No Trajectory Lines in Map View [Indicators Like PE/AP are Still Showing]

DADDYTYRONE

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.1.4 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows | CPU: Intel i5-10300H | GPU: Gtx 1650 Ti | RAM16gb

After updating to 0.1.4.0, I logged on to find that I am unable to see trajectories for any of my crafts while in map view.  I was previously able to on 0.1.3. and most other previous versions. It is clear the trajectories are there, but having no lines makes interplanetary missions almost impossible. Thank you for reviewing and hopefully fixing soon!

Included Attachments:

KSP2_0.1.4_Bug.png.4812b471532efa40baccbfa35c22bec1.png

94 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Intel i9-9750H | GPU: RTX3060 | RAM32GB

This bug still remains in 0.2.

Started a new exploration campaign, launched a rocket and found no trajectories.

Included Attachments:

@QwertyHpp merged your report and updated the tags

might be  prudent to mention this too:  Anth has finally uncovered *a* (hopefully the) path to replicate this bug.

1. start the game and load a save
  2. switch to map view
  3. toggle F2 on and off
  4. switch to the flight scene
  5. toggle F2 on and off
  6. quicksave (F5) and reload (F9). Orbit lines will now be gone

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD R9 5900X | GPU: RTX 3080 FE | RAM32GB 

Still occurring in 0.2 as well. Fresh save.

Edit: Reverted back to VAB and relaunched, and it's showing up again. Didn't need to completely restart.

xw7HzMf.jpg

Edited by NoobAlike
New information

For me as follows: Did a couple of regular missions, few EVAs, in the middle of Mun or Bust with a basic probe. Staged on coast to Kerbin Ap (pre-orbit), saved, accidentally staged again, quickloaded, trajectories are gone. Still can fiddle with maneuver node and Pe/Ap are showing, but not the lines, anywhere in the system. 0.2.0

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Professional | CPU: 5800X | GPU: Zotec 3070 with improved fans. | RAM64GB CL14

It was a basic Launch, Stay Putnick on a large Solid Booster and then decouple once expended but now there are no orbit lines and only PE/AP points.
Yes, this is in the latest For Science!

Included Attachments:

After managing to land on the Mun and planting a flag. I was unable to see orbital lines when attempting to return to Kerbin. I could not see where my orbit was and was unable to burn blind back to kerbin. So much science lost.

Included Attachments:

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz | GPU: Nvidia 3080 RTX | RAM32GB

When I go into map view my trajectory isn't visible and I can't make maneuvers. Restarting the game fixes it for a while. Already verified file integrity. 

Included Attachments:

OS: Windows 11 Professional | CPU: i5 13600KF | GPU: ASUS TUF 7900XTX | RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 CL32

I just missed my maneuver, so I reload my autosave (no quicksave) and my trajectory has disappeared.

I tried quicksaving and reloading but it didn't work... Had to restart the game to resolve the issue.

Included Attachments:

KSP2-x64-6h-B9-BN2-Ou-M.jpg

OS: windows 11 | CPU: i5-10300H | GPU: rtx 3050 (laptop) | RAM16gb

I do not have any orbital lines.

For context, I have quicksaved and loaded the craft several times and now the orbital line has dissapeared. 

Included Attachments:

So I had check of the Map Screen before Launch recently (as I need to line up an intercept) and found that I ALSO didn't have any trajectory lines.
After Launch I didn't get them either and eventually had to to quit/restart to get them back.

On 12/19/2023 at 6:56 PM, The Space Peacock said:

might be  prudent to mention this too:  Anth has finally uncovered *a* (hopefully the) path to replicate this bug.

1. start the game and load a save
  2. switch to map view
  3. toggle F2 on and off
  4. switch to the flight scene
  5. toggle F2 on and off
  6. quicksave (F5) and reload (F9). Orbit lines will now be gone

If you avoid using F2 can you avoid the bug?

I use it a lot for screenshots so I'm wondering if that's why I but heads with this bug so often.

Edited by mattihase

Not sure if this is new info for the devs or not.  But it's new info to me so I thought I'd share.

I just took off from the Mun after finding the Mun arch for the mysterious signal mission.  No orbital lines for my craft unfortunately.  Save/Load workaround not helping.  Oh well.

Interestingly enough, as I pass over the highlands of the Mun the new science action on the left is telling me to go outside in order to perform an experiment.  I think the game thinks I'm on the ground.  At this point I haven't done any experiments on the Highlands of the Mun yet.

71FulZW.png

Hopefully this helps.

@Davidian1024

This bug report is for when the AP/PE/collision/AN/DE markers are still being displayed.
You are experiencing the following:

1 hour ago, mattihase said:

I use it a lot for screenshots so I'm wondering if that's why I but heads with this bug so often.

If you are using the F2 key a lot then that is a safe bet.

What I don't know is if that is the only way it's happening.

@Anth

I have been using the F2 key alot.  The game is just so pretty, I can't help but take alot of screenshots.  So, I need to get the HUD out of the way.

And I guess for what it's worth, occasionally while I was fighting with this last night, the lines would be gone, but the AP, PE, etc markers would be there, but no line.  And no way to create a maneuver plan.

So, I managed to get my orbital lines to show up again.  Fully quitting out of the game and loading my most recent save might've been what did it.

0.2.0 For Science! Release version.

I think this bug occurs most often when I skim the top of an atmosphere but don't land (partial aerobrake), although I've also gotten it taking off from the arch at the Mun.

My mun rocket continued to be in landed state. 

I also cannot timewarp faster than the third notch because I'm in 'landed' state despite being on my way back to kerbin.

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Unclear
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Ryzen 3 3100 4-Core Processor | GPU: NVIDIA  GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER | RAM: 8gb

I experienced this issue while on a Duna transfer trajectory. I had encountered the issue twice during an Apollo-style Mun mission, but closing and reopening the game was a (surprisingly fast) and consistent solution in both cases, so I wasn't that worried. When I encountered the glitch this time, I didn't think it was that significant beyond being visual, so I decided to go ahead and time warp out of Kerbin's SOI. Doing this, my craft seemed to become stuck on the edge of Kerbin's SOI (or it appeared to, but I can't confirm that for reasons I'll get into shortly), and I collected "Surface/Landed" reports for Kerbol. I closed the game and came back to relaunch it the next day... the save no longer ran well, all screens were incredibly slow and often froze, Kerbol experienced a visual glitch where it became brighter until the entire screen was white, nothing worked quite right anymore. I started a new save, and it no longer runs well either.

I'm not entirely sure what happened, the game was functioning well up until that point, and I'm afraid I can't give any more specifics, I'm uninstalling and reinstalling the game now and hoping it fixes the issues. I do hope this info helps in some way. Other than that, Tuesday was my first impressions of the game and I genuinely had fun, this was the first mission I lost to a glitch following ten or so that ran perfectly well. This game has come a long way, and I'm optimistic.

Edited by Exo's Lab

OS: windows 11 | CPU: i5-10300H | GPU: rtx 3050 (laptop) | RAM16gb

When I quicksave (for example a craft over Duna) and reload this quicksave, the orbital lines disappear. This can also happen with planet's orbital lines.

Included Attachments:

OS: Win10 Home | CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x | GPU: RTX 4070 12GB | RAM32GB

Orbit line not displaying on launch. Vessel, Ap, Impact, Pe markers were displayed. Could not Create Maneuver Plan.

Included Attachments:

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: i7-6700K | GPU: RTX 3060 | RAM32GB

In map view all crafts no longer show the orbital lines. Did not go away after restart. 

Issue started after flying the craft file in the attachment for the LIL CHONKER mission to Minimus. Don't know if the overall save has an issue now. 

Included Attachments:

SateliteComms.json

autosave_2.json