Reload and re-save the craft to remove the error.

Known Caveats:

1.) The 1.12.x release series works on 1.12.x. The 1.11.x,1.10.x,1.9.x and 1.8.x releases are deprecated

2.) Multistar Solar panel support requires an additional config file, attached to release.

3.) As of release-107, scatter density underwent a bugfix on all bodies globally that results in densities acting more dense than before on some select configs. Some mods may need to adjust. Normally we'd not change things like this, but this is technically the correct stock behavior of the node so... if you need the old behavior, see config option UseIncorrectScatterDensityLogic.

4.) As of Release-119, LandControl createColors is no longer obeyed, it is forced on to avoid another bug. Very few mods to my knowledge use this parameter, but a few do (JNSQ for example). We work around this in game now, but if you need createColor colors, turn option "EnableColorFix" to false.

5.) As of release-151, polar generation behavior has changed slightly. Though it will be safer overall for new missions, be careful loading existing craft there. This is probably not lethal but I don't want you to be unaware. Maybe make a save just in case? ;)

6.) The "collider fix" as it's called, which fixes the event in which you sink into the terrain on distant bodies, is now on by default. If you really need distant colliders, turn this off, but you'd best have a good reason (I can't think of any).

7.) The particle system was hopelessly broken and has been since sometime past 1.10.x. Few mods used it, so it has been removed completely as of Release-146.

8.) Because we now unpack multipart PQSCity's correctly, you may find some PQSCity structures are in the earth or floating. Report such bugs to your planet pack author as this is an intended change (only cosmetic).

16 hours ago, R-T-B said:

New in this latest version release-154:

1.) Finally fixed CreateColors, making the colorsfix setting obsolete.

I think this made St. Patrick's Day come a wee bit early in JNSQ... 

Zvj2tfb.jpg

This could inspire a mod though... add a rainbow and a contract to find the funds at the end of it but can never be found?  :P

Anyway, it seems functional. Let me know if this belongs here or if JNSQ needs to adapt. Thanks

Hmm installed the latest version and now seeing my profile picture everywhere .

I've purged from cache and reinstalled but still getting the same. 

I'll reinstall manually but just thought I'd check, is the nyan-cat still a kopernicus version thing? 

5 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

I think this made St. Patrick's Day come a wee bit early in JNSQ... 

Zvj2tfb.jpg

This could inspire a mod though... add a rainbow and a contract to find the funds at the end of it but can never be found?  :P

Anyway, it seems functional. Let me know if this belongs here or if JNSQ needs to adapt. Thanks

This seems to be some JNSQ work around they left in for the old createcolors issues.  I'll advise them.  Until they adapt, it is safe to downgrade a version.

Technically, we are seeing the correct behavior now, as odd as it may be in JNSQ right now!  lol

EDIT:  After discussion with JNSQ it seems this may actually be a bug.  Stand by.

Edited by R-T-B

Dedicated to the inital report by of this by @Krazy1

New in this latest version release-155:

1.) Fixed a scenario in which some mods would get createcolors stuck on (looking at you, leprechaun valley JNSQ).

Known Bugs:

1.) Not exactly a bug, but worth mentioning: The Kopernicus_Config.cfg file is rewritten when the game exits. This means any manual (not in the GUI) edits made while playing the game will not be preserved. Edit the file only with the game exited, please.

2.) At interstellar ranges, heat can sometimes behave strangely, sometimes related to map zoom (be careful zooming out). It is best to turn off part heating when traveling far far away.

3.) When zooming out all the way out in map view at interstellar ranges, the navball furthermore sometimes behaves oddly. We are working on this and monitoring all the interstellar bugs actively.

4.) Very Old craft files may complain about a missing module. This is a cosmetic error and can be ignored. Reload and re-save the craft to remove the error.

Known Caveats:

1.) The 1.12.x release series works on 1.12.x. The 1.11.x,1.10.x,1.9.x and 1.8.x releases are deprecated

2.) Multistar Solar panel support requires an additional config file, attached to release.

3.) As of release-107, scatter density underwent a bugfix on all bodies globally that results in densities acting more dense than before on some select configs. Some mods may need to adjust. Normally we'd not change things like this, but this is technically the correct stock behavior of the node so... if you need the old behavior, see config option UseIncorrectScatterDensityLogic.

4.) As of Release-119, LandControl createColors is no longer obeyed, it is forced on to avoid another bug. Very few mods to my knowledge use this parameter, but a few do (JNSQ for example). We work around this in game now, but if you need createColor colors, turn option "EnableColorFix" to false.

5.) As of release-151, polar generation behavior has changed slightly. Though it will be safer overall for new missions, be careful loading existing craft there. This is probably not lethal but I don't want you to be unaware. Maybe make a save just in case? ;)

6.) The "collider fix" as it's called, which fixes the event in which you sink into the terrain on distant bodies, is now on by default. If you really need distant colliders, turn this off, but you'd best have a good reason (I can't think of any).

7.) The particle system was hopelessly broken and has been since sometime past 1.10.x. Few mods used it, so it has been removed completely as of Release-146.

8.) Because we now unpack multipart PQSCity's correctly, you may find some PQSCity structures are in the earth or floating. Report such bugs to your planet pack author as this is an intended change (only cosmetic).

Hello, I ran into an issue where some landmarks like the mun arches, memorial and most monoliths turn invisible when I have kopernicus installed.

I tried it on a clean install of ksp with no other mods and it's the same. the flags I planted on them are just floating above the ground.

While others, like the ksc monolith or the Duna face are still visible...

Also tried release 154, same thing.

edit: Thanks for the quick update, all is well for now.

Edited by incal1

5 hours ago, incal1 said:

Hello, I ran into an issue where some landmarks like the mun arches, memorial and most monoliths turn invisible when I have kopernicus installed.

I tried it on a clean install of ksp with no other mods and it's the same. the flags I planted on them are just floating above the ground.

While others, like the ksc monolith or the Duna face are still visible...

Also tried release 154, same thing.

Thanks for the report, just fixed this:

New in this latest version release-156:

1.) Fixed a scenario in which some PQS Surface objects would fail to appear.

Known Bugs:

Known Caveats:

Hi! I have 2 seperate ksp installs, one that is heavily modded (with kopernicus and several planet packs) which runs fine (all be it slow lol), and a fresh, clean install with nothing but kopernicus and module manager, this small install seems to cause my pc to crash and restart shortly after loading past the main menu and into the actual game (removing the kopernicus, and only kopernicus folder in gamedata fixes it, and the game runs like normal), I am running Arch Linux on an AMD-A12-9800, is it possible that I have missed something while installing kopernicus? I know i have my gamedata folder structured correctly, and the log files show no oddities (i will still send them if need be), thank you in advance if you have any advice as to fixing this weird issue. (especially weird because my heavily modded install (6000+ MM patches, does not have this issue).

My standard comment about games crashing Windows, is that nothing a non-privileged game or application does should be able to crash the operating system.  So that suggests an operating system/driver bug or a hardware issue.  Assuming you aren't running KSP with elevated privileges, then Linux should be the same.  Modulo operating system bugs/hardware issues, nothing a regular program does should be capable of crashing the PC.

I'd also try validating your install is not corrupted in some fashion, if you are able.  Steam can do this with it's "verify integrity" feature.

But yes Kopernicus itself is technically unable to restart a PC.  The most it could do is run out of memory which on linux MIGHT trigger a reboot, but that is really unlikely and pretty much impossible in your scenario.  Something else is at play.

Edited by R-T-B

Is the latest version of Kopernicus compatible with Parallax 2.0.2? I'm getting the main menu error, but only when I launch with Parallax. I'm using a fresh install of both mods, I've tried reinstalling both of them as well as KSP itself, and the error does not show up when I move Parallax files out of GameData.

3 hours ago, Kayoscape said:

Is the latest version of Kopernicus compatible with Parallax 2.0.2? I'm getting the main menu error, but only when I launch with Parallax. I'm using a fresh install of both mods, I've tried reinstalling both of them as well as KSP itself, and the error does not show up when I move Parallax files out of GameData.

It very much is yes.  Are you installing both Parallax 2.0.2 and a texture pack for it (say, Parallax-stock-textures for stock?)

39 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

It very much is yes.  Are you installing both Parallax 2.0.2 and a texture pack for it (say, Parallax-stock-textures for stock?)

Yes, I'm using the stock textures from Parallax. I followed the installation instructions on the forum post, copying the files from the Parallax install and merging the Parallax_StockTextures and Parallax_ScatterTextures directories into GameData. There don't seem to be any discrepancies.

Edited by Kayoscape
Added a quote.

4 hours ago, Kayoscape said:

Yes, I'm using the stock textures from Parallax. I followed the installation instructions on the forum post, copying the files from the Parallax install and merging the Parallax_StockTextures and Parallax_ScatterTextures directories into GameData. There don't seem to be any discrepancies.

I'm using the stock parallax textures myself.  Also the scatter textures.  I'll provide the full three link set you should be using:

https://github.com/Gameslinx/Tessellation/releases/download/2.0.6/Parallax-2.0.6.zip

https://github.com/Gameslinx/Tessellation/releases/download/2.0.0/Parallax_StockTextures-2.0.0.zip

https://github.com/Gameslinx/Tessellation/releases/download/2.0.1/Parallax_ScatterTextures-2.0.1.zip

If it still doesn't work for you, I'd ask:  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  If so could the OP reporter and anyone else please post their KSP.log files?

Edited by R-T-B

I'm using latest Parallax as per above together with Kopernicus 156, the latest EVE volumetric clouds beta, and a whole slew of other mods without any issues so far. It would help to see the error in question and the log files. 

14 hours ago, Grimmas said:

I'm using latest Parallax as per above together with Kopernicus 156, the latest EVE volumetric clouds beta, and a whole slew of other mods without any issues so far. It would help to see the error in question and the log files. 

Here is a screenshot of the main menu error and the log files:

tYoWFE3.png

Kopernicus.log - https://pastebin.com/Cj3YK4kd

KSP.log - https://pastebin.com/gMNDEYSH

(NOTE: I had to severely truncate the KSP.log file due to limitations on Pastebin posts. I left anything I thought was relevant separated by ellipses.)

Please let me know of any more info that would be useful.

1 hour ago, Kayoscape said:

Please let me know of any more info that would be useful.

For starters, you installed Parallax incorrectly. You somehow copied the contents of the Parallax folder into GameData (Config, Exports, ScatterUI, Shaders, etc). You should remove those files and folders from GameData and instead inside GameData you should have both a Parallax and a Parallax_StockTextures folder. Let us know if the problem still persists after fixing this.

34 minutes ago, Grimmas said:

For starters, you installed Parallax incorrectly. You somehow copied the contents of the Parallax folder into GameData (Config, Exports, ScatterUI, Shaders, etc). You should remove those files and folders from GameData and instead inside GameData you should have both a Parallax and a Parallax_StockTextures folder. Let us know if the problem still persists after fixing this.

That was definitely the issue. Ugh. I don't even understand how I made that kind of mistake. Anyway, thank you for taking the time.

New in this latest version release-157:

1.) Fixed UI_SCALE aware code sometimes affecting windows outside Kopernicus in undesirable ways.

Known Bugs:

Known Caveats:

4.) As of release-151, polar generation behavior has changed slightly. Though it will be safer overall for new missions, be careful loading existing craft there. This is probably not lethal but I don't want you to be unaware. Maybe make a save just in case? ;)

5.) The "collider fix" as it's called, which fixes the event in which you sink into the terrain on distant bodies, is now on by default. If you really need distant colliders, turn this off, but you'd best have a good reason (I can't think of any).

6.) The particle system was hopelessly broken and has been since sometime past 1.10.x. Few mods used it, so it has been removed completely as of Release-146.

7.) Because we now unpack multipart PQSCity's correctly, you may find some PQSCity structures are in the earth or floating. Report such bugs to your planet pack author as this is an intended change (only cosmetic).

Edited by R-T-B

Don't know if this has been brought up before, but it seems that modifying the Sun's gravity changes the rotation of Kerbin for some reason.

The original config without any modifications:

AoEGe5v.pngCyPKlIA.png

And a small config only changing the gravity of the Sun:

L5AgxoZ.pngUZPm4Qj.png

Is Kerbin still the same distance form the Sun?
I wonder if that is calculated automatically to keep a Kerbin year at the same number of days?   (Is it 400 days for a stock Kerbin year?  I'm not sure.  I almost never play stock).