Space Warp [v1.9.5 for KSP2 0.2.1]

cheese3660

Space Warp 1.7.0

Space Warp is a modding API for Kerbals Space Program 2.

Links

Dependencies

Features

• Asset bundle support
  • Part modding
  • Mods menu
  • Console
  • Fancy UI stuff
  • Has an inbuilt stockalike UI skin for mods to use.
  • Addressables Support
  • Localization Support
  • Part Modding Support
  • App Bar Integration
  • Extension methods for common things
  • Experimental patching of the official modloader
  • Support for mods of different types, that being asset only/lua/runtime compiled/dll mods
  • Waypoint creation and editing

How Do I?

1. Install space warp
    • Download the zip file
    • Extract it into the directory where KSP2_x64.exe is located, if done correctly there should now be a BepInEx folder under there
  2. Install Mods for space warp
    • It depends on the mod, if it is a zip file with a bepinex folder extract that into the root directory, otherwise put the folder under the mod into BepInEx/plugins
  3. Create mods for space warp

FAQ

1. The mods button after installation isn't showing
    • Make sure you install UITK For KSP2 (Linked above)
  2. Does this work with Quantum?
    • From Space Warp 1.4.0, Quantum is no longer compatible with Space Warp. However, Space Warp 1.4.0 can also load mods from Kerbal Space Program 2/GameData/Mods folder, so you don't need to use Quantum. Just install the mod by following its install instruction, except you don't need to additionally install Quantum. This could possibly change in the future,  but both Quantum and SpaceWarps loading patch are based off of KSP2s already existing minimal mod loading code, so it is unlikely.
Edited by cheese3660
Bump version

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

When loading with 1.5.0 it doesn't seem to add the mods menu. Pretty much anything that should show on UI does not.

Content still loads however.

Log contains a whole lot of:
[Error  :Space Warp] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SpaceWarp.Patching.LoadingActions.InitializeModAction.DoAction (System.Action resolve, System.Action`1[T] reject) [0x0000d] in <fa52a487673442778cd59f22d8d81961>:0 
[Error  :Space Warp] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SpaceWarp.Patching.LoadingActions.PostInitializeModAction.DoAction (System.Action resolve, System.Action`1[T] reject) [0x0000d] in <fa52a487673442778cd59f22d8d81961>:0 

There's no longer a Mods menu item on the main screen, and I don't see any toolbars.

[Info   :ToolbarBackend] App bar creation event started: Flight
[Info   :ToolbarBackend] App bar creation event started: KSC
[Info   :ToolbarBackend] App bar creation event started: OAB

There are some issues that slipped up into the 1.5.0 release, please try to revert back to 1.4.3 to fix those issues.

You can try upgrading to 1.5.0 again after that, it may fix it. If not, you should be able to stay on version 1.4.3 until a fix is released.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

What does the green/gray button (to right of mod name) do?

It disables or enables the mod. The changes will apply after you restart the game. However, there are some special mods (notably Patch Manager) which have some parts that run even when disabled, though we're looking into ways to fully disable them as well.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, gfdgfherytrey said:

Any Progress on SpaceWarp 2.0?

We're very close to making a 1.8 release, which will contain some much needed improvements of localization (allowing mods to modify and add new translations of the game's text), and some minor UI updates, and then we are planning to finally start work on the 2.0 update, we already have some pretty big plans for it.

Bonjour après plusieurs tentatives d'installation, je n'arrive toujours pas à avoir des mods sur ksp2, j'ai beau installer  Space Warp 1.7.0, dans mon menu toujours pas de MODS qui apparaissent. Je ne sais pas comment faire. 

Sans-titre1.pngSans-titre2.pngSans-titre3.pngSans-titre.png

Edited by ElPhoenix

I can attest to the same issue.
F1 no longer accesses the Mods Manager GUI

Content is still loaded &  Keybinding to open GUI for specific Mods work as normal

You can open the in game settings menu and still find all the toggleable feature there (Albeit the UI scaling in that particular window is FUBAR'd for me)

5 hours ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

F1 no longer accesses the Mods Manager GUI
You can open the in game settings menu and still find all the toggleable feature there (Albeit the UI scaling in that particular window is FUBAR'd for me)

I believe the old configuration manager was removed on purpose. As you meantioned, the new one is integrated with the game's settings. So Settings -> Mods

And yes, scaling is a bit off for resolutions higher than 1920:1080.

Space Warp 1.8.0

What's Changed

• Localization updates:
    •   If a term is missing in some languages, correctly fall back to English
    •   Overrides for existing (stock and modded) terms now possible
    •   Localization can now be added for languages not supported by the stock game
    •   Added French localization and some Portuguese by @MBoutray in https://github.com/SpaceWarpDev/SpaceWarp/pull/279
  •  Mod list improvements:
    •    UITK for KSP2 and SpaceWarp now have their own category "Core mods", because they are necessary and cannot be disabled
    •    Mods are now sorted alphabetically in all the categories
    •    Added a button to restart the game when there are changes detected
  •  A new preload patcher API, which will allow disabling patchers of disabled mods
  •  Configuration Manager (F1) has been removed, as it has been very unreliable with Unity 2022, instead use the Mods tab in the Settings menu

Known bugs

• The app button in the KSC still does not work.

Updating

• When installing this update manually, you will first need to delete the existing KSP2/BepInEx/patchers/SpaceWarp,  KSP2/BepInEx/plugins/SpaceWarp and KSP2/BepInEx/plugins/ConfigurationManager folders.
  • When updating through CKAN, you will also need to update BepInEx.

Full changelog

https://github.com/SpaceWarpDev/SpaceWarp/compare/spacewarp-1.7.0...spacewarp-1.8.0

Edited by munix

Vers 1.8.0 update crashes Save Games.  The loading screen halts about 3/4 done.   Had to use Task Manager to end game.

I disabled, then removed ALL files from the plugins directory, except: Space Warp, and UITK for KSP 2.  Tried to load the savegame.  It crashed.  I then started a new campaign, and saved.  I was able to load that savegame.  Again, only those two mods were enabled.

I then added all the mods to the plugins folder and loaded the new campaign savegame.  It loaded.

I manually removed KSP2/BepInEx/patchers/SpaceWarp and KSP2/BepInEx/plugins/ConfigurationManager folders before installing

Edited by Apollo13