Graphics Card Requirements/Limits for KSP2

TruffleSpy

9 minutes ago, Master39 said:

Was it priced lower than a 3070 in your zone too?

That exactly the reason I've pulled the trigger on a 6800XT a few months back.

The recommended is the RTX 3080 and that's around $900 or more, compared to $600 for the PowerColor Red Devil 6800XT.

30 minutes ago, Dinkledash said:

The recommended is the RTX 3080 and that's around $900 or more, compared to $600 for the PowerColor Red Devil 6800XT.

NVidia pricing makes no sense. I can't understand why people keep choosing their cards.

Especially at the 3070/3080 performance level, the frame rate loss of raytracing is not worth it anyway.

5 minutes ago, Master39 said:

NVidia pricing makes no sense. I can't understand why people keep choosing their cards.

Especially at the 3070/3080 performance level, the frame rate loss of raytracing is not worth it anyway.

Yeah, sad to say, I've become an AMD fanboy.

2 minutes ago, Dinkledash said:

Yeah, sad to say, I've become an AMD fanboy.

Do AMD cards have equivalent software to NVIDIA Control Panel where you can manually change certain apps's parameters individually and such?

I've always been a NVIDIA user, so idk how traumatizing would it be to suddenly change

3 minutes ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

Do AMD cards have equivalent software to NVIDIA Control Panel where you can manually change certain apps's parameters individually and such?

I've always been a NVIDIA user, so idk how traumatizing would it be to suddenly change

Yep

I curious why minimum HDD I'd 45GB and recommended 60GB. So during downloading or installation you can choose to install HQ versions of parts ar this 15GB are training tutorials. I'm asking because I work at sea and to download i will need satellite internet :/

19 minutes ago, Kalessin1 said:

I curious why minimum HDD I'd 45GB and recommended 60GB. So during downloading or installation you can choose to install HQ versions of parts ar this 15GB are training tutorials. I'm asking because I work at sea and to download i will need satellite internet :/

It probably is HD textures. Or maybe they want to use some as virtual RAM for caching transition screens or something? I can't imagine that tutorials wouldn't work in the minimum configuration.

Edited by Dinkledash
minimum

3 minutes ago, Dinkledash said:

It probably is HD textures. Or maybe they want to use some as virtual RAM for caching transition screens or something? I can't imagine that tutorials wouldn't work in the minimum configuration.

I don't think this is done much anymore. There's always paging files in windows but 15GB is kinda huge

2 hours ago, Coin said:

So... you guys thinking a RTX 3050 is close enough to the 2060? I know it's newer, but most benchmark sites say it's still worse than the 2060.

Looks like the 2060 beats the pants off of it. I think it's probably that you've got fully mature 12nm Turning architecture on the 2060 vs 8nm Ampere architecture being used in an entry-level card on the 3050. But I haven't used Nvidia for years so don't take my word for it.

Lol you gotta love the reviewer gratuitously slamming AMD's "Neanderthal marketing tactics" while comparing two Nvidia cards.

6 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

I don't think this is done much anymore. There's always paging files in windows but 15GB is kinda huge

15GB seems like a lot for tutorials. Maybe though.

21 hours ago, Dinkledash said:

Looks like the 2060 beats the pants off of it. I think it's probably that you've got fully mature 12nm Turning architecture on the 2060 vs 8nm Ampere architecture being used in an entry-level card on the 3050. But I haven't used Nvidia for years so don't take my word for it.

Dammit! It's my first Nvidia card, because the 3050 on sale WAS a steal (DLSS with the 3050 is enough to run all games on high in my experience) but it's looking like I should've shelled out the cash for a 3060.  But who would've expected KSP2 to be the most demanding game of our time? lmao

5 minutes ago, Coin said:

Dammit! It's my first Nvidia card, because the 3050 on sale WAS a steal (DLSS with the 3050 is enough to run all games on high in my experience) but it's looking like I should've shelled out the cash for a 3060.  But who would've expected KSP2 to be the most demanding game of our time? lmao

You should be fine. A 3050 has about the same if not better performance as the 2060

36 minutes ago, Coin said:

If you are playing at 1080p resolutions you should be fine.

Here's way too much explanation:

Click the arrow

and the following post 

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli