[1.12] FreeIva

JonnyOThan

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2023 at 10:44 AM, JonnyOThan said:
  • Tourists can no longer go EVA

I know this is a bit random, but I've been trying to find a way to EVA tourists. I have tried Kourageous Tourists, but the leveling system and such doesn't apply to preexisting tourists and doesn't allow me to disable it. I saw that FreeIVA has a bug where it somehow allowed tourists to IVA (and I assume not die), but you've patch\ed it. If you still know how it was fixed, is it possible to reverse this decision myself and allow tourists to EVA without downgrading to an older version?

Just wanted to say thank you for this mod and also for leaving comments / notes in the settings.cfg!

I know nothing about modding and wanted to not have it auto IVA on boarding, was easy to spot thanks to the notes.

Restock Version is different fron CKAN to Spacedock. IIRC the Restock author(s) will be updating some things before updating tp ckan.

I'm a clueless pleb and don't know if this maybe contributing.

By no collision.. you mean you can pass through interior walls between modules & can walk into instrument panels? 

1 minute ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

By no collision.. you mean you can pass through interior walls between modules & can walk into instrument panels? 

Yes

7 hours ago, SethM said:

Hi, I downloaded this mod on space dock but none of the parts have collision inside, my only part mods are kerbal modular base systems and restock +

Post your logs.

3 hours ago, SethM said:

which ones?  modulemanager?  cause i don't see a freeiva log

(I assume you are running a more advanced KSP than 1.8.0!)

KSP versions 1.8.0 and above:

• Windows: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\Player.log
    - This folder is usually hidden so you should enable the view hidden folders option (more information).
  • Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
  • Linux: The log is written to ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/Player.log

You can upload these files to any file sharing site (such as Dropbox, Pastebin or File2web). These sites will give you a link you can include in your posts to share your files.

NOTE: These logs are not the same as KSP.log, which lacks valuable data. Do not upload KSP.log; do upload [] Player.log

These instructions are found in

2 minutes ago, SethM said:

I can't post Ksp.log  it just crashes the website for me.  sry, i'm new to modding

You can post it on my discord or on google drive.  The link is in the OP.

On 6/27/2024 at 7:11 AM, Aussie Toad Stool said:

@JonnyOThanThe Habtech 2 Eva airlock does not connect up with other parts in free Iva. It still says the hatch is blocked when there should be nothing blocking it.
Image here of the issue https://imgur.com/a/3yVRC2e
Ksp.log here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bpd0U9cQEfkCsPAIZZHqJADPH5TjcFDv/view?usp=sharing

I have the same issue. I could have sworn that it used to work. 

5 hours ago, dave1904 said:

I have the same issue. I could have sworn that it used to work. 

Just checked git-hub, its being looked into

I reckon if you provide images and ksp.logs there, it should come to JonnyOThan attention faster

On 6/27/2024 at 1:11 AM, Aussie Toad Stool said:

@JonnyOThanThe Habtech 2 Eva airlock does not connect up with other parts in free Iva. It still says the hatch is blocked when there should be nothing blocking it.
Image here of the issue https://imgur.com/a/3yVRC2e
Ksp.log here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bpd0U9cQEfkCsPAIZZHqJADPH5TjcFDv/view?usp=sharing

This works for me.  Please post a craft file.

14 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

This works for me.  Please post a craft file.

Will Do later today. (I need sleep. Clock just went past midnight here), i should have specified in the original comment I am using the dev branch of HABTECH2 off GitHub. 

23 minutes ago, Aussie Toad Stool said:

Will Do later today. (I need sleep. Clock just went past midnight here), i should have specified in the original comment I am using the dev branch of HABTECH2 off GitHub. 

Oh.  Yeah that would have been important to mention.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ViscountessNivlac said:

So I was fiddling around with base concepts today and discovered that Feline Utility Rovers' flexible docking port is impassable in IVA. Will that be a problem on that mod's end?

All of FUR’s FreeIVA support is in FreeIVA itself.  Flexible parts are kind of a challenge.  There’s an issue tracking it on GitHub but I really don’t know when I’ll get around to it.