What did you do today?

Rutabaga22

This is a pretty simple thread, you just talk about what you did today. It can be in games, but not ksp as there is a thread already for that.

I went to our local mall because I have money from Christmas and wanted to see what I could get. I looked around, my indecisiveness led to me not getting anything. After that I looked for DnD books at a book store near us. I didn't do much else, a lot of sitting on youtube. I also have a bit of a sickness.

I went skiing all day with my friend. He either tore a muscle or broke his wrist, we don’t know yet. Also we were stuck on the lift for 30 minutes in the air because it ran out of power. :| Other than that it was kinda fun because I went down some pretty hard runs.

UPDATE: turns out he fractured the two connection points in his wrist. RIP.

Edited by Zozaf Kerman
Update

I got an infection in my mouth where my wisdom teeth were(I got them out around a month ago), it was around double it's normal size. 50% of the swelling was pus and it popped last night. So today I went to the oral surgeon and they popped it the rest of the way and extracted the pus.(SO FUN!)

I'm not doing much right now, it's only 11am. I think I did a little bit of programming. as for yesterday..

I was watching old KSP videos (like several years before I even heard of the game) yesterday, because I had absolutely nothing better to do. Not even play KSP! I can't play it right now because my only working machine is an underpowered laptop. Not that I'm complaining, I could use a short break from KSP :D

On 12/31/2022 at 11:53 AM, Nazalassa said:

<let's imagine I can embed this player here: https://asciinema.org/a/ou2dz7FOlKmGaTi8NrlELuLgc>

I don't get it, the forums have oembed right? It should embed then.

As you can see in my signature, I attempted it with HTML, there was a button for it and it failed to embed so I don't know how to embed, I think it's just certain websites that can be embedded.

Edited by Ryaja

18 hours ago, Ryaja said:

As you can see in my signature, I attempted it with HTML, there was a button for it and it failed to embed so I don't know how to embed, I think it's just certain websites that can be embedded.

Asciinema supports oembed, and I think the forums do as well.
To be sure I asked: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/111158-ask-the-mods-questions-about-the-forums/page/261/#comment-4214658

Yesterday (Sorry, not today) I went to JFK to try some planespotting. I didn't really see any takeoffs, landings, or ground movements in general(too hard to get close and my phone's camera is kind of crappy), but I found a park on the approach path where planes fly REALLY low over your head. I saw a BA 777, a LOT 787, a ton of JetBlue A321s, (And more, I won't list all of them) and more interestingly, 2 PC12s and a TAP A320 neo. It was interesting to see an A320 from a European airline in the US.

On 1/5/2023 at 12:46 AM, Nuke said:

in an effort to purge the house of unused holiday foodstuffs, i made rice crispies treats. idk who thought we needed four bags of marshmallows. 

You after eating said rice crispy treats.

5 hours ago, Rutabaga22 said:

Sounds painful.

Actually it was just a strip crown so it wasn't, I chipped it when I was dreaming that I was eating something, and the second time right after it was fixed

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2023 at 7:08 AM, TheSaint said:

What app are you using?

Inkscape, the color palette is from Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Maps/Conventions/Topographic_maps)

Plus a wacom tablet

worldmap2.png

More mapmaking today: started doing the mountains. (the white spots are lakes)

Edited by Nazalassa
More mapmaking

I did some more programming....
Over the course of about 5 days or so I think (also getting rid of all the code and starting over completely... multiple times) I somehow pulled this thing together by spit and duct tape:

3stwYkJ.jpg

It's nothing impressive at all. The only programs here are Busybox, and a screenfetch-like program written in C (not by me, someone else.)
It's very limited. Single-user only, can't be bothered with anything else right now. It's more of a skeleton than complete system.

Other than all of that I tried to find some lost stuff from the internet and failed (not surprising). One of it was a development discussion mailing list for a particular recently defunct project. I had actually saved archives of it on my computer almost a year back to test another little script I wrote. Shortly after, I deleted the downloaded archives. If only I held onto them a little (5 months) longer or someone invents a time machine so I can tell my slightly younger (early 2022) self to treasure that bunch of text files.. whatever, it's in the past. I regret it, that's all I can really do now. Short time ago while I was looking through files I found a text file, it turned out that was one of the archives (2016-October.txt). At least I have a tiny part of it now, that's nice..