KSP2 EA Grand Discussion Thread.

James Kerman

Bit weird that the messaging went from "We'll have a post up after the event for you all" per the dev tracker to "Well if it is that big, you should expect a post" - If there is a post, bit late to be playing coy, and if its gone from "yes definitely" to "well if we're ready to show what we wanted to show" that's not great.

This is what happens to a starved community though, every bit will be analyzed lol.

1 hour ago, chefsbrian said:

Bit weird that the messaging went from "We'll have a post up after the event for you all" per the dev tracker to "Well if it is that big, you should expect a post" 

To be fair, i think the intent of the comment is less “expect nothing if small news, expect something if big” and more of just “If we’re going into big stuff expect appropiate coverage”. Regardless of if i end up being right about this or not, im very likely reading into it too much. The cm team has generally been good about transcribing news and stuff like that, so if its just a screenshot of a science part we’ll probably see that screenshot, if its how all of science works we will probably see a dev blog about it.

1 hour ago, PDCWolf said:

He probably knows the topic, maybe, but not the whole presentation. That's my most realistic guess.

I mean considering that there will be social post sharing whatever new things come out of that event, and making those posts fall under the community teams jurisdiction and theyre likely making them now/already made them, i see no reason to believe that dakota is being left ouf of info because ????. Just because dakota is keeping info from us doesnt mean he doesnt know it, idk if he knows word to word what nate will say, but its pretty safe to bet he knows the main talking points.

18 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

I mean considering that there will be social post sharing whatever new things come out of that event, and making those posts fall under the community teams jurisdiction and theyre likely making them now/already made them, i see no reason to believe that dakota is being left ouf of info because ????. Just because dakota is keeping info from us doesnt mean he doesnt know it, idk if he knows word to word what nate will say, but its pretty safe to bet he knows the main talking points.

Except that he literally stated in Discord that he has no idea what will be discussed by Nate at the event.

4 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

No? Also welcome back to the forums!

You are correct.  It was asked directly if he knew, and he chose to not respond to that particular post.  So...:/?

And thanks.  My time away was...enlightening.

Edited by Scarecrow71

Perhaps this will be a compilation of Nate's presentations over the years. This is not a gaming exhibition, but some kind of scientific and educational event, where hardly anyone knows how fans see the current situation with KSP2. I think Nate is also counting on this, that there won’t be a crowd of reddit users who remember everything and don’t forgive anything.

15 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

Perhaps this will be a compilation of Nate's presentations over the years. This is not a gaming exhibition, but some kind of scientific and educational event, where hardly anyone knows how fans see the current situation with KSP2. I think Nate is also counting on this, that there won’t be a crowd of reddit users who remember everything and don’t forgive anything.

The issue with that is Kerbal Space Program is and will forever be a 'niche' topic, I don't think it's ever going to be as appealing and/or accessible as the current development team *think* it will be. The current, long time players are the ones whose opinions should matter IMO. I'd love to have some data on new players vs. existing Kerbal Space Program players.

6 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

https://gamalytic.com/game/954850

It says here that there are 16% newcomers, but I think even less.

I honestly can't see it rising much above that, regardless of the attempts to make it 'more accessible'. It's like Everyday Astronaut and his fantastic videos, you don't really watch them unless you're actively looking for that sorta content. Could be wrong mind!

8 hours ago, Alexoff said:

It’s strange that Dakota doesn’t seem to know what will be told at this event

It’s strange that Dakota doesn’t seem to tell what will be told at this event. :wink:

41 minutes ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

I honestly can't see it rising much above that, regardless of the attempts to make it 'more accessible'. It's like Everyday Astronaut and his fantastic videos, you don't really watch them unless you're actively looking for that sorta content. Could be wrong mind!

Well, if all the energy wasn’t spent on cinematic slow-mo videos and trailers, then good content could be added to the game. They could even make a story in the game!
- Jeb, would you be so kind as to climb inside the rocket?
- No, father, I don’t want to do this! Why did you send for me after all this time?!...
Well, further according to the script :joy:

13 minutes ago, Mikki said:

It’s strange that Dakota doesn’t seem to tell what will be told at this event. :wink:

It’s not surprising that Dakota seemed to write something, but didn’t convey any information; it seems to me that now it would be surprising, on the contrary, to hear something specific.

Edited by Alexoff

At this point, I'm just waiting to see what, if anything, Nate says at Space Creator Day.  My guess is that it will be a dumbed-down version of what we all already know and have heard (game is out, yes there are issues, velocity is good, yada yada yada), with a special statement that yes, new content is in fact coming and no, we don't know when yet.  I'd love to be wrong, and I'd love to hear some real news.  But I'm not holding my breath.

19 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

This level of strutting (13 per side) is apparently not sufficient to keep these tanks together at launch.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Composing my negative review on Steam shortly...

Doesn’t look like you are using radial decouples, is that true?

From what I have seen trying to attach them directly is indeed problematic. 

21 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Doesn’t look like you are using radial decouples, is that true?

That's correct, these tanks are not intended to ever decouple. They're supposed to be part of one fuselage.

21 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

From what I have seen trying to attach them directly is indeed problematic. 

:cry::valcry:

45 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

This level of strutting (13 per side) is apparently not sufficient to keep these tanks together at launch.

Composing my negative review on Steam shortly...

I've had that issue on 90% of the aircraft I've attempted to build, and it greatly exasperates the 'flapping' problem caused by the SAS. I fixed it by increasing a few of the values of the physics setting document and it appears (touch wood) to have fixed it.

10 minutes ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

I've had that issue on 90% of the aircraft I've attempted to build, and it greatly exasperates the 'flapping' problem caused by the SAS. I fixed it by increasing a few of the values of the physics setting document and it appears (touch wood) to have fixed it.

Well, if they ever manage it to fix it in the base game, maybe a community manager can tag me, and I'll be happy to re-evaluate it and update my Steam review. Until then, this is a frankly shocking disparity between what the game implicitly promises in the VAB and what it delivers on the runway.

11 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Well, if they ever manage it to fix it in the base game, maybe a community manager can tag me, and I'll be happy to re-evaluate it and update my Steam review. Until then, this is a frankly shocking disparity between what the game implicitly promises in the VAB and what it delivers on the runway.

Hey I'd never want you to be anything other than honest in a review, it shouldn't be upto the end user to 'tinker' with documents to make something work. I sincerely hope you end up in a situation where you can re-evaluate that review. :rep:

I'm posting this here as I'm pretty sure it would get merged by the mods anyhow.  But, at the risk of this being lost in the shuffle...

@ShadowZone posted a new video this morning about KSP2.  The important thing in this video is 20 seconds in where he states Nate will be talking about Science, as well as that SZ will be interviewing Nate at SCD and posting a video about that later.  Watch for yourselves.

12 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

@ShadowZone posted a new video this morning about KSP2.  The important thing in this video is 20 seconds in where he states Nate will be talking about Science, as well as that SZ will be interviewing Nate at SCD and posting a video about that later.  Watch for yourselves.

Dakotas sharing photos of Nate and SZ just exploring the muesuem where the event is taking place right now which is nice.

SW Dennis, Matt Lowne, and everyday astronaut are also at the event and while Im not aware if we’ve heard anything about them being there involving ksp2, i wont be suprised if we get interviews from them as well which would be neat.