KatnisssCapeCanaveral for KSRSS v1.0

TruthfulGnome

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2024 at 10:35 PM, dOnut14 said:

Might be a dumb question but are the terrain edges supposed to look so jagged and out of place, i would assume its a little off due to KSRSS having a much smaller scale than RSS, but just wanted to make sure.

https://imgur.com/wC6d7B4

Nothing I can do about it, the Cape is scaled for vessels while KSRSS is not 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like a few others I am also having an issue with the buildings not loading. The map decal loads fine, but none of launchpads or other statics do. I can open the KK editor (Ctrl-K) in game and add the statics that way. They work during my play session, but do not persist after restarting KSP. 

I've downloaded the current state of the master branch on GitHub and I'm using KSRSS from the GameData branch on GitLab. I have all the dependencies installed and up to date too. 

I've tried placing the Modern and Retro folders in the Instances folder, deleting the NewInstances folder as well as the other fixes suggested in this thread. 

Been trying to figure out what might be going on but I am out of ideas. Does anyone know what the issue might be and how to fix it? Looks like it might be with KK itself? 

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2024 at 9:43 PM, JoelM935 said:

Like a few others I am also having an issue with the buildings not loading. The map decal loads fine, but none of launchpads or other statics do. I can open the KK editor (Ctrl-K) in game and add the statics that way. They work during my play session, but do not persist after restarting KSP. 

I've downloaded the current state of the master branch on GitHub and I'm using KSRSS from the GameData branch on GitLab. I have all the dependencies installed and up to date too. 

I've tried placing the Modern and Retro folders in the Instances folder, deleting the NewInstances folder as well as the other fixes suggested in this thread. 

Been trying to figure out what might be going on but I am out of ideas. Does anyone know what the issue might be and how to fix it? Looks like it might be with KK itself? 

Update for anyone else having this issue:

This missing buildings was being caused by a patch in my KSRSS folder called 'NoKerbinInstances', which was deleting all statics which were placed on "kerbin" when loading KSP. I have deleted the file and it works perfectly now! 

Can seem to find the file in the KSRSS GitLab repo, so not sure where it came from... 

Edited by JoelM935
Typo

On 6/2/2024 at 4:43 PM, JoelM935 said:

When that happened to me it was an issue with the version of KK. It's odd, you have to search around for a version that works but eventually you should find it. Apologies for not being a bit more help as I don't remember exactly which version it is.

Is the terrain around Cape Canaveral supposed to not be solid? Tried to drive a rover off the runway and passed through the terrain into the sea.

2 hours ago, Spike88 said:

Is the terrain around Cape Canaveral supposed to not be solid? Tried to drive a rover off the runway and passed through the terrain into the sea.

Apparently the longitude on the fake terrain texture is a hundred (?) or so kilometers east, outside the Florida coast. You can see this when changing zoom amounts and looking at Florida. I don't know how this got past any form of testing, so if someone finds a way to change the longitude of the textures we can fix it ourselves. I'll look for it in the mean time, I need terrain for my KSC.

Update: I found the map decals and their longitudes in a few cfg files. All of the Kopernicus structures might need to be shifted by an amount of longitude lines, but I have no idea if KSC Switcher is also affected by this or not. Will need to investigate more.

Edited by AbnormalVenegrade

58 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Not sure what you mean? It's right up against the coastline.

Hide contents

gIvBAB5.jpg

It’s right up next to the coastline, but it’s not A perfectly aligned(this is because Katniss is scaled to the ships while the terrain isn’t).

B it appears that it’s further out from the coast so there’s no solid terrain under it. I believe this is done so there could be water in the places where there is supposed to be water. 

12 hours ago, AbnormalVenegrade said:

Apparently the longitude on the fake terrain texture is a hundred (?) or so kilometers east, outside the Florida coast. You can see this when changing zoom amounts and looking at Florida. I don't know how this got past any form of testing, so if someone finds a way to change the longitude of the textures we can fix it ourselves. I'll look for it in the mean time, I need terrain for my KSC.

Update: I found the map decals and their longitudes in a few cfg files. All of the Kopernicus structures might need to be shifted by an amount of longitude lines, but I have no idea if KSC Switcher is also affected by this or not. Will need to investigate more.

Let me know what you find. I wonder if there’s a way to make the decal solid or if there is a way to put solid bits under it. My biggest worry is accidentally going off runway with planes and the shuttle. 

8 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Not sure what you mean? It's right up against the coastline.

Hide contents

gIvBAB5.jpg

When I zoom out, the shape of the terrain Cape Canaveral is the real coast, and like Spike88 said the fake texture is beyond the real coast. This causes everywhere to be water instead of land below, which is clearly shifted east.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2024 at 5:37 PM, AbnormalVenegrade said:

When I zoom out, the shape of the terrain Cape Canaveral is the real coast, and like Spike88 said the fake texture is beyond the real coast. This causes everywhere to be water instead of land below, which is clearly shifted east.

So while poking around in the STS launchsites mod for inspiration on modeling my own version of Edwards I realized that they made a giant 3D slab for Edwards for that mod. I think the same would probably work for Katniss.