KatnisssCapeCanaveral for KSRSS v1.0

TruthfulGnome

• 1 month later...

A few problems I am having..... I have tried reinstalling KSP completely 3 times now adding mods one by one. But every time I get to this one and test it, I have the same issue. 

I also am having issues getting the launch sites to load. Scoured through the posts and tried things other people have mentioned without any luck. Even in the VAB if I bring up the Kerbal Konstructs UI, they aren't even listed.

Or is this normal for the cape to sit this far out from the landmass? And for the issues with what looks like land clipping through where water should be? 

I was thinking maybe it was scale related? I keep reading conflicting info but some suggest KSRSS reborn default is 2.7? Is this mod intended for 2.5? I did try with and without sigma dimensions installed without any change. Though strangely enough as soon as that is installed, I start getting module manager patch errors related to KSRSS deployedsciece config files strangely enough. 

Thanks in advance for any tips you have to solve the issues. :)  Oh and I should mention I have tried both with and without parallax installed but same situation. I was thinking that may have had something to do with it. 

Oh I should also mention, that as a few others have had an issue with, I also am not seeing any retro or modern folder packed with the mod. 

In addition, there is no instances folder in KerbalKonstructs for me to try removing. 

J058DIE.jpg

ZflCCqQ.jpg

MMPatch.log

ModuleManager.log

Edited by Hudsonkm

UPDATE: So after seeing it suggested, I went into the instances folder of this mod, and opened up every single instance in the folder one at a time and changed "earth" to "kerbin". In the ones that had multiple entries I made sure to change all of them. 

This fixed the issue with the buildings and pads not loading. 

Now I believe my only problem is the water clipping and the position of the cape in relation to the landmass. 

2 hours ago, Hudsonkm said:

I went into the instances folder of this mod, and opened up every single instance in the folder one at a time and changed "earth" to "kerbin".

I just looked at the Github, and none of the instance files have Earth in them, as of 8 months ago.  I don't think you have the latest files.

There were commits after the 1.0 release, so I suggest using the green Code button to download. If you have trouble with where to put what you get, just holler here.

https://github.com/Truthfulll/KatnisssCapeCanaveral-KSRSS

In other news, the landmass appears pretty much the same for me, so if that's not right, then you're not alone ...

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I just looked at the Github, and none of the instance files have Earth in them, as of 8 months ago.  I don't think you have the latest files.

There were commits after the 1.0 release, so I suggest using the green Code button to download. If you have trouble with where to put what you get, just holler here.

In other news, the landmass appears pretty much the same for me, so if that's not right, then you're not alone ...

That would explain why I also didn't see the Retro folder. Im willing to bet it is the same with a lot of the recent posts that mentioned no Retro folder to be found and pads wont load. TY for taking the time to check that. 

Aha yeah I was using the one listed to the right as the latest release. I saw Old KSRSS not supported and I knew the new one only worked on KSRSS reborn so figured it was the right one. But just checked again and its older than the one you linked. Also doesn't have the retro folder as mentioned. 

9HtUlHk.jpg

• 1 month later...

Heya, I installed this mod with KSRSS and it was working, then I moved all the KSRSS files + this and the dependencies to a separate folder on my desktop and installed GU, but when I uninstalled GU, this mod stopped working. (Not many buildings show up, VAB gone, textures look messed up, grey and white)

1 hour ago, dababykerman said:

I've also tried reinstalling this mod + dependencies, KSRSS + dependencies, and that hasn't worked.

I'm a little unclear about your current state, but is it only this mod that isn't working? And is it only the statics? Wondering if you have the Retro folder copied to the path GameData/KatnissCapeCanaveral/Instances/Retro? 

1 minute ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I'm a little unclear about your current state, but is it only this mod that isn't working? And is it only the statics? Wondering if you have the Retro folder copied to the path GameData/KatnissCapeCanaveral/Instances/Retro? 

So I reinstalled KSP as a whole and that seemed to fix it. I'm installing a few more part mods and I'll let you know if it works.

• 1 month later...

Me again with another (possibly) dumb question! :)

Is it normal for the area around KSC to not have colliders? 

I mean in that you just fall straight through the ground and into the water.  I saw this mentioned as some people having problems with it happening on the runway, but that isn't the issue I am experiencing. I just mean the the other areas of land around KSC

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply!  

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2023 at 7:26 PM, Hudsonkm said:

Me again with another (possibly) dumb question! :)

Is it normal for the area around KSC to not have colliders? 

I mean in that you just fall straight through the ground and into the water.  I saw this mentioned as some people having problems with it happening on the runway, but that isn't the issue I am experiencing. I just mean the the other areas of land around KSC

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply!  

yeah that is normal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there, I am currently facing an issue with Engine Ignitor (from @linuxgurugamer). When I try to launch a liquid fuel powered first stage (BDB Redstone and Thor) from Cape Canaveral, the launch clamps wont ignite the engine when started. For some reason when I launch from other sites (Brownsville or Wallops) everything goes smoothly.

Ignition Failed Example https://imgur.com/r5mezHg 

Mod list https://imgur.com/1x8YezR

Console https://imgur.com/gSyKfOp

Playing on 1.12.5

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, septemberWaves said:

The terrain exists, but I don't seem to be able to use any launch pad other than the default KSC launch site. Is there a fix?

Sounds likely that the Retro folder isn't there or is in the wrong place. There's a one-liner in the Github readme that says where it goes. It needs to form this path: GameData\KatnisssCapeCanaveral\Instances\Retro

The readme says:

!!!!! Instructions: Place the Retro/Modern folder into KatnisssCapeCanaveral/Instances !!!!!

(p.s. there is no Modern folder, only a Retro folder)

Sounds likely that the Retro folder isn't there or is in the wrong place. There's a one-liner in the Github readme that says where it goes. It needs to form this path: GameData\KatnisssCapeCanaveral\Instances\Retro

The readme says:

!!!!! Instructions: Place the Retro/Modern folder into KatnisssCapeCanaveral/Instances !!!!!

(p.s. there is no Modern folder, only a Retro folder)

I did see this line; I couldn't find the "Retro" folder so I assumed it must be an out-of-date instruction. Upon looking again, I've found it. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...