K2-D2

cfloutier

On 9/20/2023 at 5:55 AM, cfloutier said:

hey you modified MechJeb !!! so cool. feel free to send pullrequest to K2-D2 if you have suggestion. I tried to have a clear code. and I hope anyone can find how to enhance it.

I'll take a look and see if I can contribute something useful.

• 1 month later...

I'd love to see K2-D2 automatically plot a course to a targeted planetary system just like McJeb did. Apart from that, this mod is a lifesaver especially because I love the building aspect and don't want to rely on countless quick saves to ensure everything is perfect during descent, maneuvers, or landings.

To the creator of this mod, you're a fantastic person for making it for players like me.

In my opinion, having an auto-pilot module as a future addition to this mod, similar to how McJeb implemented it, would be a great idea.

9 hours ago, Devblaze said:

I'd love to see K2-D2 automatically plot a course to a targeted planetary system just like McJeb did. Apart from that, this mod is a lifesaver especially because I love the building aspect and don't want to rely on countless quick saves to ensure everything is perfect during descent, maneuvers, or landings.

To the creator of this mod, you're a fantastic person for making it for players like me.

In my opinion, having an auto-pilot module as a future addition to this mod, similar to how McJeb implemented it, would be a great idea.

For what you want you should look at Flight Plan. It encompasses much of MJ other than than the autopilot functionality. In particular the things you find in the maneuver planning. FP is compatible with K2-D2 and even gives you a K2-D2 button to execute the nodes it creates.

There are a couple of caveats with FP. Currently it doesn’t do advanced planetary transfer correctly so that’s disabled and there’s an issue with returning from a moon where it gives the right maneuver at the wrong time. It’s possible to use Maneuver Node Controller to adjust the time on the node for that, but the APT part is not working yet

First time actually using K2D2 and geez the UI is tiny.  And there doesn't seem to be any way to make it bigger.  This is almost unusable for me; I have to get like twice as close to my screen in order to see what I'm doing.  Please add a scaling option (or tell me where it is if it's already there).

[edit]  Well, the next time I started up the game, it's actually reasonably sized.  The only thing that changed I think is that the first time, the game was running at 3840x2160, and this time it's at 1920x1080.  So it seems like K2D2 doesn't follow the game's UI scaling.

Edited by Silvia Dragoness

• 1 month later...

@Silvia Dragoness I've tested an implementation of the ui size chaneg. 

And in fact it was quite easy to code... in 4x size there are some pixelisation of the UI corners and for some icons that weren't intended to be resized. 

I'll then send a first version of this without upscaling the bitmaps. and in furture i'll try to added it better. but it will be usable for large screen in a first time. 

18 hours ago, stephensmat said:

Hate to be 'that' guy, but I hope you're planning an update for 2.0.

12 hours ago, kennyc222 said:

Yep! K2-D2 needs to be updated for 0.20!

Please, give mod creators more than 18 hours to work on their mods.    These guys usually have real jobs too, life events, holidays.    Demanding updates so soon after a release seems a bit much.   

3 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Please, give mod creators more than 18 hours to work on their mods.    These guys usually have real jobs too, life events, holidays.    Demanding updates so soon after a release seems a bit much.   

Oh, no disrespect intended. And if it came across that way, I apologize. Just looking for a sense of whether or not the Modders are 'in the room' . Patience has certainly been the rule with KSP2 thus far.

On 12/22/2023 at 1:42 AM, Jks said:

Nodes work flawlessly at least for me, but I am having issues with landing mode, or don't know how to use that. Anyone else?

Yeah, I can't get Landing to work.  Just doesn't do anything.  Lift and Nodes work.  Trying to remember how to manually land on the Mun...

Edited by pmoffitt

SHf2Fy8.png

Rebuild With lastest version and added a  auto staging simple tool.

https://spacedock.info/mod/3325/K2-D2

# v0.11

* Rebuild with KSP v0.2
* Added a resize option using Matrix trick. It can be blurry but it's a quick solution for large screen.
* Added Autostaging tool !
  The little S button in the toolbar can switch it on/off quickly.
  The Stagin tab is only used for information on next stage. I'll try to add a little timer.
  Will Active Next Stage when at least one tank is empty in the current stage.
  Added a delay to avoid rotation during Lift pilot. 1-2 seconds are good values.
  It can avoid a crash if a tank hit the vessel during staging.
  AutoStage is a global feature, meaning it is active even if no K2D2 pilot is running. Use it with causion then
* Dock has been removed because of rendering issues of the "Augmented Reallity" lines

Edited by cfloutier

Awesome Work!!  I cannot express enough how this mod adds to the game.  Its always good to learn and pilot the manual way.  But after a while its also fun let the flight computer do all the work. 

Suggestions

• Can there be a  2/3 or 1/2 scale ? UI scaling is cool and I can see where it would come in handy for those with ultra high res monitors.  For me though it could be fine if shrunk to 2/3 or 1/2.
  • Im really looking forward to the return of docking.  Its a shame you couldnt have left docking enabled and the lines disabled until the issue was resolved.
  • AR lines -  Have portions be optional.  I like the ones you have around the craft itself but not so much the ones where the lines are traversing the whole sky.  Others may prefer the opposite.  But I do understand their purpose.  In either case I look forward to docking being added back in.

Keep up the most excellent work.  The collaboration with other modders, your attention and work towards fine tuning the interface and its artistic style is appreciated.   That makes this mod not even seem like a mod but truly a part of the game.  Thanks again!

Edited by DaveLChgo

Thanks a lot. ❤️

This message help a lot to keep the motivation. 

For the resize i've had bug in the ascent profile rendering using decimal zoom value. Thats why i've limited to x1,2,4. I'll try to fix it and propose a free zoom value. 

Fir the docking, i'll soon add back the tab without ar rendering. I'll fix this later. The pilot can work without of course. I mainly used thoses lines to debug.

Amazing mod! I just started playing again now that the science update is out and Mechjeb or similar is the first thing I was looking for. K2-D2 seems to fit the bill nicely! Big thanks for your work. I do have one question though. What does the s button do next to the settings button? I thought it would stick the window in place but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Edited by DougS2K

34 minutes ago, DougS2K said:

Amazing mod! I just started playing again now that the science update is out and Mechjeb or similar is the first thing I was looking for. K2-D2 seems to fit the bill nicely! Big thanks for your work. I do have one question though. What does the s button do next to the settings button? I thought it would stick the window in place but it doesn't seem to do anything.

From the post about the latest update, it seems like that's the new autostaging feature.